stevee10001

Reaction score
Im trying to find a laptop that is going to run fm11 with alot of leagues and full 3d matches but im having trouble finding a decent comparison guide for graphics cards to find out if the laptops that i am looking at have a lower or higher spec graphics card that the one's stated on the back of the fm 11 box at atm im looking at 2 laptops with

ATI® Radeon™ HD4250
- up to 1408MB of shared video memory

and

Intel HD Graphics
- up to 1274 MB total available graphics memory

would really like to know if these are better or worse that the recommended ones thanks

i know im gonna sound like a *** but whats the gpu on a spec sheet...

What is your budget/where are you from? Perhaps someone could give you some recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it.

As for graphics cards, generally, don't bother with Intel graphics as they are really only capable of light gaming/HD movies, and may struggle with FM. The most important thing (but not all important) is the CPU and the amount of RAM.

i know im gonna sound like a *** but whats the gpu on a spec sheet...

GPU is the Graphics Processing Unit, what you're calling the graphics card. Most laptops tend not to have a dedicated card, just an integrated chip.

What is your budget/where are you from? Perhaps someone could give you some recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it.

As for graphics cards, generally, don't bother with Intel graphics as they are really only capable of light gaming/HD movies, and may struggle with FM. The most important thing (but not all important) is the CPU and the amount of RAM.

Im looking at spending £450 maximum and im from england chester (near manchester kind of)

right thanks for all your help guys keep it coming ;)

For less than £500, unless you pick up a refurb or a second hand model, it's unlikely you will find a laptop with a dedicated graphics card unless you get lucky in a sale.

My ropey old laptop cost AUS $300 when i bought it during year in Australia, its got integrated graphics, but runs FM's 3d match engine to a level i find acceptable. Unless i am using other memory/graphics intensive applications when playing FM then there is no lag and the detail is pretty good.