mld81

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a new tower, nothing fancy so was wondering if the following is ok to play fm on:

Processor
  • Intel Pentium Dual Core G640 CPU 2.8GHz
  • Cache: 3MB
Memory
  • 6GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz
  • Supports up to 16GB
  • 2 x DIMM sockets
Hard Drive
  • 500GB SATA HDD
Chipset
  • Intel H61 Express
Graphics
  • On-board integrated Intel graphics
Audio
  • High Definition Audio, 5.1 channel

My concern is the graphics card but I do not play the game in 3d so would this spec be sufficient?

Id stay away from onboard graphics if i were you unless the m board has a pci slot you can grab a 1 gig card for £50 ish my tower is one of those stupid mini towers and had to get a low profile card for mine,prior to that i had onboard and it ran fm fine np but just dont even think about watching a game :D

just dont even think about watching a game
g.gif

I've got an integrated graphics card on laptop and watch matches in 3d without a problem-and it's with a 1.98ghz Intel Celeron processor too

Thanks for the feedback people, my knowledge of pc's is pretty good but just not with an integrated graphics card lol Like I said, I do not watch matches in 3d, I am old school and watch commentry only so I am guessing the integrated graphics card should be fine. It has a couple of spare pci slots for upgrade so will probably take Raikan's advice and look at such graphic cards :) Problem is I will probably have to upgrade the psu as well if I do that, ah the joys of more cost.