Gump out - The Tale of Inexperienced Manager

Gump

Reaction score
Breaking news: Chelsea FC sack Roberto Di Matteo

Chelsea have sacked their former player, Roberto Di Matteo, today with immediate effect. The news comes as big surprise as just months ago Di Matteo led Chelsea to an unbelievable Champions League title. Along with Di Matteo, his assistant manager Eddie Newton has also left the club with mutual agreement. Official statement in the club's website claim:

'' The decision has been taken with careful consideration after numerous meetings between the members of the board and the owner. The club wishes to thank Roberto Di Matteo for the success he managed to bring in here during his tenure and all the hard work he put in to achieve it and we wish all the best for Roberto Di Matteo in the future. ''

'' The club will be looking to bring in a new manager in the next few days. ''

Speculation has already been rife regarding the successor of Roberto Di Matteo, with many touting Pep Guardiola to take over as Roman has been a known admirer of the Spanish wizard. Other names in the mix include Wigan's Roberto Martinez, Guus Hiddink of Anzhi, Mark Hughes, Rafa Benitez and even Jose Mourinho.

Two days later...

BREAKING NEWS: CHELSEA ANNOUNCE UNKNOWN MANAGER ARTHUR GUMP AS NEW MANAGER OF THE CLUB

Chelsea FC have announced their new manager in the form of Arthur Gump, who is a totally new figure in the world of managers. He is set to become one of the youngest managers ever, being 26 years old. The 26-year-old is taking charge of the European champions with a one-year contract with a salary rumoured to be almost 4 million euros. The news comes as total catastrophic for everyone included, with Chelsea fans showing their protests outside the Stamford Bridge with signs having e.g. ''Gump out!'' and ''We are doomed''.

According to reports, Arthur Gump has no coaching experience whatsoever, apart from rumoured Football Manager simulation game, in which he has supposedly won a lot of trophies with different teams. A statement in the club's website says:

'' The owner and the board were impressed with the detailed CV Arthur sent us and he shares the same ideas and ambition of how we want Chelsea to look. Arthur has the total backing of the board and we hope the fans will also let this young man prove his worth, like we do. Arthur will be taking his first training session at Cobham tomorrow, with a scheduled press conference taking place right after training. ''

More to follow...

(Please leave a comment if U like and stuff and for the record, Im using personally edited database with my own modifications just to make it more realistic, at least in my opinion NOTE: Nothing too special has been changed)

Last edited:
Next day...

My first day as the manager of Chelsea. I made my way early to Cobham to meet the current staff. After a short meeting, Steve Holland showed me the premises. An hour later, players started showing up one by one for my first training session. I let Steve organize the training after introductions were made with the team. I was greeted with a friendly way, but I saw the players had their doubts regarding my abilities. The training went smooth and I got the chance to analyse the players better. After the training, I made my way to the press conference, where I was welcomed with camera flashes and after I sat down, the questions started raining down...

David:
Mr. Gump, How do you feel being Chelsea manager?
Arthur: I feel great, this is an honour to manage a club of this stature and its a great experience for me, Ive always wanted to coach and this is now my big chance.

Tom:
There has been doubts regarding your skills and abilities as manager and many are of the opinion that you arent suited for this job? What is your response to those who are doubting you?
Arthur: Well all I can say is I will do my best and I hope everyone will give me a chance to prove myself.

Jones:
What kind of style of play you are looking to establish?
Arthur: Im a coach who has always adored the way of free-flowing & attacking stylish play. That is the style I will be encouraging here aswell.

Wayne:
Will you be dipping your toes into the transfer market?
Arthur: Chelsea has invested loads of money already in the likes of Eden Hazard, but I still feel that we might need a player or two, just for the sake of depth.

Jamie:
Fernando Torres has been one of the most criticised player lately and many think Chelsea should buy a more clinical striker, like Falcao. Are you planning to get rid of Torres?
Arthur: Not a chance, I will look to bring the best out of Torres and he will be my main man for the season. Still, I might bring a striker in, as I said before, for the sake of depth.

