David FMer

Reaction score
I'm doing really well using this tactic at home, I use pretty much the same instructions but switch between control and standard depending on the quality of opponent. However away from home I tend to really struggle, can anyone recommend anything to change away from home to hopefully improve my fortunes?

View attachment 43205

If it were me I might even go to Counter, and dial back some of the Attack duties, as a simple fix.

Otherwise, it would depend on the odds for the game, if I am Favourite probably Counter as they will be dug in a bit, if they are clear favourites then a bit more aggressive.

Difficult to analyse without seeing the full stats

Just revisited your screenshot and it is pretty similar/almost exactly what I do at AC Milan. I have a DLP-D in the DM slot, and usually AP-S in MC strata as well. I use a Mez when I want to press forward, but switch that role to BBM when I want a bit more defensive responsibility, Mez-S when I am unsure/in between. I also pull both FBs to support to start with, releasing them on Attack if I feel I need a bit extra.

Mentality/Shape would be something along the lines of : Counter/Flexible - Standard/ Fluid or Flexible - Control/Fluid depending on the opponent and the way the match plays out.

I also have Cutrone as a striker (not first choice yet) and usually play him as an AF or a CF - as a DLF I wonder if there is anyone far enough forward for the winger to cross to?

Just revisited your screenshot and it is pretty similar/almost exactly what I do at AC Milan. I have a DLP-D in the DM slot, and usually AP-S in MC strata as well. I use a Mez when I want to press forward, but switch that role to BBM when I want a bit more defensive responsibility, Mez-S when I am unsure/in between. I also pull both FBs to support to start with, releasing them on Attack if I feel I need a bit extra.

Mentality/Shape would be something along the lines of : Counter/Flexible - Standard/ Fluid or Flexible - Control/Fluid depending on the opponent and the way the match plays out.

I also have Cutrone as a striker (not first choice yet) and usually play him as an AF or a CF - as a DLF I wonder if there is anyone far enough forward for the winger to cross to?

Cheers, I'll have a look at implementing some of those changes in the roles to see how it works out for me. DLF tends to work fine for me so far Cutrone seems to get on the end of plenty of crosses, that's not to say CF wouldn't work better I just never changed the role from when I had less well rounded strikers in my team (Slimani/Joselu etc)