Status
Not open for further replies.

jetika

Reaction score
Well as i cannot use my other story's save game till i get my hard disk back, I have decided to start another story.I will be using a slightly edited database. I have given the best Indian teams good training and youth facilities and increased the league standard and difficulty to 15. I will also put myself as a player into my team as I have more fun in the saves with me in them:D.
The main aim of the story will be to start of in the indian league and try and make India a major footballing force. i.e. try and get the national job and win as many international trophies as i can. At the current standard of the indian league this would be nearly impossible so i had to do the edits to make this a slightly more doable challenge. I have holidayed ahead a few times to test the database and though good regens show up for india they are still few in number and so this will be a challenge.
So i will take charge of Mumbai FC to start with and put my created player there as well and see how it goes.

Good luck with this, it'll be tough but stick to it :)

Are you from India?

BCCI Caught In Match Fixing Scandal
Following a number of sting operations it has been shown that main members of the Indian cricket board, the Board of Control for Cricket In India, have been involved in fixing of important matches and selecting teams to appease bookies. The Indian government has decide to hold a complete investigation into the matter.

BCCI To Be Dissolved
Following confirmation of corruption and match fixing charges and on becoming aware of th deapth of the corruption the Indian government has decided to dessolve the BCCI in its current form to be refromed. All their assets, worth over a billion dolars, will be liquidated and invested into developing football in India. All the major clubs in the country will be funded to improve their facilities and also to improve the infrastructure of the indian football system.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Good luck with this, it'll be tough but stick to it :)

Are you from India?

thanks dude. it might turn out to very tough but will try to stick with this till fm11 comes out(A).Will play at a lesser frequency so as to maintain my interest.
ya im from india. im from Mumbai so am taking charge of Mumbai FC.:D

my laptop is acting up a bit so will post the team info and first update in a few hours.

Off topic: Malinga was amazing for you in the IPL the other day XD

On topic: Have you got any decent regens yet?

Off topic: Malinga was amazing for you in the IPL the other day XD

On topic: Have you got any decent regens yet?

Ya I heard he played well, though i dont really follow cricket all that much anymore:p.
Ya got a couple of good ones.

So here's the first update:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manager's Name: Galen Marek
Starting club: Mumbai FC
Club info: Mumbai FC is an Indian football club based in Mumbai. Their home ground is the Don Bosco School ground in Borivali. It is a recently launched club (2007), by the Essel Group and they have roped in big names, such as Indian international striker Abhishek Yadav.
Mumbai FC, the concept, was born in the minds of a few sports-minded individuals, who felt the dire need for a community based football club to unleash the huge fountain of untapped talent in the city. The concept was shared and liked and the next step was putting together a pool of management talent that passionately believed in the same. Once this was achieved, the next logical step was setting up a team with a mixture of youth and experience and getting an experienced coach to guide the team’s fortunes.

Key Players:

Abhishek Yadav (ST): An experienced stiker with good areal ability.
View attachment 47402
Mahesh Rebello (GK): A young goalkeeper. A future national team shot stopper in the making.
View attachment 47399
Francisco Firoze (DC): Probably the best prospect at the club. A reliable young defender with a bright future.
View attachment 47400
Siddhartha Tiwari (AM/FC): A young and talented forward. Great potential. Future india captain in the making:p
View attachment 47401
Media prediction: 8th
We aren't expected to win anything this year but will try and change that.

Expectations:
1st season: Qualify for continental competitions.
2nd season: Either win or challenge for the title. Win the federation Cup.
3rd season: Win the title.
I will try to get the national job as well. Although I will only accept the Indian national team managerial post, I will not turn down international club offers

Transfer Updates: As I was not sure how to judge the players in my team i made the decision to not buy much this time and play out the season to gauge my players. Also as i hardly had any transfer budget i moved it all into my wage budget and decided to get in a player or two on the free. I finally brought in just one player and sold none.
IN
Tony Illodigwe (ST; Free Transfer): Fairly old at 38 but still a decent buy. Will do wonders from set pieces.
OUT
NONE

Matches: As i had no matches till October i decided to arrange loads of friendlies till then to get my players in shape and try out tactics. So we ended up with 13 friendlies over a little over 2 months.

Pre-season updates to follow shortly.

Last edited:
This was the longest pre season i have ever had. July to October!
Games played: 13
Won: 6
Lost: 5
Drawn: 2

Not the best start we could have hoped for but not bad either.Key performer was Tiwari with 7 goals and 4 MOM awards. The 3-0 and 3-1 victories over Vasco and Mohun Bagan respectively were particularly pleasing. Decided to stick with a narrow diamond formation as we dont have any good wingers. Firoze seems to be developing well as a couple of his stats have already starting going up( getting those light green arrows). Finally getting a fair idea of the level of players and the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.