Arthur:
Now I wont be able to answer to any more questions, I have more urgent matters to attend to. Thank you everyone.

The Press Officer walked in along with a few guards as I made my way out of the room with the fuss in the air. Summary of the day: Good, it wasnt as bad as I thought it would. I had a good feeling about the future...

Few days passed and I made loads of changes to staff as I fired 11 coaches, most notable ones being Steve Holland, Michael Emenalo, Drummy Dermot and Boudewijn Zenden. After they were fired, I hired following names to following roles:

- Johan Cryuff, Assistant Manager
- Valdir De Moraes, Coach
- Elio Carravetta, Fitness Coach
- Rodolfo Borrell, Coach
- Valter Di Salvo, Fitness Coach
- David Court, Coach
- Anselmo Sbraglia, Coach
- Bobby Mimms, Coach
- Franco Baldini, Director of Football

I also had my first game during our pre-season.

Chelsea - Chelsea Reserves
3 - 0
(Torres, Oscar x2)

More to follow...

You have done well to re-shape the staff. I had to do that in my Chelsea save "Who let the Drog out" and I took over in November. The squad is sadly lacking depth as well so I will be interested to see who you buy!

Pre-season

Thoughts

Our Pre-season started out well with a 3 - 0 win over Chelsea reserves and considering the boys are learning my system, it was a great win. It was just the performance I wanted and expected from them. Our first proper friendly is against FC Twente away, which is going to be a tricky task. We worked hard in the training ground and things started to shape up tactical wise. I had decided to wield a 4-2-3-1 system, since it is the best system considering our current squad and it fits the style I look to employ. I want them to play a kind of fast passing game, in which we look to create space and exploit the space with quick passing. We have loads of talent for this kind of system, but it will take its time before everything clicks together.

Transfers

In:

Demba Ba - 7 million €
Andrea Poli - 9.25 million €
Luke Shaw - 6 million €

Out:
Billy Clifford - Loan
Conor Clifford - Loan
Aziz Deen-Conteh - Loan
Patrick Bamford - Loan
George Saville - Loan

Summary of transfers:

A great piece of business by us. We only spent 23 million, but it was necessary to reinforce the areas which needed it. Demba Ba offers good back-up for Fernando Torres, who I hope will find his best form again and truly show the world that he is still one of the best strikers in the game, as he should be in my opinion. Andrea Poli will be contributing in the deep lying playmaker role and hes a player I definitely needed, since we were lacking in that department. Luke Shaw is going to be the successor of Ashley Cole in time and Ashley shall have the responsibility of tutoring him.

Matches

FC Twente - Chelsea
0 - 4
(Oscar, Mata, Ramires, Torres)

MLS All Stars - Chelsea
1 - 4
(Ivanovic, Torres, Moses, Oscar)

Guangzhou- Chelsea
0 - 3
(Moses, Piazon x2)

Beijing - Chelsea
0-2
(Moses, Torres)

ACF Fiorentina - Chelsea
1 - 3
(Lampard, Torres, Ivanovic)
- Mikel missed a penalty

Man of the Pre-season

Fernando Torres

4 Games, 4 goals and assist makes him the best of the pre-season period.

Summary: Great performances overall, Torres getting good goals as he should be with Moses and Piazon also standing out with great performances. Players are starting to understand my system a bit better and Ive seen how they have started to actually believe into what we are trying to achieve. I feel Im getting their faith and trust slowly. Now we must look ahead into FA Cup Community Shield match against tough Manchester City, where I will have my first chance of getting my hands to silverware this season...

More to follow...........

Last edited:
August

FA Cup Community Shield

Big day ahead of us and especially me. My first ''final'', first chance of silverware. But it wasnt going to be an easy task, beating the reigning champions of Premier League. This is it, the curtain raiser for the upcoming season...

Man City - Chelsea
3 - 2
(Torres, Moses)

A disappointing defeat at the hands of our rivals and it was our worst performance so far. We only managed to get 6 shots of which 4 were on target compared to Man City's 12 on target of 20.We got basically overrun, but Im sure the lads will become even stronger and we will get a chance to pay it back...

