Devians

Reaction score
So after going till 2025 in my save, i got bored after complete dominance in spain and so now thought that it would be more competing to chose a small club in a small league and let them to champions league.
So i wanted to know some league which are way behind in league rankings or in term of boasting stars but have some good 4-5 clubs fighting for title with many future stars or are producers of fine regens. Like the eredivies (netherlands), russian league and maybe that of ukraine and turkey

P.S. My computer supports 3 leagues with big database so maybe it could support 4 with small or medium database

Thanks in advance

Portugal is a massive challenge, breaking the dominance of the big 4 (Porto, Benfica, Braga, Sporting).
You have to develop players to sell, and you have to get to the group stages of the champions league or you'll have no money.

Portugal 2nd division is incredibly fun and challenging. 22 teams but only 2 promotion spots makes it very tight at the top. Then staying up the next season with only 16 teams and two relegation spots makes it challenging too. Then obviously there is the challenge of breaking Porto's/Benfica's dominance.

Belgium, Ukraine and Norway are fun leagues which are worth looking at if Portugal doesn't suit you.

I'd recommend Italy, working yourself up from Serie C1/C or Serie D

I dont think if go into serie c/d i would be able to add anymore league and would be boring just playing with 1 country

Portugal is a massive challenge, breaking the dominance of the big 4 (Porto, Benfica, Braga, Sporting). You have to develop players to sell, and you have to get to the group stages of the champions league or you'll have no money.

Portugal 2nd division is incredibly fun and challenging. 22 teams but only 2 promotion spots makes it very tight at the top. Then staying up the next season with only 16 teams and two relegation spots makes it challenging too. Then obviously there is the challenge of breaking Porto's/Benfica's dominance. Belgium, Ukraine and Norway are fun leagues which are worth looking at if Portugal doesn't suit you.

Too bad that I already led Ferreira into champions league glory (lucky run that was and without winning the league, finished 2nd) and i got bored from that league after finishing 2nd every season. Boy that was a hard league.
And i think only shaktar are good club in ukraine but would look to norway. Do norway send teams to europa league??

Denmark, Sweden, Romania...if you want a real european challenge!

One of my favourite saves so far on this game has been with Tromso of Norway, give it a go.

I dont think if go into serie c/d i would be able to add anymore league and would be boring just playing with 1 country

Too bad that I already led Ferreira into champions league glory (lucky run that was and without winning the league, finished 2nd) and i got bored from that league after finishing 2nd every season. Boy that was a hard league.
And i think only shaktar are good club in ukraine but would look to norway. Do norway send teams to europa league??

Shaktar are the stand out team of course but that makes it all the more difficult. There are decent teams below them like Metalist and Dynamo Kiev. And yes for your Norway question

So after going till 2025 in my save, i got bored after complete dominance in spain and so now thought that it would be more competing to chose a small club in a small league and let them to champions league.
So i wanted to know some league which are way behind in league rankings or in term of boasting stars but have some good 4-5 clubs fighting for title with many future stars or are producers of fine regens. Like the eredivies (netherlands), russian league and maybe that of ukraine and turkey

P.S. My computer supports 3 leagues with big database so maybe it could support 4 with small or medium database

Thanks in advance

View attachment 399216

Go to Sweden and try to re-establish IFK Gothenburg to former glories.

They used to dominate Swedish football but have fallen behind AIK, Elfsborg, Malmo and Helsingborgs in recent years. They won the UEFA Cup twice in the 1980s and gave Manchester United a couple of good matches during Fergie's early forays into the then newly-revamped Champions League. Their stadium was recently redeveloped and they have a tradition of good youth recruitment, though you might need to improve them in that area.

It's unlikely you'd win the top European prize with them, but winning the Europa League should be achievable. You will have to get used to every third player being named Andersson, though.

Last edited: