Guardiola´s Barca future in doubt

Pythonidae

Reaction score
2 April 2011

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has admitted his time at the treble-winning club could be 'coming to an end'.

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has admitted his time at the treble-winning club could be 'coming to an end'.
Guardiola told Italian television station RAI he would not continue on at the club after his contract expires, meaning next season at the Nou Camp would be his last.

"I think my time here at Barcelona is coming to an end," he said. "I'm happy here but when you are at a club like this for a long time it's not possible to stay long-term."
"Next year will be my fourth consecutive as Barca coach. A club like this must have a lot of courage to keep a coach for all this time because players tire of coaches and vice versa."

In just over two-and-a-half seasons, the former Barcelona, Roma and Brescia player has won eight trophies as manager the Catalan club.
The 2008/09 campaign - his first at the Nou Camp - brought a record six titles.
Last season, he led Barca to a second-straight La Liga title with 99 points.

I Thought he just signed a 1yr contract extension?

Quotes? Source?

Italian television station?

Skepticism are I.

Get him in to replace Redknapp Levy ;)

Seen this on Twitter. Very strange thing to say don't really understand it.

He says everyone needs change and in a way he is right. If he leaves at the end of next season then maybe he will get the Spain job after the Euros?? I know he has said he would love to manage in London so maybe Ancelotti stays another year and Guardiola takes over when he leaves/gets the boot.

Wrote about this on my blog, have a look:D

There is a lot of time before then, so anything can happen