bigbadsad

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just installed FM09 to the 9.3 patch and need some advice on tactics. The game sets the default at 4-2-3-1 or something like that. I have downloaded the tactic 4-4-1-1 opik v3, but it looks more like another 4-2-3-1 but with a AR and AL.

I am Liverpool and with this tactic I can not win and have just been whomped 3-1 by wolves in my first friendly.

What is a good tactic for Liverpool?

dont envy ya matey... liverpool are my bogey team, can never find consistency... very hard to manage. The problem is that the players all have different personalities and playing styles... I found that by the time I got palpable success I had basically sold 2/3 of the team and bought a whole new team, lol. Mental! lol, I recommend selling Gerrard he is ****, :0

Thanks JP. I'll give it a go.

Bhoy81, how can you say that about Gerrard :O Only joking, Ive had some interesting offers. Im a red so i could never sell him.

Thanks JP. I'll give it a go.

Bhoy81, how can you say that about Gerrard :O Only joking, Ive had some interesting offers. Im a red so i could never sell him.

lol, sorry matey... big gerrard fan in real life, but he never seems to cut it in the cyber world, lol. JP will sort you out man... good luck!

I still cant score.

This one is a lot harder than 08.

Last edited:
Managing Liverpool is usually easy mate,not sure were your going wrong here.Do you tinker much with team and tactics?

I dont know what Im doing wrong. Ive used that tactic JP gave me. Do I need to change any of the team instructions?

I keep drawing or getting beat by teams I should be beating, like West Ham. I have just been beaten 3-1 away to PSV.

In my Liverpool save the whole tactic was about torres, goal scoring beast. Play him as a lone striker, sell a fair few players eg kuyt. If i remember correctly the defence is a tad shoddy to begin with, Chiellini is a beast for me and if you have him challenge keeper for corners that are aimed for penalty area he'll net a goal every 2-3 games which adds up nicely :)

Also for me gerrard was shocking and i had oppertunity to sell him for 29m :( Then again cutting in he could do well in replacement for Kuyt on the right which i wish i had tryed.

I've just started a new Liverpool file .. beaten Arsenal at home 2-0 Drew 1-1 With Wigan (Dominated) and Beat United 2-1 away and drew 3-3 with Chelsea at home

I have a normal 4-4-2 with often runs from my wingers
I emphasis passing mixed. And i set width/tempo and passing according to the pitch length.