ErikH

Reaction score
Hi Fm-base

I've been viewing these forums since FM09 now, and finally decided to make an account. (H)

I have a few questions on a 41212 formation that I'm working on for my newly-started Hércules game. I think they're a great team to play, especially given the fact that they can get a huge transfer sum. You can tweak to about 10m-12m, and by selling a few uneeded players, 18m.

I've almost always used the 41212 but in FM11 it hasn't been working aswell as before.

At the moment its a deep defensive line with much width and quick tempo and:
-Fluid
-Attacking
-Short-passing
-More expressive
-Press more
-Zonal marking

Are these settings efficient for the 41212?

My other question is regarding player roles. Beforehand I deployed poacher/poacher which worked okay sometimes. I've got Kadlec and Nelson Valdez as poacher and adv. forward. Is there a better way to go than this?

What are the ideal player roles for the two central midfielders? I want them to contribute greatly in both directions, mostly helping out defensively.
Last question: Anchor man, should he be closing down on the whole pitch?

Any other pointers and advice for the 41212 is much appreciated..

Thanks!
E

maybe readjust ur passing
and look in the match analysis what players don't pass well and change their creativity mentality passing etc
i love to use that formatiion
and i usually go with a defensive midfielder or deeplaying playmaker both in defend
the 2 in the middle deeplaying playmakers or centralmidfielders support
but now i tried with a advanced playmaker attack and box to box mid support and works quite well
the AMC is ussually a inside forward or Advance forward in my tactics

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4218
take a look at it maybe it helps you

Thanks paetoja,

I've read your tactic. It looks very good..

I've put my AMC, Dario Conca, as advanced playmaker and the tactic is using him as primary playmaker. I've took your advice, and I might try Abel Aguilar as deep-lying playmaker, a bit defensive like Xabi Alonso, and Tiago Gomes as box-to-box.

Is the anchor man a bad choice for the 41212?
Thanks

Thanks paetoja,

I've read your tactic. It looks very good..

I've put my AMC, Dario Conca, as advanced playmaker and the tactic is using him as primary playmaker. I've took your advice, and I might try Abel Aguilar as deep-lying playmaker, a bit defensive like Xabi Alonso, and Tiago Gomes as box-to-box.

Is the anchor man a bad choice for the 41212?
Thanks

its not a bad idea if you have a player who can play it
with a anchor man ur fullback/wingbacks can play more offensively cuz he is there to help them
and be sure to make Conca roam from position
should get him 40+ passes a game

Thanks again.
I love having offensive backs. Kiko and Coentrao are my backs..
Conca I've got roaming and he looks like a superb player. I'm still in pre-season though..

I will try with an anchor man. I will be using abraham paz if you know him, he looks like he has the right attributes for it

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:31 PM ----------

Having big problems with this tactic so far. Not scoring much and conceding almost one goal per game.. Is there something fundamentally wrong with my setup from 1st post?

maybe lowering ur width and slowing ur tempo
also putting creativity freedom to more strict
and look at match analysis after the game
see waht player loses possession , who passes badly etc