Azzer41

Reaction score

A life changing call

It was a cold day in Amsterdam, just like any other really. It's the same old thing, every single day. I Sleep, wake up, go to work, come home, and repeat it all the very next day. It's been like that for the last 10 years, ever since the chance of a life time was taken away from me.

I was on trial at Liverpool, my supported team. It happened in a game against the Arsenal u21's, The ball came in to our box from a young Fabregas' corner, only for it to be headed out, straight into my feet by none other than, Steven Gerrard. (He was playing for match fitness) The first thing I did with the ball, was turn it out onto the wing, and suddenly we were on the attack, countering Arsenal's corner. I ran down the right flank, hoping to score, hoping for something, that could prove my talent to Houllier, I crossed it in early and got lucky as the ball suddenly swerved and dipped into the far top corner, However, at the Same time I felt something snap in my ankle, and everything just went black.

The doctor said I would never play again, the muscles in my ankle had a minor spasm, although it was only 'minor' it caused the hinges in my ankle to pull away from my foot, and reshaped the bottom half of my leg. Sounds unreal, but it's true.

I stayed in football as much as I could, 5 years later I managed to earn myself a job as the Cardiff city u18's attacking coach, before moving on to becoming manager of the Ajax u21's manager in 2011, hence why I'm in Amsterdam, But believe me it's a cold, bitter place and although it might seem it, it's not a good job.

I have been holding out for the job as a manager for the last 5 years, I've passed my continental pro, I sent my CV to all sorts of different teams, but no offers came in...until I got the call that would change my life forever. Would this be my big break...?