• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 12K

ZeCarlos

Reaction score
View attachment 296936
Mann appointed as O'Neill resigns!

View attachment 296937

Sunderland AFC have today announced that inexperienced manager Jason Mann will lead the side following Martin O'Neill's resignation.

O'Neill, formerly of Aston Villa, Celtic and Leicester, handed in his resignation to club Chairman Ellis Short following a health scare to his wife. O'Neill's wife has battled with cancer for several years - and after a fall in her health Martin O'Neill declared his resignation to look after her. Following his decision, O'Neill declared his wife was "safe and well" - although he wanted to spend some time with his family before considering his future options.

Chairman Ellis Short wished Martin and his family well - before announcing Sunderland's new manager, Jason Mann. Mann signs on a two-year-deal despite having no previous managerial experience. Former manager Martin O'Neill has, however, worked with Mann for several months now and reportedly recommended the young manager for the role.

Mann is a life-long Sunderland fan - similar to Martin O'Neill. Despite his inexperience, O'Neill stated the youngster was "in the tactical know" and hoped Mann could continue his steady progress last season. After signing a deal at the club he loves, Jason Mann had this to say: "I'm absolutely delighted to be hired. The club has had potential for many years and Martin made good progress with a young side last year. I hope to come in and add players to the squad that bring something different to the side."

The young manager has reportedly already registered an interest in Birmingham City winger Nathan Redmond and may be willing to sell Irishman James McClean to fund the move.

Last edited:
Will definitely follow this, hopefully you can get us playing better than we are in real life!

im following i just started up a Sunderland save as soon as this appeared im thinking of getting Demba Ba with his £7m release clause

Will definitely follow this, hopefully you can get us playing better than we are in real life!

Totally agree mate! Ridiculous at times this season!

im following i just started up a Sunderland save as soon as this appeared im thinking of getting Demba Ba with his £7m release clause

As a Sunderland fan I urge you not to sign Demba Ba haha! If you're after a striker look at Kweuke

View attachment 296971
Pre-Season & August 2012 Round-Up

View attachment 296972

Sunderland had a fairly easy pre-season before impressing in the first three competitive games under new manager Jason Mann. An easy 5-0 win against Scottish side Albion Rovers was followed by a 4-0 win against Edubiase as the Black Cats kicked off their three-match tour of Ghana. Wins against Hearts of Oak and Liberty rounded off the tour before Leicester City played host to Sunderland. A fairly even game ended 1-1 as Sebastian Larsson scored a magnificent free-kick to draw Sunderland level.

As the Premier League season kicked off, a Steven Fletcher double earned Sunderland all three points at home to an impressive Fulham side. The Black Cats then traveled to Goodison Park to play a strong Everton side and left with a point following a 0-0 draw. August was rounded off as Premier League side Sunderland hosted Championship team Ipswich Town. A second-string side won the game 2-0 and sent Sunderland into the 3rd Round where they host Premier League rivals Wigan Athletic.

Transfers

View attachment 296976
Brazilian wonder-kid Wellington Nem was the first signing made by manager Jason Mann as Sunderland paid Brazilian side Fluminense £3,500,000 for his services. Young Liverpool defender Danny Wilson then joined the Black Cats on a season-long loan deal. Derby midfielder Will Hughes then joined Sunderland for a fee of £4,500,000 as manager Jason Mann saw great potential in the youngster. On the final day of the season, the Black Cats secured the services of experienced Spanish striker Dani Guiza for a measly fee of £5,000. Jason Mann signed the talented marksman as cover following Fraizer Campbell's injury which rules him out until November while main Steven Fletcher struggles to shake off a niggle.

Irish winger James McClean left the Stadium of Light and joined Premier League rivals Reading FC for a fee of £7,000,000 as Jason Mann felt the Irishman's attitude meant the player was a wasted talent. Young Korean striker Ji Dong-Won joined Championship side Bolton Wanderers on a season-long loan deal. Egyptian wing-back Ahmed Elmohamady was recalled from his loan deal at Hull City in anticipation of his £3,000,000 permanent move to Premier League side Norwich City. Youngsters Blair Adams, Roarie Deacon, Liam Marrs and Ryan Noble were then all loaned out to Wrexham, Grimsby Town, York City and Portsmouth respectively.

Last edited:
Would just like to ask you guys - from now on would you rather I do an update every two months* (except for the transfer window) or would you prefer monthly updates?

*i.e: September & October, November & December, January, February & March, April & May

I would personally prefer monthly updates but I'm not really fussed, any chance of you showing your tactics in your next update?

I would personally prefer monthly updates but I'm not really fussed, any chance of you showing your tactics in your next update?

***TACTICS I'M USING***

Currently switching between three tactics:

THIS

THIS

and then a variant of the second one I've just linked where I've pushed the wingers further up the pitch and fiddled around with a few settings (although I only use this for 'easy' games because it's just a little more attacking)

Last edited:
View attachment 297004

September 2012 Round-Up

View attachment 297005

August started off with a comfortable 2-1 home win against West Bromwich Albion as Brazilian midfielder Wellington Nem grabbed a goal as well as striker Steven Fletcher. In the following game, the Black Cats traveled to Carrow Road to face Norwich City and a Steven Fletcher equaliser ensured they left with a point. In the following game, Queens Park Rangers played host to Sunderland and a late header from Spanish striker Dani Guiza handed the Black Cats all three points.

