GTA 5: Hints & Tips

Jay Pricey

Reaction score
GTA V: Hints & Tips

View attachment 467223

Seeing as GTA V has been out for a couple of days now, I thought I would create this thread. The purpose of it is for FM-Base members to share out hints and tips on how to
  • Earn quick cash
  • Find the fastest cars
  • Locate awesome weaponry
  • Understand and get used to new activities eg. stock markets and dog training.

If you are posting something that is blatantly a spoiler in terms of story-mode, please take your fellow members into consideration and use the spoiler tags.

View attachment 467222
HIPSTER TREVOR SAYS BYE FOR NOW!

Last edited:
Spoilers included in text below.

Maximising Income

If you want to maximise your income, then wait until you've completed the storyline before finishing the Assassination missions for Lester. You earn approximately $20 - $35 million from the final heist, per character, and if you then invest it into the stock market before each of his missions, you can come out with upwards of $150 million, enough to buy the most expensive item in GTA 5 - The Los Santos Country Club.

How to fly Jumbo Jets:
Complete the Flight School, then you can enter the jumbo jets like any other vehicle

Free Scuba Gear (Underwater as long as you want):
There is a couple of boats behind the ship yard (http://i.imgur.com/u9sCIxR.jpg). If you drive one, if you leave it and jump straight into the water, you equip a breathing mask and oxygen tank.

P.S. This is very useful for getting the money from the underwater crashed plane (As Jay Pricey said above)

Not get a wanted level when entering the airport:
Purchase an aircraft hanger... It's expensive ($1.4m) though!

Other:
You can hide from the police in bushes.

If you go into an AmmuNation, the cashier will shoot anyone after you (Including police!).

If you wait by an ATM and kill someone after they use it, they will have much more money than normal on them.

When waiting at a red light, if you honk and rev your engine some times a car next to you will start a mini drag race.

Invest as much as you can in AmmuNation on the BAWSAQ stock market. As more people get the game/people play the game more, the stock price will keep rising as people buy more guns and ammo