Chelsea - Southampton
1 - 1
(Hazard)

Spectator: And that is the final whistle! Southampton will take this! Gump's boys will be wondering what went wrong and already underfire manager Arthur Gump didnt experience the greatest of welcomes in his first home game as some of the Chelsea fans were wielding '' GUMP OUT! '' signs and during the 16th minute Chelsea fans were applauding, to pay tribute to Roberto Di Matteo and also signing '' Theres only one Di Matteo! ''....

Norwich - Chelsea
1 - 3
(Torres, Hazard, Snodgrass O.G.)

European Super Cup

My second chance of silverware after missing out on Community Shield, but again it will tough for us and especially since the fans arent exactly helping our cause with all the signs saying Gump out. I want to win the fans over with this silverware, but it wont be an easy task....

At. Madrid - Chelsea
1 - 2
(Torres, Oscar)
- Ashley Cole sent off (55)

That was a pretty amazing win and it started greatly when our in-form striker Fernando Torres found the net in the first minute. We also played good football, with having 58% possession with 16 shots, not to mention Cole's sent-off during the hour mark. The lads are already looking comfortable with my system..

Man of the Month
Eden Hazard

Scintillating performances from the 21-year-old as he tortured opposition defenders with his precise ball control, dribbling and pace and even got in the scoresheet with 2 goals and also 1 assist.

Summary: Good month overall despite missing out on Community Shield and early draw with Southampton, but Super Cup win made up for it. We played free-flowing attacking game and we witnessed some great team moves. Torres is starting to score goals every game and I hope the fans will see the effort we are putting in and perhaps they will accept me....

More to follow....

Last edited:
Anyone following or am I just making this for myself? :D

I am mate. I found Torres erratic in my save but Ba should be good back up for him. Did you not fancy Fellaini or did Man City get him?

I am mate. I found Torres erratic in my save but Ba should be good back up for him. Did you not fancy Fellaini or did Man City get him?

Infact Fellaini went to Tottenham and no, I wasnt interested in paying 20 millions for him as I didnt need a player of his type. And well as I said, I have a custom database, so I changed Torres a bit aswell as I thought he deserves to be a bit better due to his recent performances in front of goal at least (IRL 7 goals in 8 games), but now that he has started scoring few of his attributes have upped automatically, now hes kinda same levelish as Demba Ba according to coach reports.

I'm following, though I think you should just make it for yourself and people will read it and lurk at their leisure.
Bit unsure over the Torres changes though, why did you feel the need to do that? His stats if used properly will yield goals anyway I'm sure.

I do love the appointment of Cruyff, legend of football. He's better than most of the managers in the league, far too good to be an assistant really. Good luck with your season!

I'm following, though I think you should just make it for yourself and people will read it and lurk at their leisure.
Bit unsure over the Torres changes though, why did you feel the need to do that? His stats if used properly will yield goals anyway I'm sure.

I do love the appointment of Cruyff, legend of football. He's better than most of the managers in the league, far too good to be an assistant really. Good luck with your season!

Well regarding Torres changes, he wasnt the only player who got changed but the changes I made were usually with the style that if I boosted something, I decreased something as a result. In Torres case, e.g. I lowered his First touch & balance, but improved work rate. So only kinda minor changes.

September

Aston Villa - Chelsea
1 - 1
(Cahill)

Not the best of performances from the lads but at least we remained in control of things, it just wasnt meant to be a win for us today.

Champions Leage Group Stages

Chelsea - Dinamo
3 - 0
(Torres, Hazard, Terry)
- Lampard missed a penalty

My first Champions league match and home aswell, it was a great spectacle for me. My debut also went smoothly, we bagged a nice 3 - 0 win with Dinamo not having any kind of clear chances at our goal. Even the jeers I got in my last home match have decreased...

West Ham - Chelsea

1 - 3
(Hazard x2, Terry)

Great win, West Ham didnt have a chance to even shoot as we controlled the events with 60% possession and they only managed to have 1 shot at goal, which was unfortunately a goal, but these things happen in football...

