Name:Adam McGurk
Position:AMC/FC
Club:Aston Villa
Value/Fee:Free
Work Permit Needed? Yes/No :No

i signed him for my crawley side and he has done wonders. plays best behind the striker but is also able to just play ST and will get you alot of goals.

Kostadinov
Striker
Free
No work permit as he is bulgarian under 21 international
Bought to Accrington Stanley league 2. he scored 30 goals if 49 appearances
and spearheaded our way to play off glory :)

My Recommendations are useless if you start in England, because these players would not get a work permit.
But if your in lower league in most other European countries, that limit the foriegn players in the squad to a certain number and don't use work permit system take a look at these players.

Julio Cesar -From Montana (cost around 90k) - A versatile Left Back, that plays well in Left Midfield and Right Back too.

Alexandr Omelchenko- From Volga (cost around 90k) - A cultured Attacking midfielder with great feet, and good vision

Eugeny Somchenko - No Club (Free) - Has no club a start of game, a complete striker for this level.

Sergey Pischulev - No Club (Free) - A right sided, or central midfielder, good stats, in both attack and defence.

If you play in Russia, Romania, Ukraine, Slovakia, these players are not considered foreign.
I'm sure in Italy Spain, France,Germany, Portugal, Holland, these are considered foreign meaning a maximum of 3 per team.

League 2 Or Below Signings

Name: Marc Joseph
Position: Defender (Right,Left,Centre)
Club: Rotherham
Value/Fee: I Signed Him For 9k You May Be Able To Weal And Deal
Work Permit Needed? Yes/No : No

Name: Aleksandar Prijovic
Position: Striker
Club: Derby County
Value/Fee: (Got This Player On Season Long Loan)
This player has scored 11 goals in 14 appearances on my burton albion season and helped to 2nd in the league

Name: Maxime Chanot
Position: Defender (Right,Centre)
Club: Free Transfer
Value/Fee: Free Transfer
not a bad free transfer doesn`t always get in but always there and about if theres an injury and overall rating is 7.00 and has appeared 7 times off the bench

Name: Christian Gyan
Position: CB,RB,DM,CM
Club: Free Transfer
Value/Fee: Free Transfer
Work Permit Needed? Yes/No : Yes But Very Easy To Get
Is Probably the best signing i made for burton and plays awesome every game !

Name: Elliot Parish
Position: GoalKeeper
Club: Aston Villa
Value/Fee: Loan (Great Signing)
Solid Keeper

I hope these players help strenghen your team

bodell6969 ;)

Excellent thread. I got Mettomo and Gyan for my Crewe team before I even looked here, and they are pretty solid and dependable. Wel worth signing for any League 2 teams, probably even a few League 1

Last edited:
Cristian Peruchini
Free Agent
No work permit.

Top class player for really lower leagues, i mean, hes my best player for East Stirlingshire in the scottish 3rd division.

Jorge Gonzalez Diaz AKA Yordi
Free Agent
No Work Permit

Quality player in League 2

gaston fernandez not sure bout 1st name fink thats right get him on a free and is good at championship and low / mid prem

Name: Matthew Booth
Position : CB
Club : Sundowns
Value\Fee : 140k
Work Permit : Not Sure

Great CB.. high concentration.. got it on my QPR game.. First team player.. good for champioship an below..

Name: Jens Stryger Larsen
Position: CM & AM (I play him as a AM)
Club: Brondby
Value/Fee: 600k
Work Permit Needed? Yes/No : No work permit..

michael mifsud can often be snapped up on a free for league 2 sides and sometimes lower. absolutely bangs them in all the way up to championship level.

Michael Coulson
Sriker

He can be bought for a free from Barnsley in January and bangs in the goals from league 2 downwards. Haven't yet tried him in league 1 but he scores against higher league clubs in the cups so I guess you can play at a higher level. A bit injury prone though :'(

Name: Pedro
Position: AMR/ST
Club: Murcia
Value/Fee: 40K

Name: Erwin Mulder
Position: GK
Club: NEC Njimegen (or PSV, can't remember)
Value/Fee: 75K

Got them for my Rotherham side. Mulder even got a Holland under 21 call up.

Name: Rade Veljovic
Nationality: Serbian
Position: Striker
Club: CFR Cluj
Value/Fee: 525k/325k

bought him twice and both times he rocked (H)

edit: at 1st i had the chance to buy him for a 2nd placed german 4th divison (Saarbrücken, chosen cause of the huge stadium) team during the first winter transfer period (including "non promotion release" clause), still have him in Bundesliga in the top scorer list (worth 4.6m, Dinamo wants him for 6.5m)

Currently i have him at TuS Koblenz (2nd div., 1st signing)

Last edited:
Kyle Bartley from Arsenal (loan)
Pedro Botelho from Arsenal (loan)
Jay-Emmanuel Thomas from Arsenal (loan)

All 3 of these will go to a League 2 club and do well. Bartley was one of the sole reasons I got promoted with Crewe. Not sure if I got lucky but he also got released the following summer so I picked him up for free.

Plus players like:

Matt Holland
Hermann Hredarrson
Brynjar Gunnarrson

Are solid older players who get transfer listed and can be tempted to League 2 clubs if you have a decent wage bill. They do a goodjob as DM's and can also be approached to mentor younger players.

I signed ***** topp and at the end of my first season he had scored 43 goals in 45 games!!! He helped me get to he play offs with bury, he got top goalscorer, most man of the matches and highest average rating for the whole season!! Best free signing ever, almost better than liverpool signing joe cole this year ;)

Name: Alexandre Oukidja
Nationality: French/Algerian heritage
Position: Goalkeeper
Club: Lille
Value/Fee: £70-100k

Sensational goalkeeper at League 1 level; yet to test him at Championship level, nor Premiership.

These guys are good for York in BSP

Name: Alex Walker
Nationality: Scottish
Position: D RLC DM MC
Club: Morton
Value/Fee: £6K

Great player for the BSP and so far good in L2. I've played him at DM mainly but is good as a DC. Found him lacking the few times i've played him at fullback though.

Name: Graham Cummins
Nationality: Irish
Position: FC
Club: Waterford Utd
Value/Fee: £200
Took a while to get going in BSP scored 2 in first 20ish games, then got 18 in the last 20. May have been a coaching issue as his form increased at the same time I got some better coaches. Been injured at start of season so not sure how good in L2 yet.

Name: Josh Falkingham
Nationality: English
Position: DM MC
Club: Leeds
Value/Fee: £500
Played him at MC in first season and did well. Now back up to other players in L2 but still a useful player on the bench

Also agree with other poster who said Maxime Charnot, was my regular right back in BSP and averaged 7.15. Also see Richard Brodie he's a great striker in BSP and so far in L2 but don't know how much he would go for as i'm playing as York and so not bought him.

Season 2 League 2 with York

Name: Alan Cawley
Nationality: Irish
Position: AMRC
Club: St. Pats
Value/Fee: £2.5K
Bought him to play on the wing but after an early season injury crisis found he was good in central midfield, links well with forwards and a good eye for goal. Also good with free kicks

Name: Robert Eagle
Nationality: Scottish
Position: WB\AML
Club: Inverness CT
Value/Fee: £10K
Good winger which is good as spent a large amount of my budget on the scouts recommendation. Gets a lot of crosses in during the game and shares the free kick duties with Alan Cawley