joshr100

Reaction score
Sorry if i'm boring people with all these threads I seem to be starting but I need some more advice after the advice given so far was helpful.

Just wondered what attributes I look for in an assistant manager, I usually look at there judging player ability/potential and get advice off them on players, but realised thats what scouts are for right? So what should I look for?

Not only would I like to know what makes a good assistant, but what should I look for in a coach?

Any help would be grateful:)

Yeah, get some good scouts with high player ability/potential and maybe determination as a 3rd.
For assistant manager I would look for determination, motivating, tactical knowledge, man management and working with youngsters, I think language can be important too, but I'm not sure. I would say motivating, tactical and man management are the key attributes, but I could be wrong.

There's a 4* coach thread somewhere, check that out to see what you need for a good coach

The main attributes for assistant manager I look at tactical knowledge, man management, motivation, and on a lesser level determination. It depends on how you use your assistant manager. If you use him for conferences man management is important. If you use him for talks motivation is good. If you use him for OI then tactical knowledge is essential.

On another note, not many people are aware that assistant managers have hidden stats on preferred tactics. This is very essential as you might want a assistant manager that best corresponds to your tactics. I had one Assistant that set tackle and weaker foot to every player. I make my own tweaks anyways but that particular tactic is very taxing on the players.

Sorry if i'm boring people with all these threads I seem to be starting but I need some more advice after the advice given so far was helpful.

Just wondered what attributes I look for in an assistant manager, I usually look at there judging player ability/potential and get advice off them on players, but realised thats what scouts are for right? So what should I look for?

Not only would I like to know what makes a good assistant, but what should I look for in a coach?

Any help would be grateful:)

Assistant manager that i look for are main attributes of determination, motivating, level of discipline, tactical knowledge. The other not so important but would make it a perfect assistant manager would include, judging ability, judging potential and man management.

As for coach, it really depends on what role they are doing..if they are goalkeeping then it is obviously it would be best if they had a high coaching keepers stat along with determination, discipline and motivating.

For more details go to http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...otball-manager-2011-training-masterclass.html

Examples to sign that may help you: Coach List - FM2011 Player Forum - Neoseeker Forums

A coaching calculator that works to calculate their levels/star for you: FM Coach Calculator and Coach Formulae - The Dugout Football Manager Community

Some great advice here thanks everyone really appreciate it. Sure it will help me what to look for in an assistant :)