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Tottenham - Chelsea
0 - 1
(Ramires)

This was a tough fixture, but boys managed to pull it off eventhough Tottenham caused us problems. We failed to control the ball as we only had 53% of it and this wont cut it when it truly matters against the bigger teams. We must work harder and keep moving better in the future...

Chelsea - Sunderland
2 - 1
(Ramires, Cole)

And another Premier League game and another win. Its looking good, that was a solid win, everything went according to plan and Sunderland didnt stand a chance as we had over 20 shots and controlled the events with 66% possession of the ball, but a few missed chances there meant we had to settle for two goals only
. Still, this is how we are supposed to be playing...

Man of the Month
Eden Hazard

Another great month for the young Belgian Messi as he acted like one as he tormented opposition time and time again with his pace and dribbling. Also bagged in 3 goals and provided 1 assist.

More to follow..

Last edited:
Doing well, keep it up! Hazard & Mata are immense for me!

October

News

Reports have broken out about a possible fallout with Chelsea manager Arthur Gump and Daniel Sturridge
as they were caught in a heated argument during their training session in the morning. We were able to get manager Arthur Gump to comment the situation:

'' It was nothing serious, sometimes you just have to let your steams go out and thats what happened. Everything is fine. ''

Reports suggest Daniel Sturridge is not happy with the playing time hes been getting this season, having made only 3 appearances for Chelsea this term.

Matches

Champions League Group Stages

Ajax-
Chelsea
1 - 3
(Torres x2, Daley Blind O.G.)
- Juan Mata injured

Not one of the best perfomances as Ajax were the more dominant side of the game, but we managed to get the three points today with clinical finishing from Fernando Torres. Juan Mata also got injured,
but physios told me it wasnt a serious one and he should be available for the next game..

Liverpool - Chelsea
0 - 2
(Hazard, Oscar)
- John Terry injured

Good win over Liverpool today at Anfield and as Juan Mata makes it back from sidelines, John Terry enters it. John is essential part of this club and very important piece in our backline and according to physios it wasnt a serious one, but further scans are required. Next game is going to be against Manchester United, which is another important game for us in terms of winning the league...

Chelsea vs Manchester United

My biggest game so far and probably the most important one for now. John Terry will be available for selection again, so he will be leading the lads in this important fixture. Homesoil will give us advantage and I hope this game will be one to be remembered...

Chelsea - Man Utd

3 - 1
(Terry, Ramires, Torres)
- Oscar injured

Spectator: And that is the final whistle! Chelsea get the three points today! They fought hard for their win, yet Sir Alex will be wondering what happened as Arthur Gump masterminds the neutralising of Robin Van Persie, who is the leading goalscorer of Premier League with 7 goals to his name. Well done to Chelsea, thanks for watching the game and good night.

Important points, important win yet it wasnt a deserved one. Man Utd were the better side, but that one does not always win. Im glad for the boys as these were very, very important points when the season nears its end...

Sporting News

News reader: And now to football news. Today is another round for Champions League football as a host of clubs play, toughest game being Valencia hosting Chelsea. According to Arthur Gump, this match will be their hardest so far.

Arthur Gump: We will be fighting to the end, but we know Valencia is a good side, they have some quality players in there and it will be a tricky game, possibly the hardest until now......

Valencia - Chelsea
0 - 5
(Hazard x3, Mata, Ba)
- Fernando Torres missed a penalty

Awesome performance from us with Demba Ba scoring in his first Champions League outing and our midfield maestros being totally, totally superb. Im running out of superlatives when trying to describe them. Hazard was deadly as ever and Mata bossing the game. Only minus side being Torres missing a penalty, but those do happen and Im sure he wont be dwelling in it. Referee also had quite a game after he brandished 9 yellow cards in total..

Swansea - Chelsea
0 - 4
(Mata, Hazard x2, Lampard)

Good, solid win as we returned from Spain to play Premier League again against Swansea. I will be hoping more of the same..

