FlyingKiwi

Reaction score
Hey lads

My wingers often run the ball inside the penalty area, but instead of a nice square ball to a striker for a tap in they instead blast the shot into the keeper.

Anyway to stop this greediness?

What are there teamwork/decision stats?

What is their passing set to (long/short)

What is your team tempo?

I also have that exactly same problem, but no just with wingers!

Their pass are set to direct and the team tempo to quick

the quick tempo makes them more likely to take the shot than pass it. Since passing it can potentially take longer to score than just taking a shot.

Either slow your tempo and give your players time to figure out other options, or keep up the tempo and accept that your players will make mistakes.

So you suggest giving them a lower tempo?

what about creative freedom and the passing style? should I change it?

Alright, thanks lads!

sorry about the newbish questions, i'm kinda initiating on FM yet, so i'm still understanding the effect of each player option and how they will change the way my player plays :)

Creative freedom doesn't matter much. In fact, lowering it could mean they are more likely to take a shot, instead of making a nifty cutback pass. Being more creative means they will have more options open to them and they may pass it more (this all depends on the players creativity and decision making though).

Best thing to do is to fiddle with the settings. Do 2-3 matches with one setting, and the next 2-3 matches change it and watch what the effects are.