GREAT ESCAPE ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!!!!

shahbasir

Reaction score
Hello to all FM base members.8-|.My name is Shah and I from Malaysia.I want to post about my new save game and this time I have choose West Bromwich Albion.I started a game in November 2011 because I want to pick a bottom team in the English Premier League and then try to survive from relegation.It will be huge challenge and I hope anybody here can give a some comment,critics,tips and motivation for me.
View attachment 261315
ROY HODGSON GET SACKED!!!West Bromwich Albion have sacked their respected manager,Roy Hodgson after disappointing start of the season. The Hawthorns only won one game in twelve match and currently sit at the bottom of English Premier League,with only five points. Former Aston Villa manager,Martin O’Neill is the early favourites to replace Hodgson ahead of the likes of Rafael Benitez and Alan Shearer. WEST BROM REVEAL THEIR NEW MANAGERWBA chairman,Jeremy Peace have confirmed former Malaysian international player,Shahidul Basir will be their new manager to replace Roy Hodgson. Shahidul,30,joined a club where he joined for two seasons before his career end because knee injury. ‘We really think Shahidul are the suitable man for this job.Eventhough he is lack of experience,I believe he have what it takes to bring this club out of relegation zone,’.said Peace. Many fans are really surprised of his appointment and hope the chairman have made a right choice.
SHAHIDULBASIR INFO View attachment 261316
-Born in Malaysia,21 December 1980-Started his career with Negeri Sembilan in 1998 before move to France in 2000 to play for Saint Ettiene.He played 32 matched in two seasons and then joined Belgium club,Anderlecht with a fee 250,000 pound in 2002.-In January 2005,Bryan Robson bought him to WBA and are a part of the team that made a great Escape,avoiding relegation at the last day of 04/05 season.-He retired in July 2007 after suffered a serious knee injuries.
THE MISSION IS BEGIN!!!
24 nov 2011
After attend a press conference about my appointment as a new WBA manager,I really eager to meet all my boys and want to know why they have been disappointing in this season.With the players like Ben Foster,Peter Odewingie,Chris Brunt and James Morrison,I think the bottom place of Premier League cannot be accepted.
View attachment 261318 View attachment 261329View attachment 261330
Now,i with all my staff and players in seat meeting room.I introduce myself and then talked clearly about our mission and what i want from them.A lot of them look steady and pay attention to what i explained to them.I decided to retain Jonas Olsson as a team captain because he is most influential player in our team and the best performer.
View attachment 261331

Foster is the best goalkeeper in our team,ahead of Marton Fulop.He only made clean sheets in 11 match so far bit i think we cannot blamed him too much.Jonas is our team leader and i will be rely on him to improved our defend.He is good in the air and a consistent performer but a speedy striker always beat him because he is not so fast.Gabriel Tamas is second best CB in the team followed by young Chris Dawson and two veteran,Paul Scharner and Gareth McAuley.Gonzalo Jara is the best RB while Nicky Shorey at the left.
View attachment 261332
MIDFIELDER
Yossuf Mulumbu(H) are the best defensive midfielder in the team and i will pray that he will be fit until the end of season.Scharner and Steven Reid also can play in his role and central(Graham Dorrans,John Morrison too).I will play 4-5-1 to this team and i really hope Chris Brunt can give his best game as a right winger.I also impressed because this team has a lot of attacking midfielder minded like Dorrans,Morrison,Jerome Thomas,Somen Tchoyi and Zoltan Gera.
View attachment 261333
ATTACK
Shane Long just scored three goals so far after his 4.5 million move to Baggies this summer.But i really suprised that our top striker,Peter OdemwingieoO) only managed to score one goal this season after bagged 15 goal in the last campaign.I dont know what in his mind and if he can back to his form,my job will become easier.Simon *** not scored yet and I have decided to bring back two striker that have been played in reserved-Marc Antoine Fortune and Roman Bednar.And i wonder if young New Zealand striker,Chris Wood is ready for Premier League??

Last edited:
thanks mate.I will give him some chance but I also thinking to loan him in january.i believe he will performed well at Championship.By the way,can you suggest a cheap good centre midfielder for my squad??

erm!!!!!! joe allen,d'alessandro,leon britton,hassan yebda,scott brown,keith andrews,robert koren,steve sidwell,esteban granero and finally miralem sulejmani these are all brilliant for me i think your best bet is the ones in red
hope this helps