GRANDE FLAT 442 - The Better Half´s Final Sets

@TBH...have i missed something? i take it these are different from grande wide?

@TBH...have i missed something? i take it these are different from grande wide?
Well, as the threadtitle suggests, its a set using a flat 442 formation

TheBetterHalf Which set of tactics you prefer to play 442 or 41221?

I enjoy them both. Sometimes I want to use 2 forwards and sometimes 3 central mids.If I had to use only one set for the rest of my life, then it would probably a Wide 4231.

looks very good thanksmaybe i try this tactic thanks if you finish season 1 pls add
I will probably not complete that first season

Well, as the threadtitle suggests, its a set using a flat 442 formation

cool, will prob give these a shot with another save, another time...getting my nantes team sorted...done loads of scouting, bought in a few, and got a few good potential regens in...a good season could be in the offing.

I enjoy them both. Sometimes I want to use 2 forwards and sometimes 3 central mids.If I had to use only one set for the rest of my life, then it would probably a Wide 4231.

I will probably not complete that first season

cool, will prob give these a shot with another save, another time...getting my nantes team sorted...done loads of scouting, bought in a few, and got a few good potential regens in...a good season could be in the offing.

Good choice. If being able to use this set, I think that you should stick to the 41221 and learn more about the version picking first as this one is harder

Good choice. If being able to use this set, I think that you should stick to the 41221 and learn more about the version picking first as this one is harder

will do...ive downloaded these sets, with player atts, but will concentrate on my nantes save for now...will keep you informed of results on the other thread.

Anyone else tried this out. Remember that what I am looking for is perhaps not feedback on the results as such - although thats great as weel - but more contructive critisim on the set as a whole. In short, is it working out out for you as a manager, does the version picking makes sense ?

Cheers

thebetterhalf, does is this version still work in Fm 12 ?

Oh yes, very much so

have a look at this post

West-Bromwich-Albion-icon.png

West Bromwich Albion - 2011/2012 Season so far

Wouldn't mind sharing with you my West Bromwich Albion game which I've been getting into lately purely for the fact that it's one of the weirdest games I've had yet in this version.
I started it in the demo and only played like six games, but I got back into it a couple of days ago when I was looking at it and thinking; "hey, I've got a pretty good set up here, why did I not carry this game on?"

So here I am. :D

Now, what makes this game oh so very weird is the table. Have a look at this:

711ed6348dcdb2f005cf9039c7bb9a79.png

What you may notice is that yes, we are top by a long shot. 7 points clear of Fulham (!) and 8 of United and Spurs and 12 of Citeh.
My only losses have come to the obvious of Citeh and United. United's game being a 7 goal thriller and Citeh's being a 2-1 defeat which we really should've been battered in.
Fulham have been marvelous. Very consistent and absolutely dominating in the Europa League, winning 5 of their 6 games not conceding a single goal.
They play Paris Saint-Germain in the first knockout stages so their run of form in the league could collapse if they lose against them.

Back to us and we've been pretty consistent too. We're currently unbeaten in 10 games and have the best offense and defence in the league.
One thing that is starting to worry me is injuries. Four first teamers are out and I even resorted to signing Fraizer Campbell as an emergency loanee for the rest of the season.

But overall, I'm incredibly surprised with how the team have blended in perfectly and the amount of times I've seen us hold onto a win or draw against the bigger sides has been surprisingly great.

Finally I'll add a couple of screenshots to finish things off. These will be links instead of images because well.. it's sorta better that way with the amount of screenshots in this section.

Transfers
Olsson was 5M upfront and the rest in 48 monthly installments. We got an extra £11M in January which I used to sign Leandro and Campbell.
We're also signing Carlos Fierro, Jack Butland, Muhammad Dermirci and hopefully Ben Foster in the summer.

Leandro's Debut
Yep. Absolutely stunning.

Game against United
Berbatov in this game is immense. Every time the ball got to his feet, he turned past every player in his way and scored.

Game against Arsenal
Bastards had the nerve of sending a reserve side against us and we absolutely annihilated them.

