Liverpool 70's/80's, our history is so unique, built by legendary men like Shanks and Paisley.

but rangers are in a non-competitive league mate...if rangers were at the EPL the will strugllibg for a ticket to europe if not worse...

Since the change of the league format, it has generally been less competitive, but in the past you have had Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers, all challenging for the title. Hopefully Hearts can break the Old Firm this season, and stop the dominance.

The money in Scottish football is rubbish, so teams can't afford to bring in top class players, but if they were in England, Rangers and Celtic would get 50-60 thousand every week, and get good prize money and TV money, so could afford top class players, and their wages.

EDIT -
Newcastle, unfortunately nothing major in many years, but here's the history we have.

First Division Titles - 4
FA Cup Winners - 6
League Cup - 1
Community Shield - 1
Fairs Cup - 1

Last edited:
but rangers are in a non-competitive league mate...if rangers were at the EPL the will strugllibg for a ticket to europe if not worse...

Yeah cause the EPL hasn't been dominated by Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in recent years oO)

If Celtic and Rangers were in the EPL they would be competing for European places year in year out.

Sorry off topic - Celtic in the 60's and early 70's were awesome

they do??????

To be fair, yes their history is quite decorated. They've won 9 league titles, half of what we have won, but still very impressive, they also had the highest ever scorer in the league - Dixie Dean.

Liverpool 70's/80's, our history is so unique, built by legendary men like Shanks and Paisley.

yeah, nothings in the 50's, biggest club in the world thereafter.
I'd probably agree Liverpool are the most interesting!

If Celtic and Rangers were in the EPL they would be competing for European places year in year out.

I'm pretty sure they'd be bottom half. Their players are not top 7 standard in the Premier League.

Blackpool in the 40's and 50's is another one, with one of the finest players in the game's history playing for them.

To be fair, yes their history is quite decorated. They've won 9 league titles, half of what we have won, but still very impressive, they also had the highest ever scorer in the league - Dixie Dean.

The same Dixie Dean who played alongside my great grandfather. ^^)

I'm pretty sure they'd be bottom half. Their players are not top 7 standard in the Premier League.

The money they would get paid, such as TV money, Sponsorship, Increased attendances and more prize money would be a lot higher than what they get in the SPL now, meaning they would be able to afford better players, and could challenge for Europe.

Could I include the Hungarian Golden Team in early 50's made early form of Total football thats worth a mention

Could I include the Hungarian Golden Team in early 50's made early form of Total football thats worth a mention

More specifically Budapest Honved who included most of the Mighty Magyars.

They used to have quite a decent handball team too. XD

Benfica golden years 60-70. 8 league wins, 3 cups and 2 champions cups. Benfica silver years 70-80. 5 league wins, 2 cups. In the Benfica Silver era Ajax was the dominant force in the world with Johan Cruijff as the best player in the world in those days. Johan transfered to Barcelona when they were in deep trouble and introduced total football to Barcelona. Johan Cruijff is the most influential player and coach for Barcelona ever since they still use the same mentality on the pitch as they did when Johan came in.

Last edited:
More specifically Budapest Honved who included most of the Mighty Magyars.

They used to have quite a decent handball team too. XD

Reading inverting the pyramid and The Golden team tactics look mad no wonder they beat england 6-3 then again 7-1