lessthanjake

Reaction score
I can't help but share this. I recently made a thread describing a Man City team I have where I have two world class players at every position. This team is very very good, and had managed to go the season undefeated going into the Champions League final. I had a good amount of tough matches, specifically because I ended up with a staggering 18 matches against ManU/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool over the course of the year, but no losses.

The Champions League final was against Barcelona. At that point, the Champions League hadn't really thrown me any tough games against teams I wasn't used to. My group was very straightforward (CSKA Moscow, Anderlecht, and Siroki Brijeg), my first knockout round was FC Kobenhavn, and then I had played Arsenal and Liverpool. So this Barcelona game, in many ways, was the first and only big test of the season against non-Premier League competition (besides an early season Euro Super Cup match against Real Madrid).

As a result, I was a bit worried; I thought I might end up losing. The actual result was completely shocking. I won the match 8-0! This tied for my biggest victory of the season (I also won 8-0 in the first round of the League Cup against Peterborough United). It was truly absurd; each extra goal kept shocking me. Tevez scored 3 goals, Lukaku and Eden Hazard gave me 2 each, while Paulo Henrique threw in another goal.

And it wasn't as if Barcelona was completely injury ravaged. Alves and Mascherano were injured, but they did have Messi, Iniesta, Villa, Busquets, Marko Marin, and Xavi as a super-sub.

I am certain that this is the greatest victory I have ever had. This made me wonder about other people's triumphs, as I am sure there are a ton of people who are much better than me at this game and could do something even better. What are your guys' greatest victories?

EDIT: By the way, this victory did not involve using the far post corner bug. None of my goals came from corners (or from free kicks for that matter).

Last edited:
I was actually torn between two results which happened recently. But this one was just due to the fact that this is the only SPL team I can't consistently destroy.

Coming into this match, I was top of the league. I lost once [2-1 against Rangers with both of their goals being controversial.] and against this team, I had 7 wins, 2 draws, 8 losses. I would've been happy with a draw to be honest... I didn't expect this.

6-0 against any team is impressive, but against a team who ALWAYS gives me a run for my money? Makes it sweeter to be honest. A trio from Yaya Sanogo, a double from Giorgos Samaras and one from Adam Johnson gave me a priceless win. There has literally been only one season where I have consistently beaten Hearts, so this ranks as my greatest win.

[BTW, the other match I was thinking about? a 3-2 win over Valencia with 10 men for 9/10 of the match.]

Not surprised, there defence is awful. Good result though mate.

I was actually torn between two results which happened recently. But this one was just due to the fact that this is the only SPL team I can't consistently destroy.

Coming into this match, I was top of the league. I lost once [2-1 against Rangers with both of their goals being controversial.] and against this team, I had 7 wins, 2 draws, 8 losses. I would've been happy with a draw to be honest... I didn't expect this.

6-0 against any team is impressive, but against a team who ALWAYS gives me a run for my money? Makes it sweeter to be honest. A trio from Yaya Sanogo, a double from Giorgos Samaras and one from Adam Johnson gave me a priceless win. There has literally been only one season where I have consistently beaten Hearts, so this ranks as my greatest win.

[BTW, the other match I was thinking about? a 3-2 win over Valencia with 10 men for 9/10 of the match.]

Nice! Hearts is always a pretty tough team in the SPL, I've found. This is slightly off topic, but is Yaya Sanogo completely dominating for you in the SPL, because in my experience he dominates in the top leagues, so I can't imagine how amazing he is in the SPL.

As for the Valencia match, I had a somewhat similar match in this season with this same Man City team. I had an away league match against Chelsea right after an international break (ie. my players were all tired to start with) and went down to 10 men half an hour into the match. Despite being dominated, I managed to win 2-0 due to a goal from a corner and from a free kick. It was really lucky. Did you still manage to control the match and be the better team in your Valencia game?

My greatest win was Champions League Semi-Finals second leg. Manchester United VS Sporting CP.
Won 0-3, after losing 0-2 at home on the first leg. ******* awesome game.

not a big side but needless to say i was over the moon haha :) league cup semi final middlesbrough agaisnt newcastle.

a injury hit middlesbrough side were without key players that included Charlie austin, kris boyd, kevin thompson, barry robson, stephen mcmanus, justin hoyte

extra time 118th min and marvin emnes pops up with a diving header six yard box :)

Wow, today is my day. Another glorious game. I was being Brazil's coach and was in the 2014 World Cup. I had a quarterfinal match against Argentina. They went up 1-0 and I had already given up on the match (and therefore the whole World Cup and probably my job) when Paulo Henrique scored the tying goal in the 4th and last minute of injury time. Neymar then won me the match with a goal in the 115th minute.

Beating Chelsea 1-0 with Hartlepool in the 4th Round of the F.A in my first season on FM09. It was one of those 88th Worldy's from Tresor Kandol. Funny thing is, I finished 10th or 9th in the league that year. but will always remember it.

Beating Chelsea 1-0 with Hartlepool in the 4th Round of the F.A in my first season on FM09. It was one of those 88th Worldy's from Tresor Kandol. Funny thing is, I finished 10th or 9th in the league that year. but will always remember it.

Wow that's stunning! I assume that it was at least a home game for you; doing that at Stamford Bridge would be completely insane

Worksop v Charlton in FM2010 to get to the semis of FA cup. Won 3-2 scored in the 119 minute (mind you Charlton were down to 9 by then with 2 players off injured in extra time). But still non league team with my best player being James and Phil Younghusband and getting thoroughly caned by Jonjo Shelvey for 90+minutes it still was a great feeling.

Last edited:
Nice! Hearts is always a pretty tough team in the SPL, I've found. This is slightly off topic, but is Yaya Sanogo completely dominating for you in the SPL, because in my experience he dominates in the top leagues, so I can't imagine how amazing he is in the SPL.

As for the Valencia match, I had a somewhat similar match in this season with this same Man City team. I had an away league match against Chelsea right after an international break (ie. my players were all tired to start with) and went down to 10 men half an hour into the match. Despite being dominated, I managed to win 2-0 due to a goal from a corner and from a free kick. It was really lucky. Did you still manage to control the match and be the better team in your Valencia game?
Sanogo's dominating like no tomorrow :p 22 games, 39 goals :eek:

As for the Valencia match, I had a look back on it. Turns out we were down to ten men... after three minutes. If anything, we were lucky, Valencia dominated us all the way. Sanogo started the scoring, before their striker regen, Carles Ventura scored. Mata added to the misery and that sort of woke us up :eek: Sanogo added another then missed a penalty but we eventually won with my centre back [regen] Antonis Agapiou scoring a header :D

putting city back to its place, in the trash

puttingcitytobacktoitsplace.png

beating hull city 4-0 with crawley in the F.A Cup. not the biggest team but still a massive win

has to be knocking scumchester out of the fa cup 1-0 with leeds and beckford scoring!

Well I've won the Champions with Benfica 3 times on this FM, but my biggest victory has got to be with Boavista in FM 2010, just got to first division, got to uefa via the cup, against city in the group stage away game, went there thinking I'd lose and I won 2-0!

8-1 against Everton (as Liverpool) in 2016. First Home game in the brand new 60,000 seater 'Dalglish Arena'.

9-3 combined victory over Man U in Champion's League as Aston Villa.

6-1 against Chelsea in the premier league
And i guess 8-1 against Bolton, because its the most goals I got in one single game.