BBCLogo.png

........................................................................​
email.png
E-mail this to a friend..........
print.gif
Printable version

Wenger Under Pressure

Arsene_Wenger_449031a.jpg

Rumours are spreading that under-fire manger Arsene Wenger has been given an ultimatum and will be given the boot by the Arsenal board if he fails to qualify for a Champions League place.

So the question is....Could this really happen? Could the most successful manager in the clubs history really be sacked?

The harsh reality of it all is yes, if the team plays like they have for the past two months they will surely not have what it takes to take down Chelsea in the final game of the season.

Arsenal still remain in 5th after a gut wrenching 2-1 loss last week at Anfield, with Fernando Torres finishing off Liverpool's miraculous comeback in the last 5 minutes of the game. The loss comes at a horrible time for the Arsenal as it leaves them 2 points behind 4th spot Manchester City and a massive 12 points behind already champion Chelsea. If Wenger is to jump up past Man city, they will have to beat Chelsea at the Bridge on Sunday, while they will have to hope that Sunderland can get a result at Eastlands.

The task seems almost impossible for Wenger and his team, However, Arsene still has faith in his team to finish the season strongly.

I do not want to make any guarantee's as to what will happen in the Manchester City game as that is out of our hands, but I do strongly believe that we can finish this season on a positive and winning note and that we will be confident when we travel to Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Even though we might not have had the strongest season I do think that we have shown great mental strength and that we have shown that we no matter what we never quit. If we are going to get the result we need against Chelsea, we are going to have to play hard and not make mistakes, if we do this..we can win.
If Wenger's task wasn't hard enough already he also has to deal with injuries. With Chelsea looking like they will have Micheal Essien back in the line up, they will be able to put a fully fit starting 11 on the pitch against Arsenal, while Arsenal are set to miss the ever injured Robin Van Persie, Theo Walcott, and error prone goalkeeper Manuel Almunia (which might just be a good thing for Arsenal fans). On a more positive note though, Arsenal will welcome back their most influential and important player, captain Cesc Fabregas, who passed a fitness test last night, this will be Cesc's first game in 3 weeks after he injured his hamstring once again.

Arsene though, seemed to be more then confident that his depth can help bridge the gap left by the 3 missing players.

Yes, Theo, Robin and Almunia will all miss out. This is sad news as they are quality players and can make a difference when they are on the pitch. But I believe that we have that same quality in our depth players that our team will not miss a step. Chamakh who showed great class in hi finish last week against Liverpool will start again, while Nasri will move from the centre and fill the gap left by Theo's absence. Cesc will move back in to the middle and Lukas will get the start in net. I have the utmost belief in the class of these players and I believe they have what it takes to beast Chelsea.
So with everything to play for with Sunday only a few hours away, judgment day for Le Prof is coming, will his confidence rub off on his players enough to get a massive result at the Bridge, and even with a win will Steve Bruce and Sunderland be able to get a result against Manchester city?

It's going to be a great day of football.

Last edited:
Great start mat every good detail keep this up throughout the story and i'll follow ;)

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Sunderland vs Manchester City Match Report
Sunderland+v+Manchester+City+Premier+League+42aBpCAQh6Yl.jpg

A late Darren Bent penalty gave a stubborn Sunderland side the victory. The Sunderland victory leaves the path open for Arsenal to leap over Manchester City and in to the final Champions League spot.

Sunderland fans will be celebrating throughout the night as their team beat City 3-2. Not only will the Sunderland fans be celebrating, Arsenal fans will also be pleased, the City loss gives the Gunners a chance to leap City in to the final Champions League spot.

The match started out quickly, City was able to beat the offside trap, as Tevez ran on to a pass from David Silva, However, Tevez's low shot was stopped by the outstretched arm of Craig Gordon.

The next big chance presented itself to the Black cats. In the 15th minute, Asamoah Gyan had a shot from outside the box. The chance didn't seem to harmful when it came off his boot, but with Kolo Toure trying to block the shot..the shot bounced off of the City's defender leg and shot off to the right side..and nestled in to the bottom corner of the net. 1-0 Sunderland.

After some intense pressure from City, which saw Tevez miss another great chance and a fine strike from Yaya Toure smash off the post, City finally capitalized on their possession when Tevez finally finished off a chance, he pounced on a rebound let out by Craig Gordon. 1-1.

On the stroke of half time Man City took the lead. A fine finish from David Silva sent City to half time with the lead. 2-1 Manchester.

After a bunch of crazy misses by Manchester City, Sunderland was able to catch City on the break. A missed pass by Gareth Barry saw Lee Cattermole intercept the ball and play a perfect defense splitting pass to a sprinting Darren Bent, who clipped the ball over an onrushing Joe Hart. 2-2.

The 85th minute saw City again miss a chance to rap up the game. After some nice work between Silva and Tevez down the right flank, Silva played a perfect cross to the head of Mario Balotelli, who's header smashed against the bar and was caught by Gordon on the rebound.

Then came injury time, and in the 92nd minute.. James Milner was caught for a handball and referee Martin Atkinson pointed to the spot.

And up stepped Bent, who calmly blasted the ball into the right corner.

And with that result the Black cats vaulted themselves up to 9th and City find themselves still in 4th...for the time being. At least until we know the final score of the match of the weekend, Arsenal vs Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:27 PM ----------

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Chelsea Gun Down Arsenal
_42947083_416celebrations.jpg

Frank Lampard had a brace and a brilliant Salomon Kalou volley lead Chelsea to a 3-1 victory against Arsenal. With the win Chelsea officially became the English Premiere League Champions and the defeat might spell the end of Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

Arsenal's Champions League title hopes were shot down by a brilliant Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, as Arsenal finish 5th in the table.

Chelsea fans will be celebrating for a few days as their team win another English Premiere League title. Chelsea last won back to back title's in 05 and in 06, while under the management of one José Mourinho.

While Arsenal again will have to wait another year to get their hands on some much needed silverware. Since winning the FA Cup in 2005, Arsenal have not won any piece of silverware. Getting to the Champions League final in 06 was the last time Arsenal really had any shot at glory. It is this drought that might just spell the end of Mr.Wenger at Arsenal.

As we know, earlier in the week rumours were spreading that if Arsenal were to lost this game against Chelsea that Arsene Wenger would be sacked, it hasn't happened yet so we will see what happens in the next couple days.

The game started with Arsenal looking like they were up to it, with both Nasri and Chamakh coming close to opening the scoring for Wenger's men.

The opening goal came in the 25th minute, and it came against the flow of the game. With the gunners dominating time of possession, Lampard rushed down the middle of the park and after playing a nice one two with Drogba, placed a cool shot down in the right corner of the net, out of the reach of Fabianski.

The Next goal was again Chelsea's to celebrate, as Frank Lampard was again involved. When Ivanovic got taken down by Song just outside the box,Drogba stepped up and had his brilliant free kick beat the wall but be just saved by a flying Fabianski, however, Lampard was there to put in the rebound as he caught the Arsenal defenders standing.

2-0 Chelsea at the half.

After a cautious start to the second half, Arsenal struck. A brilliant team goal, was orchestrated by Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin. After a Fabregas tidy heel flick, it played Arshavin down the left flank. Arshavin picked up the ball and after jinking by 3 Chelsea defenders, played a pass between the legs of John Terry, picking up the run of Samir Nasri. Nasri then spun around Alex and found himself one on one against Petr Cech in Chelsea's 18 yard box, and just when you thought the move was over Nasri played a simple back pass to Fabregas who smashed a bullet in to the top right corner of the net.

2-1 at the 67th minute.

With time running out on Arsenal's season, Essien put the final touches on a Chelsea defeat. The goal came off a corner, as Lampard played in the corner..Djourou rose up and won the header but his header only made it out to Essien, who was about 25 yards out..and in great Essien fashion he smashed a laser of a volley to the top right corner, the swerve stopped Fabianski from even moving.

So with the season now over, some major changes might be on the horizon for Arsenal next season. Will they really get rid of Arsene Wenger? Will they finally break their silverware drought?

One thing is for sure, this off-season will be a defining one for the club.

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Wenger to Step Down
arsene-wenger_1342863c.jpg

After all the rumours of a potential sack, Arsene Wenger has acted first. He will be stepping down from his post of manager at Arsenal Football Club. The respected manager will stay with the club however, as he will move in to a financial role with the club.

Arsenal fans were shocked to hear that their beloved manager will no longer be at the helm of the club. The Frenchman will be moving in to a board position where he will be working with the financial side of the club. Having an education is economics, Arsene will be able to steer Arsenal in to the promise land financially, just like he did as a manager.

So this means that Arsenal will now be in search for a new manager this summer. The rumours spreading right now is that the shortlist of names is around 10 names long.

The names that are spreading are David Moyes, Frank Rijkaard, José Mourinho, Martin O'Neil, Bert Van Marwjik and even former arsenal greats Ian Wright and Tony Adams.

Odds​

David Moyes 4/1
José Mourinho 8/1
Martin O'Neil 10/1
Frank Rijkaard 14/1
Bert Van Marwjik 20/1
Guus Hiddink 25/1
Joachim Löw 30/1
Tony Adams 40/1
Manuel Pellegrini 60/1
Ian Wright 100/1

The Choice will probably be made within the next couple weeks or quicker, as with the summer transfer window opening in July you will want to give the new manager ample opportunity to make changes. Time will tell if Arsene Wenger made the right decision in leaving his management position.

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Wenger Say's Goodbye to Fans
_41381931_weng_fans416.jpg

After stepping down as Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger held a press conference to address his decision and the future of Arsenal.

(Arsene is non-bold.)

Well, today is a sad and happy day for me. As you know, today is my last day as Arsenal manager as I will be stepping down from the position, and I will move in to a position with the board..and I hope that I can continue to influence Arsenal Football Club.

So Arsene, What you must be feeling some heavy emotions right now..what are you thinking about right now?

Well, I am very, very sad to leave. I love Arsenal very much so, and to leave the manager position is hard. But I have always put Arsenal before me and I believe that it was better for the club if I step down.

Arsene, 14 years at Arsenal, how can you explain how you were able to stay with one club for so long?

I have been lucky to work with great players and when you are able to work with quality players, you can bring success..and with success comes a chance to keep your job.

As one of the most successful and respected managers of the modern era, you have many managers who look up to you..what kind or advice could you give to young aspiring managers around the world?

It would be to survive disappointments, because that's where the intensity of your mental strength and your passion is measured...to win is easy, every manager can survive that, you know and to survive as a manager is to of course to get over disappointments and come back and be more motivated.

In your brilliant career, who has been best player to work with?

I will never tell you that! It is impossible to say, I enjoy working with 99% of my players,how do you compare a Dixson with a Thierry Henry, it's nearly impossible..you compare an Arshavin with a Denis Bergkamp you cannot, cause I enjoy to work with both of them. I must say that, I am lucky to work at the top level because all the players are motivated and are very intelligent.

Have you changed over your 14 years at Arsenal?

I think yes. Physically I have changed..but what has not changed is my desire to do well and to win games, I am still sick after we lose and happy when we win, that has not changed but I think with the experience comes a way of anticipating the problems.

Best moment of the past 14 years?

That is hard, because there have been many great moments over the years but the best moment would be maybe to win the first championship in 98 because then you know you can win here and the best achievement would certainly be to finish the entire season unbeaten.

And the worst?

Champions league 06, to lose the game in the final 13 minutes like we did hurt very much, and also to not win the league when Eduardo got injured..because we were so close and not to win was painful.

Well Arsene, all of us would like to thank you for your incredible work and would like to say good luck in all your future en-devours.

Why Thank you, it has been a pleasure.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Legend Set To Take Control
tony-adams_1119903c.jpg
Tony Adams, the former legendary Arsenal defender is set to shockingly become the new Arsenal manager.​

Could Tony Adams really take control of the most famous and successful clubs in all of Europe? Rumours are swiftly making their rounds across the country that Arsene Wenger himself has approached Adams, and told him that he would be the prefect fit for the position.

The former Arsenal defender who made 669 appearances and scored 48 goals for the club from 1983-2002, is beloved by Arsenal fans everywhere and would be a popular choice if it were to be made. But is going with a manage who has very limited managerial experience good for a club with a stature like Arsenal?

You could look at it from two different view points..

The first being the obvious one, that Adams has no place at a club like Arsenal..in a managerial position that is. The inexperience of a manager like this could have terrible consequences for The Arsenal and it could lead to them dropping a bunch of unnecessary points that a experienced manger would easily pick up.

On the other hand, you can argue the point that appointing a fan favourite and someone who hasn't truly got a shot at becoming a great manager can be a good thing. You wouldn't face the wrath of the fan's if you appoint someone they don't approve of and maybe the manager has this great potential to be a great manager and all he needs is a chance.

In the end, we will see if this will be a good move or a bad move for Arsenal, one thing is for sure no matter who is the manager..and this is the fact that Arsenal have yet to win a trophy since the FA Cup in 2005, and any manger taking over will have to turn that around..quickly.

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

BREAKING NEWS: Tony Adams Confirmed As New Arsenal Manager
tonyadams1.jpg

As of Today Tony Adams is the official manager of Arsenal Football Club, as announced on the teams website.
Adams held his first Press Conference as Arsenal Manager at the teams training facility and we were able to attend..

You stand here today unveiled as the new Arsenal manager. As a big fan, and former legend, surely this must be a dream come true?

I cannot stop smiling, this is a wonderful feeling. The fans know how I feel about Arsenal and I'm sure that they feel the same way about the club as I do. I have always said that Arsenal are the greatest team in the world and I am honoured to be at the helm of such an illustrious club.

Taking over from a legend like Arsene Wenger will be a task that even the most experienced manager would find it hard to do. So, you being an inexperienced manager, how do you intend to deal the legend of Arsene Wenger hanging over your shoulders?

Well, what can I say, Arsene is a legend for a reason, and I would love to be half the manger he was. However, I intend to do all I can to make you guys be talking about me in the same way you talk about Arsene.

New managers often bring about times of upheaval and some at the club fear for their jobs. Will there be many changes?

I will undertake a complete evaluation of the staff here and get rid of anyone I consider to be deadwood.

How involved do you intend to be in the day-to-day running of the club?

I'm going to reshape this club from top to bottom.

While some managers are famous for their hands-on approach, others maintain a more reserved manner with their players. How do you see your management style?

I want every player to know that they can come to me with anything.

What can we expect from you in the transfer market? Are you looking to splash the cash or are you more of a bargain hunter?

My preference is to look towards the future and secure young, talented footballers. This is not to say that I am against spending big, just that I will be spending big or small on young players with massive potential.

As far as your backroom staff go, will you be bringing in your own people or will the likes of Pat Rice and Steve Leonard be staying at the club?

There will definitely be a change in personnel and some of the current staff will have to leave.

What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?

This may surprise you but, I like attractive football and that is what I will be encouraging. Even though I played as a defender, and the fans know me as a solid defensive player, I believe that Arsenal Football Club should only be playing a flowing type of football.

Despite some high quality performances and a squad filled with talent, Arsenal have been unable to win many competitions of late. You must be hoping to change that?

Success is a habit, it breeds further glories, so, yes, we must win something soon.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Adams Overhauls the Coaching Staff
arsenal_fc.png
Today Arsenal via their website announced that Tony Adams has acted quickly in bringing in his only coaching staff.​

Tony Adams has started his Arsenal quickly as he has totally overhauled the Arsenal coaching staff, as a club that prides itself as a club that develops raw talents and turns them in to world beaters, you would think that the staff would be skilled at their job. However, Adams had another idea, after just a few days of training he had evaluated the skills of the coaches and decided to part ways with a number of different coaches.

Leaving the club are GK coach Matt Poom, fitness coach Craig Grant, Neil Banfield, first team coach Tony Colbert and finally youth coach Steve Gatting.

All of the staff member's that were let go, agreed to mutually terminate their contract.

We were able to get some reaction from two of the staff members let go.

Craig Grant
Obviously I am disappointed, to work at a club for nine years and then for it to over that quick is sad, to leave a great club like Arsenal is something I didn't in-vision would happen in the near future as I still had 2 years on my contract left..but then again, I do not want to work at club where I am told that I am not needed and that I am a surplus requirement. For now I am disappointed but I will recover, I still have faith in my ability and will look for work else where.

Steve Gatting

A sad day. I was excited for the future of the club and wanted to be a part of it, being here since 2007 I have seen many players come through the youth ranks and try their hand at first team football, players like Jack Wilshere and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas come to mind. Both of the boys are great talents and will go on to do great things, not just for Arsenal but for England as well. It is sad for it to all be over but at least I can look at the first team develop and know I had a influence on that.
Obviously with such a large group of coaches leaving the club Adams had to being in his own people to fill the void, and that he did.

Joining the club are first team coaches Massimo Neri, Valter Di Salvo and coaches Marco Rota, Tony Carr and Oliver Bierhoff.

The new group of coaches are very respected coaches throughout Europe and look like they will bring great balance to the Arsenal training.

Tony Carr in-particular is a coach that is very respected throughout the football world. Heading the youth development program at rival London club West Ham United, where he worked since 1973. Over his many years many great talents have come through the West Ham academy, most notably are current Premiere League stars Frank Lampard (Chelsea) and Joe Cole (Liverpool). The Arsenal fans will love is Mr.Carr can develop a few more players like that.

Overall, the moves look to be great moves for the club moving forward in to a new era, an era that Tony Adams is keen to form in his own image.

Adams had this to say at his press conference today.

Tony Adams
Today is a sad and happy day for the club. We were able to add some very important coaches to the club but with these changes come's sadness, as we were forced to let some players go. Today though marks the new age of Arsenal football club. We managed to bring in a number of quality coaches that have had very successful careers. I want to make sure that the moves today let the players know that this is not Arsene Wenger's club anymore and that it is mine.
The moves are something of a risk for Adams because it is the first major move that the new manager has made. Time will tell if the right decision was made.

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Adams To Keep Philosophy Alive
joga01.jpg

Tony Adams has said that he intends to keep Arsene Wenger's footballing
philosophy alive, as he prepares to play beautiful.

Arsenal fans and even neutral fans will be happy to know that the way the technical and beautiful way the Gunners play their football will not be changing. As Tony Adams, today announced that he will continue to play the quick, attractive game that has attracted mans new fans to become proud gooners and goonerettes.

Tony Adams:
Football is about entertainment, and that is what I will bring the Arsenal fans. Some fans have asked me...because I was a defender, then I will in-turn, change Arsenal's style from playing beautiful, to playing defensively. I will leave the boring football to be played by the Italian managers. The Arsenal fans have come to love Wenger's style, and I don't want t be the guy who changes it..and thus ruins everything that club has going for it. Just know..Arsenal will continue to buy young, skilled, and quick players in order to play the game the way it's supose to be played.
But will Adam's decision to play an offensive game work?

Obviously the North London club know what their doing when it comes to orchestrating a brilliant one touch and goal type move every time they step out on to the pitch. However, will the departure of the much loved and respected manager be such a negative thing in the dressing room that it could effect their games, not just defensively where they already lack, but in the offensive zone. Time will be the only thing separating failure, or success.

Adams may say that he wants to lead this team to the promise land, and do that by playing an attractive game. But will a coach will his relative inexperience be able to lead this team where it goes?

I think not.

I believe that Arsenal have made a very bad decision in appointing the great Tony Adams. and that his inexperience in coaching players at this high of a level will have a detrimental effect on the players at the team.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:23 PM ----------

BBCLogo.png

email.png
print.gif
Printable version

Arsenal Starlet Henri Lansbury Set For Burnley Loan Move
gun__1233319517_lansbury_loan.jpg

Arsenal have confirmed on the team website, that young star Henri Lansbury will be moving to Championship side Burnley for the rest of the season.

The Arsenal youngster was gunning (pun definitely intended) for a loan move to a Premier League, but when nothing materialized, Tony Adams was forced to look at other options. Interest was high from a reported three Championship clubs, including Swansea City, Hull City, and Forest. However, in the end Lansbury choose to spend his days at Burnley.

The deciding factor was down to the fact that Burnley were able to Lansbury first team football, while the other clubs were reportedly less interested in doing so. Tony Adams, wanted to make sure that the young star was able to get the starts he needs, in order to fully develop in to the next great English star.

We met with Henri at the Arsenal training ground to get his thoughts on the move.

Henri Lansbury
I'm Excited, I know I can make it in the Premiere League..but I also know that you have to work hard to get there and I am willing to make those sacrifices. I love life in London and at Arsenal but in order to make it as a player I have to be playing first team football on a regular basis...At this point in my career I am not quite ready for the Arsenal first team, but I do believe that once I get some experience I will be that player.
This looks a good move for the young Englishmen, the added minutes will be a real boost in his development and when he returns Arsenal will hope he progressed as much as current arsenal superstar Jack Wilshere.

Last edited: