Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I3east

Reaction score

Yes i know i had another story but it has been closed due to a crash dump. I started the game in January 2011 to try and make it lifelike and because i feel Wenger would not leave Arsenal that's why he is joining the board.

headernf.png

Wenger steps down and joins Arsenal board

wenger-001.jpg

Wenger has failed to get his hands on any trophies since the 2005 FA Cup Final

After a 2-1 loss to Birmingham in the Carling Cup Final 2011, Arsene Wenger has decided it is time for someone else to try an bring silverware to the Emirates. Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger refused to blame his players after their 2-1 Carling Cup defeat by Birmingham.
A mix-up between goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny and defender Laurent Koscielny allowed Obafemi Martins to stroke the ball into an empty net on 89 minutes. This was Arsenal's first opportunity to win a major trophy in 6 years since his side beat Manchester United on penalties to win the FA Cup in 2005 and he was pleased with the teams performance despite loosing out at Wembley.
Zigic gave Birmingham a first-half lead but Robin van Persie's spectacular volley restored parity before the interval in an enthralling Wembley final. Martins, on loan from Rubin Kazan, took advantage of a fatal communication breakdown between Gunners goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny and defender Laurent Koscielny to strike the late blow that clinched victory for Blues boss Alex McLeish and his men, sending their supporters into ecstasy.
The striker, on as substitute for Keith Fahey, had the simplest of chances after Koscielny attempted to clear when Szczesny came to collect Nikola Zigic's tame header to extend the north Londoners' six-year wait for a trophy.

This is what Wenger had to say on joining the Arsenal board;

'I am very happy that i was allowed to join the urm... the board here at Arsenal. This is a club close to my heart and i wish never to part from this magnificent football club. I feel my decision to retire from football management was the right one as i have failed to win the club a trophy in six years and i feel that the club and it's wonderful fans deserve a major trophy as they have been through loads together. I am also pleased to hear that the fans are not going to turn against me after my decision to step down as manager and i wish my successor all the best and i will be helping him out at the same time as doing other stuff for the club'

Last edited:
Im stuck between Henry and Viera , aghhh !!

This is what will happen in real life I imagine, He'll go upstairs, but only one man is good enough to take his spot..Thierry Henry. The one and only!

I think i may go with Ian Wright and re-sign Henry and have Viera join as a coach ?

looks good mate will follow when is the next update

looks good mate will follow when is the next update

Should be later tonight, going in shower in 15 then i shall start it :)

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

headernf.png

Wright choice ?

IanWrightGET_468x659.jpg

Today Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has confirmed that former Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic striker Ian Wright will be the man who will replace Arsene Wenger as manager at the Emirates Stadium.
Wright signed for Arsenal in September 1991 for £2.5 million, which was at the time a club record fee. He scored on his debut against Leicester City in a League Cup tie, and then scored a hat-trick on his League debut against Southampton. He won the Golden Boot in his first season by scoring 29 league goals, five of which were for Palace, and 31 in all competitions. He scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season against Southampton; his third goal being the last ever scored in the old First Division. As of 2007, only Wright and Teddy Sheringham (1992–93 season) have won the top-flight goalscoring award having scored for two different clubs during the season in question.
By the time Arsène Wenger had arrived at Arsenal in September 1996, Wright was nearly 33. Despite his age, he continued to score regularly (being the second highest Premier League scorer in 1996–97 with 23 goals), and on 13 September 1997 he broke Cliff Bastin's Arsenal goalscoring record with a hat-trick against Bolton Wanderers (a record since surpassed by Thierry Henry in October 2005). A couple of months later he suffered a bad hamstring injury which ruled him out of the club's run-in to a League and Cup Double; Wright was named as a substitute in the cup final against Newcastle United but did not play.
Wright scored a total of 185 goals for Arsenal in 279 starts and 9 substitute appearances. His final goal at Highbury came on 4 October 1997 against Barnsley and was his 300th career goal for both Crystal Palace and Arsenal. He scored his final goal for Arsenal on 6 January 1998 in a League Cup quarter-final victory against West Ham United at the Boleyn Ground. In his absence, Arsenal were eliminated from the League Cup in the semi-final by Chelsea, ending their hopes of a unique domestic treble.
On 15 July 2008, he finished 4th in 50 Greatest Gunners listed on the Arsenal website.

Wenger and Wright press conference

gun__1233566492_wenger31012009a.jpg

Jeff Sterling - Hello Arsene and Ian, and thank you for joining us here today.

Wenger + Wright - It's a pleasure.

Jeff Sterling - Arsene, are you happy with your replacement ?

Wenger - Yes, Ian is a fantastic person and the fans love him, i wish him all the best.

Jeff Sterling - Ian, how do you feel on taking the job ?

Wright - I am absolutely delighted. I love Arsenal and i love the fans, i love everything about the club. We are currently 2nd in the league and i believe some good signings could see us win the league. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead and ii am relishing working with the squad.

Jeff Sterling - Obviously you and Arsene have spoke, have you spoke about transfers etc. ?

Ian - Yes, we have a shortlist of players we want and we shall work towards those goals.

Jeff Sterling - That's all we have time for i'm afraid, thank you again and goodbye .

good update ian wright is an okay choice but if you check your poll dennis bergkamp won your poll i wouldve preffered bergkamp as well but its ian wright so good luck

Ahh, it was Ian Wright when i typed it :S

its okay ian wright is actually jointed top now with bergkamp it dont matter

Status
Not open for further replies.