i have a problem with mine its says at the end custom league errors (there must be at least 1 division in this nation) any reason how i could prevent this ?

what have you done/changed/added?

what have you done/changed/added?

i really dont know what ive done i followed everything on the guide that i was meant to do but ive obviously clicked on something i shouldn't have or done done i shouldn't have :/

I know it's annoying but you should probably just start again because it's hard to know what you've done wrong without looking at it myself

I know it's annoying but you should probably just start again because it's hard to know what you've done wrong without looking at it myself

yeah i know i just made a new one there now its all fine now :) great guide by the way

You will have accidentally clicked on the button "Add Club Continental Rules".

All you would need to do is click on "Remove Club Continental Rules".

Thanks its useful,but i downloaded a data file or something.I want to use it in the editor is that possible? And I can't select england anymore..?

Last edited:
You can use an editor file in the editor by first loading the database that was used as the basis for the editor file (usually the latest) by going to File -> Load Database. After the database is loaded you can then go to File -> Load Editor Data... and select the editor data file you want to edit.

To use editor data in game the easiest way is to save the editor file in the working FM2011 folder (eg. C:/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data). When you click on New Game, first you must choose the correct database that the editor was used with. Then you will see at the bottom "Editor Data Files" and a number enabled - 0 means you aren't using any editor files yet. Then the number in brackets to the right (eg. 3 in total) tells you how many data files the game has located for this database. If you want to change which ones get used, just tick the "Change" button and click ok. A list will come up. IMPORTANT: If you have more than one editor file selected then you must be absolutely sure that NOTHING in either editor file changes something in the other.

99.9999 times out of 100 selecting more than one data file will NOT WORK PROPERLY.

Note that if you can't select England when you have the editor data loaded in game, then there is a problem with one of the leagues in England that needs to be fixed before you can use England. Examples of problems are too many teams in a league, or too few teams in a league, or the same team allocated to more than one league, or the same team using the same stadium in the same league. There are lots of things, basically if you didn't make any changes yourself then you probable have downloaded a crappy editor file.

Great guide, I've used to change some things about this 1 club I like in a lower croatian league...
I've got a question though, about this Lattitude and Longitude, considering the stadium...

Could you explain a little bit more how to choose this lattitude or longitude?

Latitude and longitude are geographical co-ordinates - a combination of the pair will pinpoint any location on this planet. If you go to Google maps and find any location you like, e.g. a nice big green area near your preferred city. Zoom in as far as you like, and when you have found the location you like, right mouse click on it and select "center map here". This will put the spot you click directly in the middle. Now all you need to do to find out the lat/lon co-ordinates is click on the link icon in the top right hand corner of the screen. This will popup a box containing a link and a html snippet. If you look at the link it will begin with "http://maps.google.co.uk/" (or .com or whatever) - the next part will be "?ll=" followed by two numbers such as "?ll=51.721339,-3.016777". This is the latitude and longitude co-ordinates of the spot you clicked on earlier.

So to clarify further, I am now going to locate Wembley Stadium in London using this method and tell you the co-ordinates.

The link is "http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.555995,-0.279765&spn=0.019612,0.038109&t=h&z=15"

So the latitude is 51.555995 and the longitude is -0.279765 - it is important to note that a negative (minus sign) is a part of the co-ordinate and if you omit it you will be wildly inaccurate.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks, it helped a lot

found:

Thanks again :D

Great guide man. I have one question for everybody. When you create new league, can you put training in youth ( u18,19,20) teams. ? Whenever I create new league, my u18 team never have training option. I hope you understand. If not, I'll explain further :)

Whenever I click on save editor it says cant save file and also will it automatically be in the game???
Suggestions welcome

Great guide man. I have one question for everybody. When you create new league, can you put training in youth ( u18,19,20) teams. ? Whenever I create new league, my u18 team never have training option. I hope you understand. If not, I'll explain further :)
Yes that's in the national rules, although it might be only for Reserves. I haven't checked for a while

Yes that's in the national rules, although it might be only for Reserves. I haven't checked for a while

Reserves do have, since they share training with first team. But all my u16 olayers are on full training schedule ( on created nation db) and they should be on youth training schedule. Anyway to do this ? If you want I can post SS ( sorry for posting in this thread, I posted in editor help but no one knew the answer)

Reserves do have, since they share training with first team. But all my u16 olayers are on full training schedule ( on created nation db) and they should be on youth training schedule. Anyway to do this ? If you want I can post SS ( sorry for posting in this thread, I posted in editor help but no one knew the answer)
You might be better off asking in this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cs-training-i-have-small-question-thread.html

As it's more to do with training schedules

hey mate,

gr8 guide - i recommend it 2 ANYBODY who uses FM 2011

anyways, do u know how to create any 3d kits, for my team.

if not, then plz recommend a thread to look at.

thnx