Grant impressed by Parker spirit

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham boss Avram Grant hails Scott Parker after the midfielder defies injury to help the Hammers beat Liverpool 3-1 at Upton Park.

More...

Parker is a god. If anyone's going to keep West Ham up single-handedly, it's him.

Fella's a legend.

In my opinion, could play for anyone in the league.

Our talisman. Also think that a certain Mr. Carraher will be waking up in a cold sweat tonight after the mauling he got from Demba Ba.

The best central midfielder this season without a shadow of a doubt.

great player. there is going to be major interest from the big clubs in the summer

If only he was 3 years younger, he'd probably get a crack at the big time again. But he's in his 30's I believe now so I don't think any of the European sides will take him on - although I certainly wouldn't complain if Fergie signed him.

One of the most passionate footballers in World Football and fully deserves any success he gets.

I hope he signs a life contract for the Hammers rather than moves somewhere else, he's an absolute legend for how dedicated he's been to the club, it could have been easy for him to do a Torres and jump ship as times got hard. But he's simply class. (Didn't mean to start an argument with the Torres quote, so don't quote me about it :))

Great player, model professional..words cannot describe how great he's played this season.

If he was anchoring Liverpool's midfield just behind Gerrard and Meirles then i reckon LFC would be on par with Manchester United, Barcalona and the Milans.

I hope he signs a life contract for the Hammers rather than moves somewhere else, he's an absolute legend for how dedicated he's been to the club, it could have been easy for him to do a Torres and jump ship as times got hard. But he's simply class. (Didn't mean to start an argument with the Torres quote, so don't quote me about it :))

Hope he stays, but if spurs come in with a mega offer, he is a spurs fan, however he is abit old, and i can't see the yids going higher than about 10 million for him, so he will probably be staying! :D

Hope he stays, but if spurs come in with a mega offer, he is a spurs fan, however he is abit old, and i can't see the yids going higher than about 10 million for him, so he will probably be staying! :D

But Spurs never buy Midfielders?! :O

/sarcasm