good players playing badly

stragler

Reaction score
i´m playing as chelsea am half way through a season am second in the league and everyone in the team is more or less happy and playing well except for moutinho!

bought him at the begining of the season and he strugles to get more than a 6 in most matches, at first played him lots but now he mainly sits on the bench and comes on when players are tired.

any suggestions on how to make him play well

all my other signings have done really well and moutinho has got really good stats;(

dont wanna sell him but might have to

Are you playing him in his best position?

yeah, he´s playing in preferred position in central midfield and always gets the lowest score in the team

would it be better to always praise him or always get angry with him

Trying telling him there's no pressure on him and see if that helps.

try him on no pressure, or even really push the boat out and expect a performance, see if that gets his *** in gear, or if you bring him on at half time and you're not doing very well then tell him that he can make the difference

I've had the same problem with him in my valencia team,and this despite winning the league! ihave successfull teams but all my player ratings seem quite poor!(best player season rating 7.11!!!)

who do you normally play him with ..........cause i bought him for arsenal and him fabregas were my best players

he plays alongside either lampard or deco

thanks for the info will try mollycudling his ego!

try give him more creative freedom thats what i done

I've got the same issue with guilherme (young brazilian striker) who plays for my celtic team. he's got massive ability and potential, all my coaches say he's my best player and he's worth the most. he also has teams such as milan,chelsea,barcelona,munich all chasing him. but he can't score for my team, and this is in the scottish league! he still scores regularly for the brazil under 21's team and is their vice captain. i can't understand it.
i'm just starting my 2nd season with celtic, bought this guy at the beginning of first reason, he STILL hasn't scored a league goal in like 25 appearances, its insane.

gave him lots of creative freedom, tried a few things, its just no happening. my assistant does say that 'guilherme seems to have trouble motivating himself whilst playing under you', surely theres some way of fixing it - ain't gonna sell him thats for sure!

try setting ur striker as ur target man and get him to run on to the ball as his supply! this worked for me when keirrison was really struggling!!

i'll try that jones sounds like a good idea. tried playing him with a few different strikers, all of which can play well together except him. mainly venehoor of hesselink (big guy), and lewandoski (polish guy, really good), sometimes daniel sturridge too.

try and change your tactics around and also set your reserve tactics to the same

if somone;s underperforming just put him on the bench for a while :)

uh... maybe its just the language barrier... Try to look your asisstant feedback mate... Some players have bad adaptation in new team. Its just like ronaldinho in milan.

i got aguero and he is playing reall bad 1 goal in his first 8 games hope its just that he needs time and next season he will be on fire well thats the hope anyway lol

Hmm... My aguero is fine... He is current leading top scorer in my league with 20 goals... LOL...