Capital One Cup 4th Round

West Brom - Chelsea
1 - 3
(Demba Ba 2x penalties, Marin)

I decided to rotate the squad for this match and rest the key players with giving starts to the likes of Marko Marin, Daniel Sturridge, Lucas Piazon and Oriol Romeu and Im glad it paid off. Demba scored 2 nice penalties with Marin being man of the match as he totally run ragged West Brom today...

Man of the Month
Eden Hazard

Undoubtedly the best player of the month again, three times in a row already. No-one can stop him with this form, bagging impressive 6 goals and 3 assists in 6 games. He's a beast, period.

More to follow......

Last edited:
November

Premier League Table

Our situation in the table looks promising. 8 Games behind, 6 wins and 2 draws and everything is going according to my plan. Boys are finally getting into my system and they are seeing that I am a capable manager afterall. Ive heard that the fans are already behind me and the team, since at the start the welcome wasnt that warm. Im a bit surprised by the fact that Man City have dropped down so much in the table, but there is still about 30 games to play, so everything can still happen....

Matches

Chelsea - Stoke
3 - 0
(Hazard, Mata, Poli)

Almost a dream performance as we had 65% possession with 30 attempts at goal while they had 5. The only area where we fell short was in front of goal, but still 3 - 0 victory is good enough for any top side.

Chelsea - Valencia
4 - 0
(Hazard x2, Torres, Oscar)

And we did it again, though one goal less than last time away from home. Same kind of performance as in the previous match, Valencia had no chance of winning us today. Great goals from Hazard once again.

Wigan- Chelsea

1 - 1
(Torres)

Well one of the unluckiest game of the season as we had the keys of victory in our hands but we failed to unlock it. Wigan gets credit for their performance, but we must work on our finishing department, considering we had 22 shots in total..

Tottenham- Chelsea

2 - 1
(Vertonghen O.G.)

Well if the previous fixture against Wigan in Premier League was unlucky, this was our worst performance so far in the league. Tottenham totally run a riot and we were lucky we didnt concede more than 2. Seems like boys are getting complacent...

Dinamo - Chelsea
0 - 3
(Mata x2, Ba)

Good, solid win and more of the same. Good job from the boys to get back to winning ways and we have already secured our qualification from group stages...

Chelsea - QPR

2 - 0
(Terry, Hazard)
- David Luiz injured

Im sure the fans will be enjoying getting one over arch-rivals QPR and it was a solid performance from everyone, just another day in the office. Im hoping I wont be long without David Luiz...

Capital One Cup Quarter Final

Chelsea - Man City
e 4 - 2
(Torres, Moses x2, Terry)

We are through to the semi-finals and boy, what a game. It was a tight contest between two top sides and we had to go extra time before my boys finally put ''the Noisy neighbours'' in their place...

Man of the Month
Fernando Torres

It wasnt the easiest of choices as Hazard and Torres were both in flames this month, but Torres managed to put in 3 goals and 3 assists and was very sharp overall during the month, so he nicks the prize away barely from Eden Hazard, who would have won it 4th time in a row...

More to follow.....

Last edited:
Great stuff mate, nice to see a Chelsea story on here :D

Dunno about signing Luke Shaw though, he's a cracking player but what about Ryan Bertrand??

Great stuff mate, nice to see a Chelsea story on here :D

Dunno about signing Luke Shaw though, he's a cracking player but what about Ryan Bertrand??

Ryan aint good enough if you ask me :) And Im glad you like it.

And regarding the September, yes a mistake by me, its now been fixed tho but thanks for noting it.

Last edited:
Ryan aint good enough if you ask me :) And Im glad you like it.
Really?! Fair doos I have them both on my Southampton save. Impossible to decide who's better for me!!

KIU pal :)

Really?! Fair doos I have them both on my Southampton save. Impossible to decide who's better for me!!

KIU pal :)

But dont worry though, Ryan will most likely remain with the club for years to come as he can play in multiple positions.

But dont worry though, Ryan will most likely remain with the club for years to come as he can play in multiple positions.
Yep he is so handy like that, I love him IRL too.