jackthebull2

Reaction score
Just got Tranmere promoted into the Championship i need some good recommendations in order to survive and become an established championship club (for the time being) any ideas for good players?

There's a guy called Ronaldo.....you probs heard of him lol.....try and get Frazor Campbell, or some loans from premiership....such as Shelvey etc...

Get Giorgos Samaras, he's quality for the championship and you can get him for around 400k :D

dare vrsic attacking midfielder from olimpia 220k and bandalovski cska sofia quality rightback got him for around 50k

get Ryo Myiachi(sp) from arsenal on loan, class player for me as Birmingham!

cheers guys gonna try and be careful when getting players as im not the richest club in the world, plus debt to chairman of 5 mil :( hopefully there will be a board takeover

What postions do you need strenghed the most?

Hey, I just got Chesterfield promoted into the Championship, I signed these players -

Robbie Cotton - CM -17 year old released from Blackburn, really good stats for his age, could develop into a great Premier League player.

Ignasi Miquel - CD -19 released from Arsenal, played against Liverpool I think earlier this season.

Joe Lewis - GK - quality GK released from Peterborough, really high stats for a keeper in this division.

Adam Smith - RB/LB - Spurs let him go, only 21, nice young back up if you have better.

Dominic Vose - AM/CM - Another freebie, only 18, good stats, looks like he could develop into a PL midfielder.

Also got Andros Townsend on loan, Fitz Hall from QPR for 150k, Enzo Scorza (signed in League One) is a classy player, decent at goal scoring but assist-wise he's unplayable, Steven Jordan LB (another League One signing) used to play in the Premier League for Burnley.

Have a look at Matthew James and Davide Petrucci, both former United players and are the two CM's in my first 11.

Worth mentioning having a quick Alexandre Mendy, he's a Chesterfield player and scored 43 goals in 43 games last season.

Tranmere are also my local team, so best of luck to you. :)

Last edited:
Bressan isnt cheap for a championship club at 1 mil but hes amazing for the championship and will usually go, plus in about 2 season you could either sell him on for 5 times the price or he'd be your star player as someone whos easily good enough for a mid table prem club

also, they might have been sold by now in your game but there are some quality players for riduculusly low prices in the south african leagues :D

Last edited:
Benik Afobe. Scored 46 goals in 46 games for me in League 1. So, half a season of games, maybe a bit of high training to get him up to date if he hasn't been loaned out before you arrive in the Championship, should work. Didn't agree to join me (Swindon) for season 3 though. :( But I've replaced him well. Had a game generated player from Rayo Vallecano, 16 finishing, dribbling, pace, composure.

Another is Conor Clifford, Oliver Norwood. Should be avalible on frees on season 3 and 2 respectively. Manuel Pascali is a solid center back. Around £75k was the price I paid. Murray Davidson is a very solid utillity midfielder. I bought him for about £40k. Basically, raid reserve players getting released from top teams, and Scottish players on their final year of their contract.

I also recommend Andrea Orlandi if he hasn't detorriated for you. Absolute beaut of a player for me. League 2 and League 1 Player of the Year, had some injuries in the Championship but when he plays, he is like Cesc Fabregas, except on the wing (which is how I play him). Sprays plenty of killer passes, has a very good eye for goal and isn't a slouch. I recommend people to loan him first season, and buy him in the 2nd. Should be very cheap.

Last edited:
i got joe lewis too hes a very good keeper! (free)
i also managed to get derry on loan who still has it at 34 :) (loan)
managed to buy petrucci from united for only 175k and now hes worth 900k :) (175k)
etuhu isnt a bad shout either or zoko perhaps or maybe yor berbkamp (unsure on spelling)