GREEN ARMY:The Pilgrims set to march again!

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
.......And so with Pre-Season out the way, and our first league game of the new season just under a week away it gave me the chance to reflect on my first season in charge and what my hopes and expectations are for this campaign. Of course I was delighted, thrilled, estatic to have won NPower League 2 in my first season and break the hundred barrier in points and goals scored. The most pleasing thing for me was the development of some many youngsters in the team who impressed on so many occasions, I just hope they can continue that way and I have the confidence and belief they can.
I'm hoping that we can have a successful second season and surprise alot of teams and people on the way. Even though I have found it difficult to attract a couple more players, due to our wage budget being in the red, and I don't want to run the risk of putting the club back into financial difficulty, so I'm relying on a couple of other under 18s who I believe can make the step up........
images

Plymouth Argyle 2 -
0 Oldham
Home Park - 10,498
images

We got our league campaign under way with a comfortable home win against Oldham. I was very pleased with how we controlled the game from start to finish, and extremely pleased with youngsters Jamie Richards, who kept Shefki Kuqi under control and Jordan Copp who ran the midfield alongside Simon Walton. Matt Lecointe got the opener after good work by Luke Young and debutant Mathieu Manset sealed the three points with a simple tap in after his first effort was blocked.

images

1st Round

Swansea 0 - 0 Plymouth Argyle
(Plymouth Argyle win 3-2 on pens)
Liberty Stadium - 6,131

images

This would always be a difficult tie away at the Liberty Stadium. But we gave our fans something to cheer for the whole 120 minutes and through the penalties. The game itself was entertaining with both sides having chances, but not being able to make any of them count. The best chance fell to Mathieu Manset deep into the second half of extra time, when he was clean through, but dragged his shot wide with only the keeper to beat.
The penalty shootout was exciting to say the leaset, both teams scored their first two pens, then both teams missed their next two pens, this meant Gary Monk had the chance to give Swansea a vital lead, but he blazed over. Up stepped Bhasera with the chance to cause an upset and he slotted home his left footed penalty, to send our fans wild.

*** We have been drawn away against Blackburn Rovers in the 2nd Round.

images

Plymouth Argyle have accepted bids for two of their players today. Hereford and Lincoln have made an approach for Nick Chadwick, while Darlington and Gateshead will open talks with Conor Hourihane. As yet no details of fees have been mentioned, but we'll give you more as soon as we receive it.

Hi Guys. Unfortunately my Laptop has crashed and I've lost my save!! Very disappointing. Thanks to all of you that have commented. I'm in the process of starting a brand new save and story on a new Laptop, so despite me losing my game, I have gained a brand new Laptop, hehe.
Hope you will follow my new story once it's ready to go.
Thanks. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well something like this was going to happen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well something like this was going to happen

Yeah I'm gutted mate. But have started a new story on my new laptop, 'From Grassroots'. Check it out and let me know what u think. Basically is my real story upto the point where I get the job offers.

Yeah I'm gutted mate. But have started a new story on my new laptop, 'From Grassroots'. Check it out and let me know what u think. Basically is my real story upto the point where I get the job offers.
Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back