Good league 1 team

• Thread starter Thread starter diddly3000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

diddly3000

Reaction score
Hi lads I was looking for a good league 1 team for a challenge. Any ideas of a good starting team in league 1 with decent transfer budget:)
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Stevenage start with 0 transfer budget but they are a really good challenge as they are expected to finish bottom but they have some talented players who can play at championship level such as Bostwick, Wilson and maybe Ashton.

Not many league 1 teams have a budget to speak of to start with anyway dude, I would agree with the above comment though, Stevenage = low expectations that can increase your reputation when/if you meet or better them, meaning you could get more money the following year and better players due to your team "over achieving" look at the Sheffield teams too... but beware they have high expectations (Both think they should win the league)

Nice thanks lads will probably start with stevenage so seems like a good challenge. :-)

Apart from what has already been mentioned. I recently started with Preston. They have a decent squad, with a lot of good young players and a few superstars also. Bit of a struggle financially, but seem to have good potential for promotion. It seems to correlate in real life, as in the last 5 years or so they've actually challenged for Premier League promotion. Also one of their coaches has an amazing knowledge of different countries players. It means on your player search there could be tons more there that aren't available at some point. I started a game, only did a few days, then restarted (as I wasn't happy with my league set-up) -but managed to get one of the most promising brazilians on the game on loan to me in LEAGUE 1!!!! Hasn't happened on my new game yet though

I went with stevenage in the end. I had a 50k transfer budget which wasn't fun and no good players would play for me lol. So I loaned afobe from arsenal, and my jesus he is a beast lol 15 goals from 10 games. I'm sitting second in the league at the minute. No cheating or anything like that, just using one of the tactics. I am in January now and I find much better players will consider playing for me now that my league position is so healthy. One thing that ****** me off though is the board accepted a bid of 750k from wolves for luke freeman (my second top scorer) his value was 250k so 750k seems a bit pissy to accept under my nose :-(
I've brought in some of my own staff too actually all my own staff lol because what was their was woeful.

Sheffield Wednesday. 500k, 82k wage budget. Massive club with so much potential.

Sheffield Wednesday. 500k, 82k wage budget. Massive club with so much potential.

Didn't want a good team. Wanted a challenge so went with stevenage :-D so I can build the club from ground up :-D

Back