Player of the season so far - Jonas Olsson
Just look at that average rating. :drool: Not only rock at the back, but he's scored 14 goals and been man of the match 8 times.
Not all of his goals are from corners either. Even with a long shots rating of 3 he managed to score a thunderbolt against Arsenal in the above game.

Oh by the way, my tactics were a set of tactics by TheBetterHalf from last year's version. At the time there weren't really any tactics around so I put those in, tweaked the standard, cautious and attacking versions and implemented them into the team and made my signings based around those tactics.

Indeed. Have a look at this user with 12.1.1

West-Bromwich-Albion-icon.png

West Bromwich Albion - 2011/2012 Season Review

First off, the Premier League where we won and in style too! 14 points above Citeh, most goals scored, least goals conceded..all in all one of the best seasons I've ever played.
7bdedff35df4b64319189f6e7a08d4f5.png

The reason to our success? Consistency. All the way through the season we kept on winning and winning and our morale was never hindered by losses (only three, which is quite something)
For example:
ec0cbd725c7c8db27ed285f2136a0299.png

When we lost to Man United away, we bounced back with an astounding 6-0 win against Blackpool in the cup and went on a 10 game unbeaten streak (we were unbeaten in 10 before losing to United too).

Cups

1fa74b48a7c6f4e1e85cda4788b9dd36.png

24 goals, 1 conceded. Not bad for a Mickey Mouse cup is it? I took these cup games seriously because at the time of the quarter final, I wasn't sure if we were going to win the league because of Fulham and United being up our arses up until January.

85a9878ed54db5a4333aa8229138a6cc.png

Another great cup run, where in the Hull game, Tshabalala scored 2 goals and assisted 2 after coming off the bench.
The final was a very, very lucky one. We got absolutely dominated by possession and only had 2 shots on target. Still we won with a goal in the 9th minute by Odemwingie.

Players of the season:

3: Ben Foster

4399ec4c2ab7062e0abc18fb3bd35439.png

Foster was an awesome goalkeeper for us. It's not normal for me to have a consistent goalkeeper but Foster was what I believe to be consistent. He's only on loan from Birmingham but I am very confident in getting him on a permanent deal. How much? I don't know. But 19 clean sheets, a golden glove award and great consistency is making me think that even £10M is worth it for him.

2: Chris Brunt

976b0bac89f74ead00650357601d8c8f.png

Despite his average rating which is much lower than some of the other players, Brunt was a mainstay in the first team because after a bollocking when he was playing **** for a few games he started banging assists from everywhere. He also provided great cover in positions when players like Dorrans and Tchoyi were injured and even covered as a central midfielder a few times when Muamba was banned for disciplinary. I'll probably reward Brunt a new contract as he has two years left.

1: Jonas Olsson

846e0d0efc4ed51918ad3301d9f122c8

Captain Fantastico. One of the best central defenders I've ever had in any team. That's all I've got to say really. If I can sign Kyriakos Papadopalous next season then it's going to be scary how good these two will be in the league.

Overall squad statistics

Awards

Will keep this brief as I feel I'm rambling a bit too much:

Golden Gloves Winner: Ben Foster :)drool: )

Manger of the Year

Player's Team of the Year

Future Plans:

Stadium Expansion :drool:

Facilities Upgrade :drool:

I will also completely overhaul the squad in the next transfer window in time for the season. The squad is simply not good enough as we have very little players and the backups are simply ****.

Who I will sign? I don't know, but with the added leagues, I will have a good idea who I will want to and be able to sign very soon.

aaaand that's it for now unless I've forgotten something. :)

look great!!!
can you tell me what OI with important match?
sorry my english is very bad :">

look great!!!
can you tell me what OI with important match?
sorry my english is very bad :">

OIs cant be used like that, Ity depends on the AI player and YOUR player. Even if player X should be closed down all the times and tightly marked, maybe he has 20 in flair and your player has 10 in anticiparion. Then he will beat him ( almot)every single time