He is a total monster in front of the goal. The season before I signed him, I shipped away 40 goals in a season. After signing him in the 3rd season (abit too late maybe), I conceded only 15 goals. No changes to my back four, just the keeper, and the keeper before him was Enyeama, who was decent but no where near this guy. He kept 23 clean sheets for me.

So yes, he is magical.

I have signed him too.. This guy is good. Have not conceded in last 400 mins or so.

Trust me Ochoa is a quality keeper man, only the world class keepers are better than him...and he costs between 5-7m!

i bought him for one of my games as Aston Villa for 6.5M, there was complaints for buying a player for so much (obviously no one else rated him) he helped my win the prem a couple of seasons, a very worthwhile signing..
View attachment 57616

Last edited:
he's a top quality keeper , his stats look a bit low but he makes up for them with high mental stats and positioning . i'm playing with ac milan and his record is around a goal every two matches . its even better than what i got with buffon in fm09 . plus his passing percentage is 86% second only to cambiasso in the league .
what i want to know is how does he handle sitting on the bench . i'm most probably gonna get akinfeev on a free transfer at the end of the season and have to choose between him and kameni as the second keeper . i'd prefer ochoa but only if he doesn't start complaing about lack of football

if you rotate him enough, then he is fine, i have Ustari, Ochoa and Stekelenburg with a good regen and they have pretty much played like 13-18 games each (except regen) this season and are all "Superb"

Yeh I just beat man City 1-0 and he got 9.5 and he saved about 20 shots on target

he's a top quality keeper , his stats look a bit low but he makes up for them with high mental stats and positioning . i'm playing with ac milan and his record is around a goal every two matches . its even better than what i got with buffon in fm09 . plus his passing percentage is 86% second only to cambiasso in the league .
what i want to know is how does he handle sitting on the bench . i'm most probably gonna get akinfeev on a free transfer at the end of the season and have to choose between him and kameni as the second keeper . i'd prefer ochoa but only if he doesn't start complaing about lack of football

He sat on the bench for the whole year for me. Because I preferred Renan. he never complained because he was playing regularly for 1st team.

So look like he is ok with the bench.

bump
i just brought him for leicester city in july 2011 for 2.5mil eventually going up to 9mil and my fans say its a waste of money :S lol they don't know how good he his

bump
i just brought him for leicester city in july 2011 for 2.5mil eventually going up to 9mil and my fans say its a waste of money :S lol they don't know how good he his

Man I can't even bring him in for 3.5m :( I think it's because I'm offering 0 up front and the rest over 12 months but still...

What sort of deal did you do? I'm pretty desperate to get him.

I cant believe my luck. I got him in a network game to Newcastle in the start of the first season to the championship. And for only £5m, and 15.500 weekly wage. He got unsettled because they had sold a star player.

I wonder if he will be this good in FM 11 though.

He sat on the bench for the whole year for me. Because I preferred Renan. he never complained because he was playing regularly for 1st team.

So look like he is ok with the bench.

Confused.com how can he sit on bench for whole year and still play regulary for your first team

the goalkeeper is good, although i think a little over rated on FM. would like to see De Gea stats for new FM version as I beleive he best young GK in the world

Guillermo Ochoa... is the best goalkeeper, I actually love him, as my sig and avatar show, he is a beast in my Newcastle Story, he is a beast in real life, my favourite player, and he is never more than 5 mil to get him in, best value for money player in FM.

in FM? He'd be close, but not quite as good, but the others are a lot more expensive!

IRL? He's about the same, but it would be interesting to see if he could cope with the harder leagues such as Spain and England.

He's currently my 2nd choice keeper at the moment, as I managed to get Akinfeev on a free and he is doing really well, I'm considering selling him as I have a really good young regen keeper who'd make a good backup