Wigan Athletic then visited the Stadium of Light and a first-half strike by Wellington Nem ensured Sunderland progressed to the 4th Round where they will host Manchester City. To end the month, league champions Manchester City visited the Stadium of Light and a well taken goal by striker Edin Dzeko meant that The Citizens picked up all three points.

Table

View attachment 297006
Two away wins as well as a home victory over West Bromwich Albion mean that the loss to Manchester City shouldn't worry the Black Cats too much as they sit a comfortable 6th early in the season.

Player of the Month: John O'Shea

View attachment 297009
Some fantastic defending from the former Manchester United centre-half has ensured that Sunderland have conceded just three league goals this month. Against Queens Park Rangers, O'Shea was particularly impressive as he put himself on the line several times to save his side and earn all three points in a key game.

Last edited:
View attachment 297111
October 2012 Round-Up

View attachment 297112

October started off with a trip to the Emirates Stadium to face a tough Arsenal side for the Black Cats. A 15th minute equaliser from the penalty spot was enough to pick up a point for Sunderland as the match ended 1-1 following Jack Colback's goal. However, following Lee Cattermole's second sending off in three appearances; manager Jason Mann fined the player two weeks wages (again) and stripped the midfielder of the captaincy. Just a day later, Cattermole was placed on the transfer list and placed into the Sunderland Reserves following a clash with manager Jason Mann. It is now expected that the former Wigan Athletic midfielder will leave the club in January.

Following the controversial game against Arsenal, the Black Cats hosted Stoke City. A superb solo goal from midfielder Stephane Sessegnon in the 54th minute won the game for the home side as the Benin international skinned past three players in the box before planting the ball into the corner of the net. A trip to Reading FC followed for Sunderland - and a reunion with former midfielder James McClean was on the cards. Two first half goals gave Sunderland the lead - before McClean was then, ironically, sent off for a second yellow. Before his sale in July, Sunderland manager Jason Mann said McClean had "serious attitude problems" and needed to be more of a team player. With the Royals down to 10 mean, the Black Cats smelt blood. Brazilian midfielder Wellington Nem rounded off the scoring as the game ended 4-1. To round off the month, Manchester City visited the Stadium of Light in the 4th Round of the Capital One Cup. An early goal from winger Sebastian Larsson ensured Sunderland's place in the Quarter Final where they will travel to Tottenham Hotspur.

Table

View attachment 297117
A draw away at Arsenal prevented the Black Cats from picking up 9 points out of 9 in October - although manager Jason Mann surely must be happy after his side finish the month in 5th place. A tough November month sees Sunderland host Liverpool and rivals Newcastle before traveling to Chelsea.

Player of the Month: Stephane Sessegnon

View attachment 297118
The talented midfielder has boosted Sunderland's hopes of a top 10 finish this season with some fine performances throughout October. The Benin international scored 3 of his sides 6 league goals this month while also winning 2 penalties.

Last edited:
Following this mate. Great start to the season for you.

View attachment 297139

November 2012 Round-Up

View attachment 297140

November started off with a goalless draw for the Black Cats as they hosted Swansea City before travelling to Upton Park to play West Ham United. A Titus Bramble header late on ensured Sunderland picked up all three points in a 2-1 win. The Black Cats then hosted high flying Liverpool and Steven Fletcher's equaliser earned Sunderland a point following a Luis Suarez opener. Jason Mann's side then traveled to Villa Park to play an attack minded Aston Villa side. Another goal from Scottish striker Steven Fletcher helped his side earn all three points.

Next up for the Black Cats was a match against biggest rivals Newcastle United. A Stephane Sessegnon goal within 20 seconds earned Sunderland the win in a fierce game - with the Black Cats' mood dampened as following his goal, Sessegnon had to be stretchered off and has been ruled out of action for four months. To round off the month, high flying Sunderland visited giants Chelsea. A first half penalty from Frank Lampard gave Chelsea the lead - before two second half goals from midfielder Will Hughes and striker Steven Fletcher meant the Black Cats picked up a vital three points at the top of the table.

In other news, Derby County have agreed a £4,000,000 deal for Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole. The former captain is allowed to leave the club in January following a falling out with manager Jason Mann.

Table

View attachment 297141
A vital win over rivals Chelsea mean North-East club Sunderland AFC currently ride high in the Premier League in 2nd place. However; Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool all have at least one game in hand which could potentially drop the Black Cats down to 7th. A tough December lies ahead for Sunderland as they host top of the table Manchester United before travelling to Tottenham.

Player of the Month: Steven Fletcher

View attachment 297142
The Scottish striker had scored some vital goals for his side as they sit a pretty 2nd in the Premier League. The former Wolverhampton Wanderers player is currently 2nd in the goal-scoring chart on 8 goals - three behind leader Olivier Giroud of Arsenal.

Last edited:
Anything else you would like to see?

Also, is there any players you would like me to take a look at? Even if I don't sign them right now or can't afford them, I may sign them in the future? Would love to keep you guys involved!

*And in real life Martin O'neill is under increasing pressure to replicate the successful start of ZeCarlos's FM story* ^^)

Back