Torquay_93

Reaction score
Just started my FM10 campaign as Torquay United in League 2 I did pretty well with them in FM09 and just wondering if anyone knows any;
+ Cheap Wonderkids
+ Good loan players
+ Decent free transfers
+ Or just any other decent bargain players

They need to be pretty cheap though as Torquay only have a transfer budget of £18k and a wage budget of £22k.

Also does anyone know how to change database size because mines stuck on small and it ain't letting me find all the decent obscure players. My computer is definetly powerful enough to go higher although the memory is almost full.

THX in advance. :)

Last edited:
I'm into my second season with Rotheram (got promoted to league 1 unbeaten in first) and would highly reccomend loaning the following:

Ashley Chambers - FC(Leicester youngster) scored 28 goals for me in all comp. Also scored 20 in league 1 so far
Ben Mee - DC (Man City youngster) avg. 7.07 as a CB, very solid
Keith Treacy - AML (blackburn) 18 assists, although only accepted my 3rd loan offer.
Also handy on free's were Godwin Anti (DRC), Zoumana Bakayoko (DL/ML/AML)

u will have to start the file again to change the db size. i would ignore the star rating the game gives you for pc performance. i have put 3gb of ram into an otherwise very basic laptop and loaded a large db with all the players from s.america and uk/ireland and a few other countries too. the game rates my laptop as 0.5 stars out of 5 for performance on this db, but it runs smoothly and very quick, much faster than the same laptop ran a similar sized db on fm09. and if your memory is almost full then deleting some unnenesscary **** will help to speed up the game, maybe just defragment your hard disk.

as for game help. i havent had the game long, so have been playing as bigger teams to get used to the tactics and general feel of the game etc. i only start the real challenge of lower league management after the january transfer window patch.

im going by my most succesful lower league game from fm09 for tips, which was cultural leonesa in spain. so sorry if the advice is dated and the players are rubbish/dont exist!

alejandro rocamora
nenad stjepic
matej rapnik
gary deegen (maybe deegan. irish, plays for bohemians i think)

hopefully those 4 should be free/cheap and all can be fantastic lower league players and improve enough to go up the leagues with you.

also try looking for fully capped youngsters of smaller/less succesful nations. particularly eastern europe, ie slovenia, slovakia etc. young players with full caps from lesser footballing nations are a great find for a lower league team.

if you have enough computing power i would advise loading players from australia as there are some real bargains in the A-league, work permits can be dodgy though. the same goes for loading players from south america. div 2/3 players from argentina and brazil with eu passports are great finds and easy to make a filter in the player search.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

just remembered michael potts from blackburn can be a true lower league hero

Ok cheers both of you for that i'll have to restart my game (didn't get far anyway) to get a bigger DB size and cheers for the listed players will have to check them out later.

Much appreciated THX. :D

i've said this before and i'll say it again
Adam le Fondre

akpo sodje sheff wed on loan got 9 goals in 13 appearances in my rotherham team and 5 assits
i also have darron gibson and ritchie de laet from man united there a deffo!!
Gael Kakuta from chelsea to (spelling) he got 9 goals in 11 with 4 assits playing in attk - mid
jay emanuel thomas on loan from arsenal
they are all loan players btw goodluck

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

roonaldo im rotherham and le fondre is doing **** on my game 15 appearances 4 goals lol no where near
sodje and kakuata (spelling)

I'm into my second season with Rotheram (got promoted to league 1 unbeaten in first) and would highly reccomend loaning the following:

Ashley Chambers - FC(Leicester youngster) scored 28 goals for me in all comp. Also scored 20 in league 1 so far
Ben Mee - DC (Man City youngster) avg. 7.07 as a CB, very solid
Keith Treacy - AML (blackburn) 18 assists, although only accepted my 3rd loan offer.
Also handy on free's were Godwin Anti (DRC), Zoumana Bakayoko (DL/ML/AML)

isn't ashley chambers injured until february