DeathRage

Reaction score
So up until a few days ago during a conversation with weiry, I'd never even heard of Gozo and neither had he. I imagine that some people but do but for those like me, Gozo is an island a wee bit north of Malta. In fact, according to FM, the 14 teams based on the island all ply their trade in the Maltese Lower Divisions...

...until now, anyways. Gozo Football Association

Melitia Division One; The top Gozitan division, made up of eight teams. One automatic relegation spot & one promotion/relegation playoff spot.

Melitia Division Two; The second tier of Gozitan football, made up of six teams. One automatic promotion spot & one promotion/relegation playoff spot.

Plus multiple cup contests... & fictional (I think, as I can't find any information on the U21s though I know the U18s is fictional) U18s & U21s competitions.

For this DB I got rid of Liechtenstein so now all clubs formerly based in that tiny nation are fully Swiss - which means potentially taking Vaduz to Champions League glory, if you're so inclined! But yeah, and all folk of Liechtensteiner nationality are now Swiss, too.

There were already a significant amount of Maltese players based on/ born on the island, and they have all been given Gozitan nationality so whilst the national team might not be competitive, it might be a fun challenge to see if you can finish above bottom spot in the WCQ!

Should be a fun DB to play. The Gozitan clubs already had a few foreign players throughout, though I've added one or two more just to make up the numbers!

Once I've run a few seasons holiday I'll add the file here for anyone who wants it, and then when weiry has found the time to create kits/logos etc, that'll be added, too!

View attachment 181379

Last edited:
So after a rather hefty delay, the above link is live!