bh3012

Reaction score
So Mario Gotze has 6 months left of his contract at Bayern, available for a Bosman in the summer. You'd think this would be a no brainer, i'm Arsenal 3 seasons in and have Ozil, De Bruyne, Odegaard (currently out on loan), Wilshere and Ramsey all at the club. Gotze is basically the last thing i need, but can i pass up this opportunity? Do i sell anyone to be able to fit him in?

Decisions, decisions.......

Sign him! Use him as a CM, RM/LM, CAM or a AMR/AML. Even a false nine!

His versatility is the one thing that's swinging me towards signing him, would be an embarrassment of riches in midfield!

His versatility is the one thing that's swinging me towards signing him, would be an embarrassment of riches in midfield!
If I were you, I would sell Wilshere / Ramsey / Özil. Would get some nice cash, which you could then use to strengthen your team in other positions!

Last edited:
sign him on a free even with the intent to sell for profit i got him on free and sold him the following season for 30m pounds

How is your team performing? If the players that occupy his position/s are playing well then there's no need to sign/sell and disrupt the team. Doesn't really matter if it's free, if you don't need him there's no point in signing him unless you just want to use him for profit but that's your decision I guess.

I signed Gotze on a free in one of my saves. Then next season I sold him back to Bayern for 53m pounds. True story!
LOL. So basically when a young superstar becomes available on a free, it's a no-brainer to sign him because you can always sell him off for big profits later on. The only drawback will be his salary and signing bonus. But you can more than make it back later.

How has Ozil been for you? You could sell Ozil and Gotze would be his replacement, But if you want to be cheeky you could sign him then loan him out for a season then sell him for £30-40m.

This is the problem I always have on FM. I build up over 100million in the bank for transfers but I'm too tight to spend it and get in bosman signings I don't need haha.

May be worth getting him though just to sell him or someone else on after a season. That's if you can keep all the players happy with enough game time :)

How is your team performing? If the players that occupy his position/s are playing well then there's no need to sign/sell and disrupt the team. Doesn't really matter if it's free, if you don't need him there's no point in signing him unless you just want to use him for profit but that's your decision I guess.

Team is performing well and midfielders are all doing their jobs. Only got De Bruyne in the summer (it's now January) but i'm thinkinh as Gotze is so versatile i could use him on the wings also.

How has Ozil been for you? You could sell Ozil and Gotze would be his replacement, But if you want to be cheeky you could sign him then loan him out for a season then sell him for £30-40m.

Ozil is playing well, i rotate him and De Bruyne next to Ramsey and it works well, hence why i'm hesitant to sign Gotze even on a free! Versatility does play a factor though and io can more than afford the wages etc.

Ended up signing him, he comes over in the summer. He took a pay cut of 170k a week (i upped the signing on fee), just couldn't pass up the opportunity, the rest of the season is almost an audition for the rest!

Don't touch Ozil , he is one of the top quality playmakers in the game. In my save Ozil has best average rating, even he don't had too much assist and goals, but every single match he made it a lots of key passes, with fast winger Ozil is incredable, Gotze is more looks like on the wing.

Yup, buy Gotze for free. He's a beast. He will demand high wages but has buckets of talent. You can easily resell him later for 50m-60m+