Gutting the Wolves for Instant Bouncebackability

Icry

Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers have today announced that after things got a bit Stale at the club, and having previously employed managers with large egos and even arger foreheads... they have hired a complete unknown Peterborough fan to lead the club back to the Premier League. Their new manager plans to do some deals with his close friends the Ferguson family to improve the team and build a dynasty (without Joan Collins).

EXPECTATIONS

The board offered me playoffs, promotion and win the championship and as there was not much difference in terms of available funds with the club, and due to selling plans I have, I went for playofffs. But I am quite confident of putting together a squad who could mix it in the Premier League this year.

THE TEAM

The team when you look at it, does have a lot of quality in most areas but my plan is to completely rip the guts and the heart out of the team, the fans will hate me but I intend to build a new team.

View attachment 322479

As you can see I sold some well known Wolves players such as Richard Stearman, Karl Henry, Roger Johnson (A player guaranteed to get you relegated), Christophe Berra, Ronald Zubar. The fans keep holding banners saying 'Smith is a ****', and 'Tanker (Think thats what it says...).

Pleased with the players I bought in, Michael Keane and Scott Wootton were my main two targets so I am pleased to have them in my new defence. I'm a big fan of Tommy Rowe so signing him is great, he will be my left side utility man to match Eggert Jonsson my right side utility man. Bebe was bought as he was cheap and no-one else was really available. Wes Hoolahan and Dan Gosling are two cracking midfielders for this season, hopefully Gosling can improve and cut it in the Premier League too (We will get promoted!!). John Carew and Rory Delap were available on free transfers so two cheap signings there.

Tactics are simple, a direct flat 4 4 2, or 4 4 2 diamond midfield.

I have dominated the world with Wolves on FM11 so hoping I can repeat that here. First update soon.

You got some good money for some of those players and Carew should be a good buy, i took over Wolves halfway through the season on ny Mick McCarthy save and stormed the league, they may be poor in real life but on here they have some serious quality throughout the side for the championship

Yeah, players like Kevin Doyle, Wayne Hennessey, Danny Batth especially. Last time I did a save with Wolves he was an England International within 3 seasons.

Friendly: Ajax 4 - 1 Wolves
Boukari 44

Friendly: Wolves 2 - 2 Reading
Pearce OG 5, Hunt 45+1

Friendly: Halifax 2 - 3 Wolves
Ebanks Blake 15, 46 Hoolahan 74

Telford 0 - 4 Wolves
Carew 15, 57 Ebanks Blake 40 Jones og 74

Friendly: Wolves 2 - 2 Olympiakos
Ebanks Blake 21, 62

Friendly Ujpest 1 - 1 Wolves
Ebanks Blake 42

Manager's Thoughts: Not really fussed about the pre season as I was too busy trying to buy and sell players and make the squad as I wanted it. Made a few million and got rid of some deadwood, pleased with Ebanks Blake in pre season.

AUGUST

CAP1 Swindon 0 - 2 Wolves
Sako 18 Carew 82

Ch Wolves 2 - 1 Burnley
Carew 59, 90+1

Ch Birmingham 2 - 2 Wolves
Ebanks Blake 42, Carew 52

Ch Wolves 1 - 0 Derby
Gosling 4

Cap 2 Bournemouth 1 - 3 Wolves
Batth 25 Carew 49 Sigurdarson 82

POTM: John Carew - Big goals from big John, defensively we have been very good as well.

September

Ch Peterborough 0 - 2 Wolves
Rowe 79 Sigurdarson 85

Tommy Rowe scoring against former club Peterborough made it sweet, still love the Posh though!

Ch Wolves 1 - 0 Leicester
Carew 19

Ch Leeds 1 - 3 Wolves
Batth 7 Hunt pen 52 Ebanks Blake 84

Ch Wolves 2 - 0 Blackpool
Carew 38 Ebanks Blake 90+3

Cap 3 Norwich 0 - 1 Wolves
Jonsson 34

Great for Eggert Jonsson to score and knock out Premier League opposition, superb utility player getting a good run as cenrtre midfielder.

Ch Bristol City 1 - 3 Wolves
Ebanks Blake 14, 45 Hoolahan 46

Another solid month, lots of win and a scalping of Norwich was a big result. Only problem was Bebe broke his leg against Norwich so it was bittersweet.

POTM - Danny Batth, a young rock in the heart of defence.

OCTOBER

Ch Wolves 0 - 1 Watford

Ch Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Wolves
Hoolahan 1

Ch Wolves 3 - 1 Barnsley
Keane 10 Batth 51 Doyle pen 86

Oh Hello Kevin Doyle, finally turned up, about frigging time! Great to see Keane get first senior goal as well.

Ch Wolves 2 - 1 Huddersfield
Doyle 22, 39

Cap 4 Wolves 1 - 1 Fulham (4-2 pens)
Doyle 21

Kevin Doyle has finally showed up and he scoops my Player of the Month. Another prem league scalp but a good victory none the less.

NOVEMBER

Ch Charlton 0 - 1 Wolves
Hunt pen 29

Ch Wolves 2 - 0 Middlesbrough
Carew 32 Doyle 65

Ch Forest 3 - 0 Wolves Utter *****!

Ch Wolves 1 - 0 Cardiff
SEB 72

Ch Blackburn 1 - 1 Wolves
Margreitter 45+4

Ch Hull 1 - 2 Wolves
Doyle pen 57 Sigurdarson 74

Ch Wolves 3 - 2 Bolton
Jonsson 45+1 Margreitter 79 Batth 86

Ch Ipswich 1 - 3 Wolves
Sigurdarson 24 Doyle pen 31 Rowe 54

Awesome month bar the Forest result, strikers are still a worry though, no - one is really stepping up.