Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
i just got the job of under 23 manager for the Olympics and im wondering what is the best formation and tactics for that team.

Reaction score
I won it with a balanced 442 control with Bale AML and Wilshire on the right as inside forward. Plus Walcott/Rooney poacher/advanced forward. Ramsey/Rodwell cm support/bwm.

Reaction score
I used a 4-2-2-2, balanced, control & walked it with this starting line up

Hart
Walker Smalling Jones Baines
Rodwell Wilshere
Walcott Bale
Welbeck Rooney

Scored 30 conceded just 3 (all in the final against Brazil). Welbeck finished top scorer with 10

Dunno why I took Rooney tho, always moaned in team talks so ended up dropping him for the final 2 games & used Sturridge

Reaction score
I won it with very aggresive 4-2-4. Up front I had Rooney + wellbeck. On the wings there were a lot of rotation : Sturridge, Johnson, Walcott, Ox. In the midfield I had Ball winning cm(Rodwell) and an advanced playmaker (used Delph, Wilshere, Lansbury)