seanhrfc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently using a less capable laptop so I've gone for a career that doesn't need loads of leagues/players loaded. I'm Southampton and I was wondering whether I've made some good transfers here:

In:
Will Hughes 2.5m + Frazer Richardson
Mario Bolatti Loan
Jores Okore 1.3m
Adryan p/e for Guly do Prado
Wellington Nem 3.5m
Max Clayton 3.2m
Eric Lichaj Loan

Out:
Danny Seaborne 100k
Steve de Ridder 500k
Tadanari Lee 1.8m
Frazer Richardson p/e
Ward-Prowse loan
Guly do Prado p/e
Richard Chaplow 1.2m
Jason Puncheon 2.5m

I had secured a deal for Ademilson for 5.75m, but he got injured for 4 months and therefore failed his medical. Got Max Clayton instead.

I'm trying to build a good young squad, with the aim to develop players rather than go for experienced players. Ideally, I want to get in as many top young english players as I can, but they're so expensive!

Looks great to me. Tadanari Lee would probably be able to do a good job, but I guess you've got enough firepower ;)
Personally, I would've held onto Richardson, but that's just me :)
Just make sure to keep Ward-Prowse in the long run. And of course you know that Luke Shaw will become world class, so keep him, Schneiderlin, Ramirez, Clyne, Cork and Lallana. I would also hold onto Rodriguez, Stephens, Sinclair, Yoshida and Chambers.

Good Luck!

PS! How did you get a deal for Ademilson that cheap? Think he was valued at 11M in my save, and I would have to atleast double that (22M) to get him...

Last edited:
Good Luck!

PS! How did you get a deal for Ademilson that cheap? Think he was valued at 11M in my save, and I would have to atleast double that (22M) to get him...

Ademilson has 5.75 release clause bud

I don't think you should've sold Guly and brought in Adryan.
Adryan won't be ready for a long time, and by then there'll be much better regens anyway.
Guly does a decent job first season and you're short of right wingers as it is.

Also Fraizer Richardson is a good backup for Clyne.

Selling Puncheon was a big mistake imo as he was one of my best players first season.
There were some good transfers like Will Hughes who I actually bought for 7.75 as Southampton in the 2nd season and he was awesome so I'd say that's a really good deal.
I'd also recommend Nathan Redmond as you really need some wingers.

But maybe you aren't playing with wingers in your formation? If this is the case, I'd suggest changing to a winger formation because the wings are really OP and focused on in the ME. But if you're getting results, what can I say.

The players you want to keep long term are: Lambert (your only real TM, good plan B), Gaston, Lallana, Clyne, Cork, Schneiderlin, Fonte, JayRod, Luke Shaw, Ward-Prowse. The rest are expendable really and only good as backup.

Last edited: