Guide: Save Games - Cloud Sync (and 2250MB free storage)

wintermuteVT

Reaction score
Football Manager in The Cloud
View attachment 199493

This guide will tell you how to:

1. Play your save games from any computer
  2. Keep all of your save files stored in the cloud.
  3. Restore overwritten or accidentally deleted save games
  4. Never lose your save games, even if your computer crashes, gets stolen, or explodes.
  5. No copying/pasting/sending files, no extra equipment (USB sticks get lost, external HDs suck)
  6. An extra 250MB free space (plus the 2GB you get for free)

First, you will need some free cloud storage. I recommend Dropbox as it's free, fast, and has version control. Version control lets you restore your files to any previous state. Overwrite a crucial save game with some scrub team. No problem, you can revert any change!

I'll keep this simple from here on out.

1. Visit www.dropbox.com and create your account. Verify with your e-mail.
2. Download the Dropbox installer, run it, and sign in with your account information.
3. Follow the instructions until you see "Typical Setup / Advanced Setup" - Choose Advanced.
4. Select "I want to choose where to put my Dropbox" and click "Change"
5. Navigate to Computer > C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games\
Note: You can use the default Dropbox location, but you must navigate to it when saving your game.
6. Complete the installation.

You can install Dropbox on any computer that you use, and using this method will make sure you always have your game. That's it, you're done! You also get an extra 250MB free storage if you use my referral link below. You'll get a total of 500MB extra (2.5GB) if you invite a buddy. :)

Thanks for reading this short guide, and I certainly hope it aids you well on your quest for #1. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! If you liked this guide or if you just want the free 250MB, you can say thanks by using the link below when signing up.

Dropbox referral link: http://db.tt/kf2mNA4

Last edited:
this has been INSANELY useful for me... i like to play at work (on lunch!), at friends houses, and at home and i always have my save files! i also put my editor changes in there too! i think i should cross-post this on the main forum so some of our brothers can enjoy FM "in the cloud" :)