AaronC

Reaction score
Finished in 5th with Newcastle second season after a season building a decent team, During the summer break on second season a takeover happened from a "local businessman" who cleared the club debt, but had no plans for investment so I got left with £8m transfer budget...Had to adjust the team and sell off a couple of players to fund my summer signings.

I hate it when that happens!

I have yet to have a takeover from a chairman with money, I always get ones that are content to balance the books. I feel your pain.

Im on for forth spot, using a summer stat update I managed to get RVP on a free, will probably have to sell in summer to generate funds again.

Fingers crossed i can get forth this season.

Currently Manchester United. Have had two takeover attempts from a tycoon, second of which threatened to replace me with José Mourinho. I probably wouldn't lose my job, but I would like to make the club reach £1bn value, like Barcelona and Real Madrid. Being taken over is the only way that can be achieved.

But it is frustrating that this has failed twice now. I guess it's third-time lucky with these things.

Managing my local fifth tier club, got a load of good players on frees, got promotion at the first attempt and won a cup. A new board takes over in the post season, tells me they're happy with me, and then sacks me with two friendlies before the start of the season - what would have been my second. All this is typical for my national league, so kudos - in spite of frustration - for that. What is a killer is that I was able to get a job at a second tier club pretty easily, but the players I have inheirited are overpaid and not as good as those I had had...