Good formations with 3 defenders.

• Thread starter leon the cleaner
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3K
L

leon the cleaner

Hi guys,
new to the forums i'm suffering. I decided to start a game with sporting cp from portugal, not knowing that in that league you have to choose 25 squad members to use with no additions until the transfer windows. My injury hit back line is a problem when using four defenders ( i don't have wing-backs either). I could do with a good formation as the title says. I know there are set formations in the game but i wanted to know if any one had any success with different ones. Cheer's.

what often works for me is a 3-1(DMC)-3(all cm)-2

yea, if you don't have wingbacks, 3 CD-2 DMC-LM-RM-2 CM-1 (fast ST), then play with counter attack,and wide play. Have your goalie distribute to the left or right midfield, which ever has better 1st touch and passing. You should get plenty of defensive work even if having injury problems, and your good fast forward, you should have one with pace/acceleration and finishing above 15, should be getting plenty of ball. (then again, each teams tactics have to be worked out for themselves, it's part of being a manager.) This may not work for any other team but mine, try it if you want. (edited for extra info)

When I have played with 3 defenders on FM 2006 i use a DL, DR and a DC with 2 DM's with barrows (backwards arrows). So it turns your defence into a nice 5-man defence when your defending and a 3 man defence when attacking.