Reaction score
I had a few incredible seasons with gourcuff and at $30 million he is just about the best buy i have ever had im just wondering if anyone else has had great success with him i mainly used him as a trequartista in the AMC spot in a 4231

He is very well known, and there are quite a few threads on him already

the thing that annoys me is i just couldnt beat barca and madrid i played 5 season in that game and won 1 league tough tough gig in spain and he was just a freak really

ahh sorry Luke i didnt realise that ill look into things a bit more before posting in future

He is a very good player, but to get the best out of him you must play him in the AMC position. However I dont normally buy him as Arshavin is just as as good when playing with Arsenal.

In my A.C. Milan save, i bought him for 20M euros in 2011 january and he has made 45 goals and 29 assists in 84apps, i play him as a trequartista.

He's a beast in the game...and if your lucky and unsettle him, first season you can buy him for only £15m..had great seasons with him, his long shots are awesome

I wanna start a game now and play Arshavin and Gourcuff behind a striker in a 4-3-2-1.That'd be great! :D

I bought him in my second season for Newcastle for £11.5m (i have been taken over by a tycoon and he was transfer listed). I always play 4-2-2(wingers)-2 so played him on the right wing. Scored 4 and assisted 8. Would play him as my attacking central midfielder but Van Der Vaart was awesome last year.

i don't rate gourcuff. maybe it's the position or instructions i give him but he is very incosistent for me.

Gourcuff is good but there are several amazing young AMC players who you can get for a couple of million who become better. I prefer to buy young players for little money and develop them, its more satifying to build an amazing line-up of players that cost next to nothing :)

I wanna start a game now and play Arshavin and Gourcuff behind a striker in a 4-3-2-1.That'd be great! :D
Short post: Awesome. Good luck, although I think results are almost guarenteed with those two in your team.

How do you get the best out of him? What do you set him on to make him a quality player? I keep setting him on either supporting Advanced Playmaker or just supporting Attacking Midfielder.Keeps getting below 7.00

Yoann Gourcuff is certainly a classy player in the future of our football world, some even compared him to the legendary Zinidine Zidane and he is still in his early 20s!

I signed him in the 2nd season for £21m & he got 16goals & 16assists playing as AMC in a
4-1-3-2

Advanced Playmaker - Attack. he just bosses games, even if he doesn't get over 7 ratings often.

bump

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

hes still playin *****,why?

I have had Gourcuff at Chelsea, Man Utd and Colchester <). I found he was epic when at Man Utd and Chelsea but not as good at Colchester. He needs quality around him lol.

I always play him AMR - Advanced Playmaker - Attack. He takes my free kicks and corners. If you have him crossing to a player like Dzeko they will do amazing. Also if you have him taking corners and have someone with good long shots then if you make him cross to the edge of the box for them to volley in then Gourcuff will have around 40 assists a season!!!

i suspected this may be the reason,i have veratti taking corners and frees to dzekos head and he gets all those assists which means gourcuff s ratings are suffering,he cant even manage a 7.00 most games while verratti gets 8s and 9s.OBVIOUSLY evryone had gourcuff as their set piece taker and this is the ONLY reason he plays so well even though his current ability is a whopping 187,stupid fckn game.thanks for the input mate,this is ****** me off bigstyle,any1 else know how to play em without set pieces?24 million

Last edited: