had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BALDERS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4K

BALDERS

Reaction score
it seems that no matter what formation what team talk or players i buy i just cant win at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have really enjoyed fm since day one but this is bordering on ridiculous, i play as man utd and just got beat by norwich away from home 6-2 and all goals conceded were corners!!!

i cannot stop conceding goals whether corners or not have played 40 games and conceded 52 goals, im man utd for gods sake!!

somebody must be able to help me pleeeeassse

Haha WOOOOW!! You must be the worst manager ever lol. My advice is...STOP PLAYING. Really you should be banned ;)

it seems that no matter what formation what team talk or players i buy i just cant win at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have really enjoyed fm since day one but this is bordering on ridiculous, i play as man utd and just got beat by norwich away from home 6-2 and all goals conceded were corners!!!

i cannot stop conceding goals whether corners or not have played 40 games and conceded 52 goals, im man utd for gods sake!!

Stop changing tactics. If you're really struggling then even with Man Utd you should just be able to play a standard 4-4-2 and pick up a few points. Just stick with a tactic as the players need to get familiar with it.

Haha WOOOOW!! You must be the worst manager ever lol. My advice is...STOP PLAYING. Really you should be banned ;)

Not really helpful to be honest, if you can't contribute, don't comment.

What formation are you playing? Have you tried a tactic from our download section?

I would say have you got your youth playing but even they aren't that bad. try changing your formation and sticking with the formation you choice. maybe your not putting your players in the right style they want to play, see what your assistant manager recommends.

Either use the tactic creater or use a tactic from the website. I think you give you're players the wrong role and duty and that is why you loose. You might also play with a tactic United is unfamiliar with and if you change tactic constantly, how are they ever going to adapt?

Just use a basic 442 for a bit and see what happens and also have you bought anyone that isn't that great or sold some good players? Are you just playing your youth team? Or are you trying to play youngsters, Utd got hammered by City using yougsters so that could also be a problem.

Why don't you just try a more defensive tactic, till you get use to it; then move up the philosophy of how your team plays,

appreciate the replies!

at the mo im playing a 442 with advanced wingers. just cant get it to work at all :(

how do i find out what my assistant recommends also how do i find out which roles suit my players?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Just use a basic 442 for a bit and see what happens and also have you bought anyone that isn't that great or sold some good players? Are you just playing your youth team? Or are you trying to play youngsters, Utd got hammered by City using yougsters so that could also be a problem.

ha i wish i could blame it on youth but was playing a full strength squad!! bar rooney as he broke his leg

If it's any help, when I start out, I go control philosophy, short passing, normal tempo, normal width, stick to position..can't remember the rest. During the match, retain possession, work ball into box and pass to feet. It works for me until the players have become fluid in the formation and tactics then upgrade it a bit more. I know it's only Torquay Utd, but I've used it on teams like Everton and Fulham and West Ham (in FM 11) and it's worked well. Granted players are nowhere near as good as Man Utds, but still it works.

Why don't you just try a more defensive tactic, till you get use to it; then move up the philosophy of how your team plays,

i like to play 442 but i struggle with team settings. i normally go balanced/control as i know its a popular choice. is it worth trying rigid/counter? what would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

If it's any help, when I start out, I go control philosophy, short passing, normal tempo, normal width, stick to position..can't remember the rest. During the match, retain possession, work ball into box and pass to feet. It works for me until the players have become fluid in the formation and tactics then upgrade it a bit more. I know it's only Torquay Utd, but I've used it on teams like Everton and Fulham and West Ham (in FM 11) and it's worked well. Granted players are nowhere near as good as Man Utds, but still it works.

ah you see when its written down in front of you it seems to make perfect sense. i guess im just tactically inept as i would never off thought of it myself.

my 1st season is coming to an end so i shall implement this for season 2

thank you very much

i like to play 442 but i struggle with team settings. i normally go balanced/control as i know its a popular choice. is it worth trying rigid/counter? what would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

ah you see when its written down in front of you it seems to make perfect sense. i guess im just tactically inept as i would never off thought of it myself.

my 1st season is coming to an end so i shall implement this for season 2

thank you very much

Wouldn't say tactically inept lol. It did take me a while to get it right. Depends on players, and a whole host of things. But once you get it right, it feels great. Just keep tweaking when you have to. And like mentioned, if you have to, look around the download section for tactics. We all need help at some point. Just persevere and it'll come good either with or without help :)

I'm **** at FM in general, but I started a game with Man Utd and I seem to be pwning (Bought 3 players, 2 kids and one dmc - Sven Bender - just for the lols). I play 4-4-2 with the wingers in AM positions.

Maybe you're playing it wrong?

I'm **** at FM in general, but I started a game with Man Utd and I seem to be pwning (Bought 3 players, 2 kids and one dmc - Sven Bender - just for the lols). I play 4-4-2 with the wingers in AM positions.

Maybe you're playing it wrong?

well you have to tell me how cos im pulling my hair out here!!!

its only a game but im going slightly mad with it all ;)

how do i find out what my assistant recommends also how do i find out which roles suit my players?
on your tactic screen, just to the right off where it says starting tactic and above your squad list there should be the words 'squad' then an image of a eye then most likely saying' selection info', click on the eye and a drop down menu appears... choose assistant reports and there it tell you the rating of players in the best positions and the best role they play thier

If your conceding so many from set pieces, why don't you set the match preparation to defending set pieces?

If your conceding so many from set pieces, why don't you set the match preparation to defending set pieces?

have done since 1st day off the season :(

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

on your tactic screen, just to the right off where it says starting tactic and above your squad list there should be the words 'squad' then an image of a eye then most likely saying' selection info', click on the eye and a drop down menu appears... choose assistant reports and there it tell you the rating of players in the best positions and the best role they play thier

****** marvelous!!!! thank you

As Anji, my record is currently undefeated at 6-0-0.

The tactic I employ is a 4-3-3/4-1-2-3/4-1-2-2-2 .. Yeah, something like that.
Defence is a normal set up, but with my faster CB under a 'Cover' role and the other (usually with better heading/tackling) having the 'Stopper' role. Full backs set to Automatic, unless I decide to attack in which I make them Wing Backs.
Midfield consists of an 'Anchor Man' DMC, a 'Ball Winning Midfielder' CM and another CM as a 'Box-To-Box Midfielder'.
I then play two AMs on either wing, and have them set both set as an 'Inside Forward', with a lone striker as a 'Deep Lying Striker/Forward'.

Whichever tactic you choose to employ, set your Match Preperation to 'Very High' on 'Teamwork'. Also make sure that you have one or two backup tactics, usually one for heavy defence and one for heavy attack.

I play a Fluid Control game, which actually works really well. To keep my defence tight-packed, I have my defensive line slightly deeper than normal and have only conceded 2 in 6, so I guess it's doing pretty good; especially as my options for defense aren't actually great.

But it's a tactic I have been working on since FM07 and slowly tinkering as the series go on. It's all about tinkering, just got to find what works for you.

If your struggling id reccomend playing the default 4-4-2 until you get used to how things work. Its a good solid and very simple tactic ideal for beginners and people who don't want to get bogged down in tactics. Its what i use until i get used to the match engine. Just create a 442 on the wizard and select default for everything. The only change i make is i use wingers instead of wide midfielders. Screenshot of how it should look below:

View attachment 199245

Also like Sean said its important not to make drastic changes to your tactics all the time. Let your team get used to how you want them to play. Keep an eye on the familiarity gage. This is a good solid and simple base for you to get used to the game, as you become more confident you can start making small tweaks. Good luck.

Last edited:
Back