Greece 23 Squad Anounnced

RSm

Reaction score
Otto Rehhagel has cut the final two players from his World Cup squad – Grigoris Makos and Giorgos Tzavellas – and decided on the 23 that will take part in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The most surprising piece of news is undoubtedly the inclusion of Aris midfielder Sakis Prittas, who seemed certain to miss out after playing no part in the recent friendly draw with DPR Korea. Here’s the squad in full.

Goalkeepers:
Kostas Chalkias (PAOK), Alexandros Tzorvas (Panathinaikos), Michael Sifakis (Aris)

Defenders: Loukas Vyntra, Giourkas Seitaridis and Nikos Spyropoulos (Panathinaikos), Vangelis Moras (Bologna), Avraam Papadopoulos and Vasilis Torosidis (Olympiakos), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Liverpool), Stelios Malezas (PAOK), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Genoa)
Midfielders:
Kostas Katsouranis, Sotiris Ninis and Giorgos Karagounis (Panathinaikos), Christos Patsatzoglou (Omonia), Alexandros Tziolis (Siena), Sakis Prittas (Aris)

Forwards:
Dimitris Salpingidis (Panathinaikos), Theofanis Gekas (Eintracht Frankfurt), Giorgos Samaras (Celtic), Pantelis Kapetanos (Steaua Bucharest), Angelos Haristeas (Nurnberg)

And one last thing guys, what are your opinions on the Greece chances in this World Cup?

greece might do well, are they ranked above us in the WR?

Well they won euro 2004 and Otto Rehhagel is a good manager who plays a particluar style of football, score a goal then everyone defend.

I'm hoping Samaras has a few of his wonder games so we can punt him along. For Celtic he usually has 3-4 games a season where he looks unplayable and well not quite world class but a top player, the other 30-40 games he looks a completely donkey scared to even touch the ball

I'm hoping Samaras has a few of his wonder games so we can punt him along. For Celtic he usually has 3-4 games a season where he looks unplayable and well not quite world class but a top player, the other 30-40 games he looks a completely donkey scared to even touch the ball

I agree and as i see it he is the only player in Greece who run a lot!

Second round; they have some good players; Gekas; rubbish at Pompey but joint top goalscorer in qualifying aswell as Kostas Katsouranis; ex Benfica.

Second round; they have some good players; Gekas; rubbish at Pompey but joint top goalscorer in qualifying aswell as Kostas Katsouranis; ex Benfica.
There's also Sotiris Ninis the wonderkid and we greeks hope he stars helping us as much as he can.

Greece are ****.

Don't expect them to do anything this summer, the Euros they won they had lots of luck.

Its fine so how far do you think Greece will go ?
What club do you support ?

Greece are ****.

Don't expect them to do anything this summer, the Euros they won they had lots of luck.
Lol, after all this optimism, come tymbling down back to Earth.

Krygiakos :wub::wub::wub:

Its fine so how far do you think Greece will go ?
What club do you support ?

I think Greece will qualify to the next phase after the groups tha means qualify to the 16 best.(Sorry for my English hope you understand).Now the clubs i support are Arsenal and Newcastle.From Greece im AEK Athens if you heared of.

I don't expect Greece to do a good tournament, just as usually and the last euro as well.