GUIDE: All about Tutoring, Retraining And PPMs

Tsakis

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Edited
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is a temporary thread that will let us discuss about those three hot subjects and finally sum up for Raikan 007 to create a sticky thread that will help us all.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don’t use an editor so most of the results are drawn from personal experience and experiments based on forwarded saves. Help from editor users will be great since it will help clean some clouded areas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
PS; Fm tends to always have a variable random factor(most of the times minor) to spice things up. Take this into account as well..
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Enjoy!^^)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ALL ABOUT TUTORING[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1) Who can be tutored by who? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Who can Tutor is mainly affected by three factors: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]a) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Squad status. You can’t tutor a player with status higher than rotation. Also no player can tutor an other if he does not have a higher status than the tutee.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ex: X player meets all the other requirements and is on squad rotation status, therefore can be tutored. A senior player, player Y meets all the other requirements to tutor player X but he is also in squad rotation status. The X name is not listed for tutoring but if you chance the Y player status to first team... Tadah! The name is there.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Age. My tests shown that players above 22 cant be tutored and players below 24 cant tutor. It seems that some exceptions exist that might be related with reputation. For instance Fabergas can tutor from his starting age (23). So I assume that players with worldwide reputations can teach and can’t be taught regardless their age.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ps: Even if a more complex relation between age and reputation exist, the age is taken into account in a linear way. The effects are taking place at the exact birthday of a person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]c) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Position. The tutee and the tutor must have a common accomplished position OR the tutor must be accomplished in the tutee natural position. I haven’t figured that one yet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tips: An injured player can’t tutor BUT can be tutored.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the restrictions above apply for THE FIRST DAY OF TUTORING. Once the tutoring starts, it will not end because of age, status, injury etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

2) Tutoring options:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I searched through the site and found this: [/FONT]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-the-tutoring-options-mean-t32210.html

[FONT=&quot]I can’t really verify this statement though, as it seems determination dropped down drastically when I asked Dzeko tutor Babacar using the “Learn from” option.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I personally do not advice selecting a tutor with worse personality than tutee no matter the ppms.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

3) Tutoring results.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]a) PPMs learning through tutoring.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the main reasons one would want his players tutored by seniors of the team is PPMs. Usually leering a PPM takes up 20% of the training time and that slows down development. With tutoring you can pass 1, 2 or even 3 PPMS (maybe more) without paying anything. Also all the PPMS that can’t be taught (ex: curls ball) can be passed to a pupil via tutoring. There is a connection between the attributes of a player and the learned PPMs which hopefully we will discuss later on. (Also there is a chance for personality to play a role for arguing with officials PPM)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]b) Personality alteration. If you are not using an editor you must rely on the personal page (Personality, media handling), coach reports, determination, playing positions(if you care about versatility or adaptability hidden stat, but I am not exactly sure how those work), and last but not least EXPERIENCE. If you have a player that reacts well when pressured or yelled at, if a player takes it calmly when he is transfer listed and you ask him to be professional and carry on and he is taking it well then this guy has a good personality. Also I have an instinct that there is a relation between Determination and ambition. I have this feeling because all the players that described as ambitious or fairly ambitious have accordingly high determination. This is a speculation though NOT a fact. (If someone who uses an editor can check lets say 20 players to find out there is a sort of connection is would be great!)[/FONT]

c) Gelling. Most of the times a tutor and a pupil form a really good connection that help them play well alongside each other.

d) NEGATIVE TUDORING: Not only good results come after tutoring. Mental and hidden stats can also go down if the tutor has worst personality than the pupil!! Also beware for negative PPMs as they can be passed as well.

PS: Determination seems to come up two points (provided the tutor has two more points than the pupil) and this may be a fact for the hidden attributes again (this is a speculation). The problem is that when Determination goes down does not stop only two points below the original value of the youngster. Ex: Once I got babacar tutored by Dzeko and Determination fell form 19 to 13 or 14!!!

