Martino

Reaction score
Okay, so I havent had a lot of time to play FM this year, but I'm having a lot of fun with this tactic. I'm not saying it's the best tactic resultwise but I still manage to lead the league with a team consisting most of homegrown players(I love to develop talent and then sell them on - my hometown club AaB is perfect for that - an Ajax light you could say).

This tactic is yielding a kind of weird formation, but it does make sense ;) It's ultra fast possesion, with goals coming from different types of build up.

Here's the formation.
View attachment 54917
Here's the TI's
View attachment 54916
And my current league position(eventhough I've been tweaking - and twerking during the season)
View attachment 54913

So what type of players do you need you ask? Well the need to have alot of technical gifts - first touch, passing, vision, decisions and so on.

Sweeper GK(ATT) - I have him to distribute to the left inverted wingback. It seems to work best for me at least.

Inv wingback(DEF) - Have a rather fast player with good heading stats to play here. I re-trained a good ballwinning midfielder to play here, with a lot of succes, but have also tried an ultra fast right wingback type so that he is invert footed(dont think it's vital, but seems to work nice with the invert foot). PPMs Takes ball out of defense or runs with ball actually works very well with this role

Ballplaying defender(cover) - He needs to be very fast, and good defensive stats as well. A good passer of the ball is always nice, since it's a possesion tactic. PPMs Switches ball to opposite flank

Ballplaying defender(stopper) - A more no-nonsense type of defender here, but still with some technical stats above average. PPMs Marks opponent tightly

Halfback(def) - He is set to man mark STRC so he helps out defensively if the opposition plays with two up front. Find a good Busquets type of midfielder here and you'll be fine. Currently I'm using a midfielder with 4 in heading, and he still plays very well here, so different types of players can work here. PPMs Stays back at all time. Swithces ball to opposite flank. Tries long range passes.

Deep Lying midfielder(defend) Another holding midfielder who needs to be a good passer of the ball and retain possesion. PPMs dictates tempo. Tries killerball often. Shoots from long range. This role can be changed to support as well, if you're a clean favourite or want a little more offensive output.

Wide Midfielder(support) Well this player doesnt shine too much in the tactic, but tried different tweaks and still ended up with this role. Think it comes down to the player. I tend to use a wingback type here, but maybe wide playmaker type of players could work as well. PPMs Runs into channels. Likes one-twos. Gets forward whenever possible. Hits early crosses. Look for pass instead of shot

Attacking playmaker(support) - Just use a good playmaker type with high vision stats and a decent work rate/tackling. PPMs Tries killerball often. Arrives late into area. Look for pass instead of shot. Dictates tempo.

Trequartista(att) I like a player with alot of flair, dribbling and finishing. Think Messi ;) PPMs Places shots. Runs wide with ball. Moves into channels

Wide Targetman(att) I settled on this role because I used it last year with great succes in my WideTargetKillsIt tactic. Again his main objective is to run into channels so have a pacey player with good of the ball stats. Heading is good too but I dont find it that vital to be honest. PPMs Runs into channels. Shoots with power.

Defensive Forward(support) This role can be changed to advanced forward or complete forward but boy do I like the defensive forward role. Have a paced player here as well. PPMs Runs often with ball. Shoots with power maybe runs into channels.

TRAINING - I mostly use ball control and offensive movements and I set individual training but I change the roles I train the players in, depending on which stats are lacking but I'm a fan of ball playing defender, halfback, roaming playmaker, trequartista and complete forward ;)

HAVE FUN :)
Graungaard Tika Taka10

Last edited:
Okay, so I havent had a lot of time to play FM this year, but I'm having a lot of fun with this tactic. I'm not saying it's the best tactic resultwise but I still manage to lead the league with a team consisting most of homegrown players(I love to develop talent and then sell them on - my hometown club AaB is perfect for that - an Ajax light you could say).

This tactic is yielding a kind of weird formation, but it does make sense ;) It's ultra fast possesion, with goals coming from different types of build up.

Here's the formation.
View attachment 1159673
Here's the TI's
View attachment 1159674
And my current league position(eventhough I've been tweaking - and twerking during the season)
View attachment 1159677

So what type of players do you need you ask? Well the need to have alot of technical gifts - first touch, passing, vision, decisions and so on.

Sweeper GK(ATT) - I have him to distribute to the left inverted wingback. It seems to work best for me at least.

Inv wingback(DEF) - Have a rather fast player with good heading stats to play here. I re-trained a good ballwinning midfielder to play here, with a lot of succes, but have also tried an ultra fast right wingback type so that he is invert footed(dont think it's vital, but seems to work nice with the invert foot). PPMs Takes ball out of defense or runs with ball actually works very well with this role

Ballplaying defender(cover) - He needs to be very fast, and good defensive stats as well. A good passer of the ball is always nice, since it's a possesion tactic. PPMs Switches ball to opposite flank

Ballplaying defender(stopper) - A more no-nonsense type of defender here, but still with some technical stats above average. PPMs Marks opponent tightly

Halfback(def) - He is set to man mark STRC so he helps out defensively if the opposition plays with two up front. Find a good Busquets type of midfielder here and you'll be fine. Currently I'm using a midfielder with 4 in heading, and he still plays very well here, so different types of players can work here. PPMs Stays back at all time. Swithces ball to opposite flank. Tries long range passes.

Deep Lying midfielder(defend) Another holding midfielder who needs to be a good passer of the ball and retain possesion. PPMs dictates tempo. Tries killerball often. Shoots from long range. This role can be changed to support as well, if you're a clean favourite or want a little more offensive output.

Wide Midfielder(support) Well this player doesnt shine too much in the tactic, but tried different tweaks and still ended up with this role. Think it comes down to the player. I tend to use a wingback type here, but maybe wide playmaker type of players could work as well. PPMs Runs into channels. Likes one-twos. Gets forward whenever possible. Hits early crosses. Look for pass instead of shot

Attacking playmaker(support) - Just use a good playmaker type with high vision stats and a decent work rate/tackling. PPMs Tries killerball often. Arrives late into area. Look for pass instead of shot. Dictates tempo.

Trequartista(att) I like a player with alot of flair, dribbling and finishing. Think Messi ;) PPMs Places shots. Runs wide with ball. Moves into channels

Wide Targetman(att) I settled on this role because I used it last year with great succes in my WideTargetKillsIt tactic. Again his main objective is to run into channels so have a pacey player with good of the ball stats. Heading is good too but I dont find it that vital to be honest. PPMs Runs into channels. Shoots with power.

Defensive Forward(support) This role can be changed to advanced forward or complete forward but boy do I like the defensive forward role. Have a paced player here as well. PPMs Runs often with ball. Shoots with power maybe runs into channels.

TRAINING - I mostly use ball control and offensive movements and I set individual training but I change the roles I train the players in, depending on which stats are lacking but I'm a fan of ball playing defender, halfback, roaming playmaker, trequartista and complete forward ;)

HAVE FUN :)
Graungaard Tika Taka10

Any O'Is?

Are you still using this? Im gonna try it in Allsvenskan, in my second season. First season we finished 6th. It reminds me about the old catenaccio system. :)