Status
Not open for further replies.
Preseason question I just finished a season in Liga Adelante with Cordoba my season finished around the 6th of June 2012...
My staff want to know when I want my players back 1.7.2012 (6week preseason), 8.7.2012, (5week), 15.7.2012 (4week)... The new season in La Liga starts around 18.8.2012...

so the simple question is which start date would you go for I was thinking 8.7.2012.?

Preseason question I just finished a season in Liga Adelante with Cordoba my season finished around the 6th of June 2012...
My staff want to know when I want my players back 1.7.2012 (6week preseason), 8.7.2012, (5week), 15.7.2012 (4week)... The new season in La Liga starts around 18.8.2012...

so the simple question is which start date would you go for I was thinking 8.7.2012.?

I would say that sounds good.

I personally set it up like the following

- Team Training - Normal workload
Here I focus on eiether a Balanced approach or one that I combine with Balanced ( half of the time). This approach is then one that suist my team and approach. Like Fitness for teams that I want to play physical with...or Attacking with teams where a tiki-taka approach is on...or simply Tactics when I want to get my players to learn to read the game.

Player - Normal Workload

Role - Here I focus on him, not the team. I also let him train on a stat that is either very weak or a stats that I want him to be the best in the world in.

In the end, I can do almost the same as I could in FM12 apart from actually letting a player intentionally get useless in certain areas, something that is not possible in rea life ( as they play matches)

That makes sense...I wonder if the weekly training is just reletate to the tactics you're training? This way the player will learn about every single aspect of the tactic and when it comes down to increasing stats, the individual training does the job

That makes sense...I wonder if the weekly training is just reletate to the tactics you're training? This way the player will learn about every single aspect of the tactic and when it comes down to increasing stats, the individual training does the job

No, the GenerallTeam training has nothing to do with your approach. Its about what kind of areas to focus extra on. If training on "attack", stats like Creativity, passing etc are favoured over ALL other stats. Just like Fitness makes you players focus extra on stamina, pcae, agility etc. This does not mean that the team does not train on Marking, or Technique though. They just dont focus that little bit extra on them.

The Match Training handles learning getting fluid with the tactic ( Tactics) or training extra on an element within this tactic ( like att. mobement, def positioning, ) to get a boost for that specific coming game)

@TBH

i was wondering what you use for the slider bar on scheduling? What percentage do you have it on? I have it on 20% at the minute, is there any you would recommend?

I also have my approach on balanced average and then the Match Training on Teamwork.

How do you send players on training camps? i had one in the first season but can not see how to do this. some one told me that the board ask you but this hasnt happend and also the didnt ask me to change pitch size?

@TBH

i was wondering what you use for the slider bar on scheduling? What percentage do you have it on? I have it on 20% at the minute, is there any you would recommend?

I also have my approach on balanced average and then the Match Training on Teamwork.

I personally use 20 %. When the team is fully fluid with the tactic, I might drop it so it reads ( when you hoover over the slider) 10 % though

If I make 4-5 signings I go with team cohesion, if not I just go with tactics until mostly familiar or preseason ends then straight into match prep.

Anyone know the stats for GK- Shot stopping? I've found one coach that's 5 star but he's my ball control coach, tried quite a few different ones out now and not one is 4.5-5 stars.

I have made some filters and a list of the best Goalkeeping coaches.
Need also some help to track new staff members and complete the list

No, the GenerallTeam training has nothing to do with your approach. Its about what kind of areas to focus extra on. If training on "attack", stats like Creativity, passing etc are favoured over ALL other stats. Just like Fitness makes you players focus extra on stamina, pcae, agility etc. This does not mean that the team does not train on Marking, or Technique though. They just dont focus that little bit extra on them.

The Match Training handles learning getting fluid with the tactic ( Tactics) or training extra on an element within this tactic ( like att. mobement, def positioning, ) to get a boost for that specific coming game)

Oh i see. My bad, this FM portuguese translation isnt that good. I switched to english now.
So i guess balanced is the way to go? I believe it will train every area equal

This part did not seem to be in the manual, so I will have to write it.

Individuall Focus - A role

When chosing a role, it means that the player focus a little extra on the key stats for the role. Here, you have a player that is focusing on becoming a more suitable Ball playing Defender.

93225031.png

I have made a list of the different Individual Training roles in FM13, linked to the covered training areas in the specific training category.
Check out this useful survey of individual training here

I have a quick question about coaches.
I am currently managing Sheffield Wednesday in the championship, the board won't let me employ any more coaches? Is there anything I can do to open more slots? When I try to talk to the board the coaches option in greyed out.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but does this mean now you can't create your own training schedules anymore like on previous FM's?

Last edited:
No, you can't create your own training schedule.
By setting your individual training to the players player role will give you a pretty good gaining in the required attributres

I have a question regarding training on one of my regens.
View attachment 284932

Looking at the positions above, he is a natural fullback, though his stats seem to gravitate more toward a central defender. I tried retraining him into a CD for a few months, but with no visible progress at the moment as you can see. Should I keep having him learn the new position or focus on his individual role as fullback? Also his natural fitness is only 5, which seems worrisome to me, but he can only juggle a few things at the same time.

Hello, i got one question - how to teach player my language - i cant find way to tell one my player to help another with language. If someone noticed, please let me know

Hello, i got one question - how to teach player my language - i cant find way to tell one my player to help another with language. If someone noticed, please let me know

Depends on what iu mean with MY language. Assuming that it's the language spoken inn the country he lives in, then it's just down to tie and adaptability.

Depends on what iu mean with MY language. Assuming that it's the language spoken inn the country he lives in, then it's just down to tie and adaptability.

I mean he is from Slovenia - he speak english, slovenian, bosnian, but not czech. Can i assign some player who speaks english to him somehow to help him?

Status
Not open for further replies.