[FONT=&quot]4) Consecutive tutoring.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A player can have more than one tutor, but not in the same time. Sometimes you must wait until the tutoring option is shown again. This is the best way to quickly develop a young player regarding PPMs and character (that will affect his behavior and further development).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tips: Make sure that you ask your youngster to learn a must have PPM BEFORE any tutoring as he might gain enough moves to qualify for the annoying answer “I already have enough aspects in my game.. blah blah”. Also, ALWAYS use the worst tutor first etc. You can completely change the personality of a young player this way.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5) Tutoring duration.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As raikan stated in “The complete how to train/tutor my youngster thread” tutoring is not of variable length. It takes exactly 180 days to complete unless there is a personality clash (explained below). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tip: Tutoring affects a player gradually therefore you can use this knowledge to CANCEL tutoring in order to tutor again with different tutor to take advantage of all the tutoring you can get for a persons age.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ex: Cancel the tutoring from player Y to the player X right the day before X’s 22 birthday (of before his forced changed contract that change the status) to get Player Z to tutor him until he is 22, 5.

6) Personality Clashes.

There is a possibility that tutoring will fail in some point due to a personality clash. It is said that this is because the tutor and pupil personalities are not "compatible". From my experience though I think that the clash has to do only with the tutor's personality. I have tutored some really wild players with professional tutors and nothing happened. So, even if pupil's personality plays a role it should be inferior to the tutor's.

Next subject: RETRAINING...(H)
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Tudoring? We're turning people into a royal family from ~16th Century?

What is the thing you found? I don't see anything. But having someone with lower determination than the tutee tutor them tends to lower their determination which could explain Babacar.

Last edited:
Lol!! Typo I guess.. I cant change the title though so I must wait until a mod does it...

And I was surprized that someone could comment in this one after 1min... :)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

What is the thing you found? I don't see anything. But having someone with lower determination than the tutee tutor them tends to lower their determination which could explain Babacar.

I guess you took time to make fun of the typo and not read the text...:p

I know that, if you go onto the link I gave you you will find out that this option supposed to not drop the mental stats but to only pass the PPMs...

I think I gave some info and tips that people didn't know.. I know for sure that I didnt before I experiment and I assure you I know how to use search tool and google well enough.. You might already know them though and that is good for you, I just took a second and wrote them down...

Lol!! Typo I guess.. I cant change the title though so I must wait until a mod does it...

And I was surprized that someone could comment in this one after 1min... :)

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I guess you took time to make fun of the typo and not read the text...:p

I know that, if you go onto the link I gave you you will find out that this option supposed to not drop the mental stats but to only pass the PPMs...

I think I gave some info and tips that people didn't know.. I know for sure that I didnt before I experiment and I assure you I know how to use search tool and google well enough.. You might already know them though and that is good for you, I just took a second and wrote them down...

I read the text, the link wasn't there when I made the comment, just a reference to something that was meant to be there, which is why I mentioned it...

What is the thing you found? I don't see anything.

Sorry then! I thought that with that sentence you were reffering to the whole article..:S

**** you are fast! I added the link 1 min after the first release!!!!^^):)

Nice read mate

I dont use tutoring enough imo, im really going to start to use it more

This is a good guide, definitely gonna help in my current game :)

Thanks Shay and aj! Not the quantity of the feedback and discussion I expected but...

Good guide. In my save, Tomas Rosicky and Aaron Ramsey couldn't get along and the tutoring finished just a couple of weeks in. :'(

Bump, I assume? I could use some feedback or info...

I'm having Lampard tutor my most promising central midfielder, I'll report once the tutoring ends. Lampard's mental stats are awesome so if he can pass some of that to the tutee that would be great.

He will as long as he stay with him and there is no personality clash.. I dont have any signs that mental stats are passed on though.. I am only sure about determination and hidden attributes.. Don't be sad though, I am sure that lampard is really great on those as well and raising them is more important, your youngster will grow much quicker having all his stats developing in a faster pace! Plus, hopefully the tutee will grab some ppms in the process as well!

Personally I don't use tutoring very often, it is rare I find a player that has perfect PPMs I would like to attempt to carry over to another player, more often than not there's one or two I'd like the tutor to un-learn.

However there is something else I have noticed, if both the tutor and the pupil have the same or very similar personalities the effects garnered from the process is little, think if you put 2 lazy people into a room all they are going to do is sit around and neither will learn anything, but, if the pupil is lacking severely in one key aspect, determination, composure, creativity regardless of any other factors if the tutor is high in these a definite increase is seen. I know that's reiterating what was said above between Dzeko and Babacar.

To the above^

While the mental stats are not transferred directly it is clear that a player learns mental experience as he grows older, the tutoring process keeps the pupil on a par with a younger player who is playing week in week out, if you then play the pupil being tutored the stats show positive results, even more so if the tutor and pupil are playing together. Just think, they see it first hand and get to interact on the field.

Last edited: