SongFabPersie

Reaction score
I just suffered the my most painful moment on FM. After winning the Carling Cup with Arsenal beating Tottenham, United, Chelsea and Liverpool - (all these teams I beat away by the way) I started concentrating on recovering from a run of bad form which saw me hit 10th from 1st in six games due to heavy injuries. Now I'm 2nd after a run of eight straight wins. Anyway I reached the Semis of the Champions League after thrashing Marseille 8-3 on aggregate. I faced Bayern away first leg and opened the scoring with Jack Wilshere. They equalised and eventually won 2-1. Second leg I needed to win just 1-0 to get through. Five mins in and things were running smoothly 1-0 up with a Wilshere goal. Then it went bad they scored twice. I was facing defeat. I tweaked the tactics majorly and managed to score three times with the last goal coming in the 92nd min. I was going through to the Final home and dry. Then a long ball from Kroos fell for Sagna under pressure from Gomez he kicked it into his own net. Arrghhh!!!

I had a gut wrenching moment.....

Beat Bayern 2-1 in the Quarter finals of the Champions League....then in the first half in the second leg, i was 3-0 down.
Made some changes, and on 90 minutes, they were 3-2 up on the night.....then Llorente scored to put Palermo through on away goals.....Gut Wrenching for the AI :)

First season with Lyon, playing Barcelona in the semis of the Champions League, tied 0-0 at home then at the camp nou went 3-0 down, not sure what team talk I gave but ended up 3-3 and advancing on away goals. Won the treble that season

FA Cup semi final vs Fergie in his last season, got outplayed but still thought we had a chance to nick it, the counter strategy was working fine :'(
BirminghamvManUtdInformation_Overview-1.png

Mine has to be getting defeated in Championship final, was 1-0 up against Bolton- i was Sheff Wed- at half time. Bolton equalised around 55mins. I had so many chances to put the game to bed until in the 89th minute Mark Beavers scored a great header, past his OWN keeper. Grrrrrrrrr!

I think i can top all of those.

Am playing a 2 player game with my cousin (only when hes around so its not as big/far in as my own ones). Am playing as Man Utd and he is Chelsea. After 3 years of us both winning everything and completly rebuilding both our teams the 4 season is stupidly tight.
From August all the way to March there is only 4 points between 1st and 3rd, with me being 1st, cousin is 2nd and Man City 3rd.

To sum up what happened....Nani turned to ****, my defense fell asleep and out of no where Man City leepfroged us both and won the league by a clear 6 points...i felt sick in my stomach as a Man Utd fan and current manager that i let the out noisey neighbours win the league. Then up came the CL final...and guess which teams are playing? thats right its Man Utd vs Man City, well city scored within the first 20 seconds...even before i could set my in game tactics or anything....and they defended the rest of the game. i lost 1-0 in the Champions League final to Man City, whos only shoot at goal and on target was the one that they scored. A match in which i had 43 shoots at their goal and 72% of the ball...

Man City then went on to win the FA Cup....so while i went from entering April with a brilliant chance for a league and CL double, i ended up with nothing. While Man City got their first treble.