Greatest Away Day

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Following on from my home or away post, gave me an idea for this one. What is that one away day that stands out from the rest for you. I shall start,

2006, Southend United were bottom of the championship. On a cold, rainy night we travelled to top of the league Birmingham at St Andrews. myself and 3 mates went up by train and went in to the local pub for away supporters and i tell you, i have heard more noise in a grave yard. so we had a few drinks (i was only 16 at the time) and then walked up to the ground in the ******* rain. got in the ground a good 30 minutes before the game and there must have been about 100-150 southend fans. anyways, game finished and we had won 3-1. was a great day out!

I loved Yeovil away, Leeds Away, Crewe away were also good.

I seriously can't wait for our relegation party away at Southend though! :D

I loved Yeovil away, Leeds Away, Crewe away were also good.

I seriously can't wait for our relegation party away at Southend though! :D

i shall be at that relegation battle mate lol knowing are ways at the moment, your beat us lol but like southend fans sing

"the football league
is upside down
the football league is upside down
were goin up
with the stockport
the football leagus
is upside down"

never been to away game , will next season with notts ... maybe peterbrough game

Ninnian Park.

Possibly one of the best away grounds I have been to. Fantastic atmosphere, hostile and terraced. The perfect away day. Shame it is no more.

I know its not in the league but I'll always remember Roma in 2007. Nothing similar to getting your **** beaten, being spat at and being it with missiles all by the police. To make it worse we lost :(

i shall be at that relegation battle mate lol knowing are ways at the moment, your beat us lol but like southend fans sing

"the football league
is upside down
the football league is upside down
were goin up
with the stockport
the football leagus
is upside down"

Haha, we sing that but with Tranmere.

Well, we used too :)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

never been to away game , will next season with notts ... maybe peterbrough game

Poor guy :O

Haha, we sing that but with Tranmere.

Well, we used too :)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Poor guy :O

well enjoy your day down by the sea side :)

any tips on places to eat/drink etc pm me :)

I know its not in the league but I'll always remember Roma in 2007. Nothing similar to getting your **** beaten, being spat at and being it with missiles all by the police. To make it worse we lost :(
Look on the bright side.(A) We took them back to our place and owned them 7-1.^^)

:S Been to wembley a few times if that counts as away but the atmosphere is never that great at wembley.XD

Bradford vs Portsmouth in 2002/2003 season when we were promoted, it was the last game of the season and we were already promoted, we won 5-1, Todorov got a hat trick, and Gianluca Festa scored his first goal for us in his last game before he retired, perfect day :D

Osasuna - Valladolid
We are 2-0 down at half time, 5 mins. into the 2nd and we're 3-0 down. The game ended 3-3. Best away game ever.

The first time i went to a a match not at not at Boro was Liverpool Vs West Ham in 1987,i will always remember what a great day out it was but being in the Kop as a kid was a truly scary experience,especially when Liverpool scored.

Greatest day out with Boro was at the old Wembley in the 1990 Zenith cup final Vs Chelsea,amazing atmosphere even though we lost to a Tony Dorigo goal.

When the Super Wolves beat Donny Rovers,December 08 That 1-0 win sent us 9 points clear at Christmas.

Following on from my home or away post, gave me an idea for this one. What is that one away day that stands out from the rest for you. I shall start,

2006, Southend United were bottom of the championship. On a cold, rainy night we travelled to top of the league Birmingham at St Andrews. myself and 3 mates went up by train and went in to the local pub for away supporters and i tell you, i have heard more noise in a grave yard. so we had a few drinks (i was only 16 at the time) and then walked up to the ground in the ******* rain. got in the ground a good 30 minutes before the game and there must have been about 100-150 southend fans. anyways, game finished and we had won 3-1. was a great day out!

Why do you think there was no atmosphere! with no one to sing at! There never is an atmosphere down our ground when teams turn up with a taxi loud of people.

And i remember that game tbf, was a shocking performance XD oh well we still went up as per usual :)

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Oh and my greatest away day ever. 3 seasons ago i think at the Molineaux.

After a boring first half, neither team pushing for the win, Andrew Cole put us into the lead, where Michael McIndoe equalised then scored another to put the Yam Yam's 2-1 up.
They dont give you many in Wolvo so we was surrounded by them :S
Then Bendtnar scores a beast of a header from a corner that was literally unstoppable!

The firey youngster 19 year old Cameron Jerome entered the field to push for the draw and was set away down the left hand side, with Jody Craddock setting up a high defensive line. to his mistake Jerome ran all the way from the half way line to slot it home 2 minutes before time!

Sending the small army of Blues fans into absolute ecstasy! basically confirming our promotion with only a few games left.

To be followed by a late penalty awarded to the gold and blacks. for michael mcindoe who had scored a fair few penalties already that season and never missed to have it saved by colin doyle, to scupper his hat trick and wolves chances of promotion

Last edited:
Why do you think there was no atmosphere! with no one to sing at! There never is an atmosphere down our ground when teams turn up with a taxi loud of people.

And i remember that game tbf, was a shocking performance XD oh well we still went up as per usual :)

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Oh and my greatest away day ever. 3 seasons ago i think at the Molineaux.

After a boring first half, neither team pushing for the win, Andrew Cole put us into the lead, where Michael McIndoe equalised then scored another to put the Yam Yam's 2-1 up.
They dont give you many in Wolvo so we was surrounded by them :S
Then Bendtnar scores a beast of a header from a corner that was literally unstoppable!

The firey youngster 19 year old Cameron Jerome entered the field to push for the draw and was set away down the left hand side, with Jody Craddock setting up a high defensive line. to his mistake Jerome ran all the way from the half way line to slot it home 2 minutes before time!

Sending the small army of Blues fans into absolute ecstasy! basically confirming our promotion with only a few games left.

Yeah, but then you went back down again.

Yam-Yams?? You Bluenoses dunno what your talkin about.

EDIT: McIndoe is a w***er, my granny could've scored that penalty

Last edited:
what are you talking about...

ANYONE from the Black Country... that means Dudley and Wolverhampton. Where the vast majority of Wolves fans are from! Are called Yam Yam's. Like we are called Brummies, And people from Liverpool are called scousers.
Its not offensive its just what you are XD

we went straight back down, but have spent a **** of a lot longer in the Prem than you ever will! and if im not mistaken did the double of you and are far and away from you in the league. so if you wana have a pop, we can carry on 8-|

And i think McIndoe is a great player ;) great penalty taker XD LOL.

Back on topic...

Everton away this season in the FA Cup 4th round was pretty good. we took 4 thousand to Goodison and somehow turned them over.

St James' Park, Liverpool 5-1 Newcastle, great game, great atmosphere, great result. Perfect away day, we battered Newcastle, Gerrard was quality but Shay Givens performance was also brilliant even though he conceded 5! Absolutely great. Don't go to many away games. About 4 a year, normally Bolton games, Everton always and been to Old Trafford twice. Got to give a mention to when we beat Everton 3-0 as-well, another great away game, I was in the Everton stand, along with a few other red's and it was quality.

what are you talking about...

ANYONE from the Black Country... that means Dudley and Wolverhampton. Where the vast majority of Wolves fans are from! Are called Yam Yam's. Like we are called Brummies, And people from Liverpool are called scousers.
Its not offensive its just what you are XD

we went straight back down, but have spent a **** of a lot longer in the Prem than you ever will! and if im not mistaken did the double of you and are far and away from you in the league. so if you wana have a pop, we can carry on 8-|

And i think McIndoe is a great player ;) great penalty taker XD LOL.

Back on topic...

Everton away this season in the FA Cup 4th round was pretty good. we took 4 thousand to Goodison and somehow turned them over.

Fair point about us Yam-Yams, its just that my late grandad didnt like being called a Yam-Yam.

EDIT: But we aint a yo-yo club like you who havent won a single trophy in their history.

And, I bet, as soon as Joe Hart leaves, you'll be in a relagation scrap ONCE again.

Back