good tactics with only 3 center backs

adman278

Reaction score
and no wing backs

im in the belgien league with anderlecht but i dont start with many rb or lb and then i sold the ones i have to fund the strikers i just need a formation its pretty much the same team as the start with the inclusion of lucas braziliian from sao paolo and kadlec

ST
LW RW
CM CM
LWB RWB
CB CB CB
GK

Came fourth with birmingham first season with this tactic

Oh and that lucas, I trained him to left wing. Amazing. and Kadlec up front on his own, all that was needed for Brum to get to the champions league.

Last edited:
ST
LW RW
CM CM
LWB RWB
CB CB CB
GK

He said no wing-backs though.

I don't have any specific formations, but just play a defensive midfielder for extra cover or defensive wingers.

Or maybe try retraining a centre-back to full back?

Maybe something like this?

4898240.png

or this:

4898245.png

where you ofcourse can set the space between players wider or shorter, attack via wings or centre or a mix

Last edited:
I play a 3-4-1-2

CB (cover) CB (stopper) CB (cover)
RM CM (ball-winning defend) CM (ball-winning defend) LM
AM (advanced playmaker attack, but it depends on the player you're using in this position)
FW FW (roles to be picked according to skills of forwards)

I have the mentality slider on defensive for the four mids behind the AM, particularly the side midfielders. However, I put their creative freedom on high, run from deep on 'often,' and roaming on yes. This way they track back and defend but move forward when they get the chance. Sometimes I will put in a more distributing CM and put him on support or even change his role to central midfielder or something like that. I would still keep his mentality on defensive though.

i play 3-5-2 on fifa cb cb cb dm dm lm rm cam st st and it rules but played it once on fm with liverpool and got smashed and have been too afraid to use it since lol..

get a sweeper and set him to zonal and too other cbs to man mark and it is welll hard to break down