Graphics Card

A* Manager

Reaction score
Right,
so basically,after months of not playing FM due to a lack of a computer/laptop but I have now borrowed a computer off my Uncle so obviously the first thing I did was to install FM.However,I cannot load up the game due to the graphics card not being good enough,so I am currently in the hunt for a graphics card,the trouble is,I don't have a clue about them so I am not sure whether I am being ripped off or not with the price or if the card will be good enough.

As I only want this to play FM , I don't want the best one ever at like £500 but I still want one what will do the job , what do you guys recommend?
(The maximum I am willing to pay is £30-ish)​

Thanks guys :)

what are the full specs of the computer. That will determine what kind of card you can get

If you are paying 500 for a video card you'll seriously get on of the best cards! :D NVIDIA GTX 560 sounds good for your needs.

Edit: Didn't see you only wanted to pay 30 for a card. Good luck on finding a card then, because there is no cards for extremely stringy people here in the world. (H)

Here is a card for 170 euro http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1460-KR&family=GeForce 500 Series Family&uc=EUR

Here is the older version of that card for 130 euro. F*cking cheap! http://eu.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=01G-P3-1366-ET&family=GeForce 400 Series Family&uc=EUR

Last edited:
Right,I have decided to buy a laptop BUT I want to know first if it will be good enough to play FM quickly with the 3D Match View,and generally be a fast laptop.

This is the one I am going to get but I don't really understand on what everything means , if somebody could give me an opinion on it that would be very helpful.
(P.S , I know I could get better ones but I don't have that much money so I went for a cheaper one.)
SAMSUNG NP-S3510-A01UK 15.6" Dual Core Laptop - Black buy online | Currys

Right,I have decided to buy a laptop BUT I want to know first if it will be good enough to play FM quickly with the 3D Match View,and generally be a fast laptop.

This is the one I am going to get but I don't really understand on what everything means , if somebody could give me an opinion on it that would be very helpful.
(P.S , I know I could get better ones but I don't have that much money so I went for a cheaper one.)
SAMSUNG NP-S3510-A01UK 15.6" Dual Core Laptop - Black buy online | Currys

Intel GMA isnt going to be able to run FM in 3d. Also try look for at least 4gb ram and intel core i3 processer as its much better than dual core which will result in faster speeds. For 3d graphics you really need a dedicated card like nVidia or ATI. Make sure it says dedicated card and not integrated. Not sure if theres anything like that in your price range as im not from the UK

Okay,thanks,do you think this will be good enough?
(Forget the speakers bit)
SAMSUNG NP-S3510-A03UK 15.6" Laptop - Black/Silver + LS11 2.0 PC Speakers buy online | Currys

The ram is good but I still think that Pentium isnt as good as Core processor. Also Intel GMA/HD cards arent really good enough for 3d gaming not even for FM. Maybe you should drop into your store and see if they have any specials. Stores sometimes do and there not displayed on the website. I got my Laptop for 40% off simply because it was a display model. And if your unsure ask the staff, they can help you pick out something for your needs. Say you want something that can handle casual gaming. Couldnt see anything with a decent graphics card on that website so ask in store :)