had enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter BALDERS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4K
Patience is the key, the game is new, I for one understand the frustration but you gotta just plug away at it, there is plenty of good advice out there from guys like JP and Sean. There is no sugar packet fix, it just takes time. You may also want to give Kofloks Goals Galore a go at some stage, I had some success using it with united, however I suggest following JP's advice initially.

First rule, calm the f*ck down. Seriously (H). its not like everything can be done overnight. and Rome wasn't built in one day, so stick with it. ! ;)

i would say that u can got try out the tactics upload in this forum, have a go, and later see for ur self how ur team should play. u sometimes dont need to rely on buy players every time (except for some situations ;) )and it will take time also for new signings to gel in to the team, especially a team as big as United. :P

If your struggling id reccomend playing the default 4-4-2 until you get used to how things work. Its a good solid and very simple tactic ideal for beginners and people who don't want to get bogged down in tactics. Its what i use until i get used to the match engine. Just create a 442 on the wizard and select default for everything. The only change i make is i use wingers instead of wide midfielders. Screenshot of how it should look below:

View attachment 199245

Also like Sean said its important not to make drastic changes to your tactics all the time. Let your team get used to how you want them to play. Keep an eye on the familiarity gage. This is a good solid and simple base for you to get used to the game, as you become more confident you can start making small tweaks. Good luck.

cheers mr woody. i guess im trying to run before i can walk!!

really appreciate everyones help on this as i struggled on previous versions too i normally resort to using other peoples but im determined to create my own even if it kills me!!

thanks again people i really appreciate everything

I worked on a 4-4-2 in FM10 that took me months to perfect, and I've carried it into FM11 and 12 and it's working like a dream. Tactics take a long time to master and patience is the key. It's also advisable to form a tactic that suit your players, or failing that buy players that suit your tactic. If you're trying to shoehorn players into a tactic that simply doesn't suit them it will never work.

It's all about small tweaks as you progress. It's incredibly difficult to get an unbeaten season on Football manager, I've only ever done it once and I was using someone elses tactic when I achieved that. I tend to go off game to game ratings. If a player gets below 6.5 playing in midfield as a Centre Mid, support, I'll change him to Centre mid, attack. If he gets a better rating in the next game but not massively, I'll try changing it to Advanced Playmaker, attack. I just tweak the player roles but always stick with the same formation. Also, you have to keep in mind which team you're playing against and the form they are in, is it home or away.. There are a load of variations to take in to consideration, your team morale, I could go on all day. What helps in FM12 now though is on the player report, it tells you exactly where your player prefers to play. Patience is a virtue and it isn't the end of the world, if you're failing miserably, you can always save your tactic and start a new game with it and do that until you perfect it.

I play as Sunderland and after 26 games in season 1 I am 5th in the league. I made a tactic using tactic creator with 4-3-1-2 as the base. I moved the R and L midfielders to the ML and MR positions. In the set piece creator I tweaked corners to have a FB attacking from deep, set the style to counter and left the play as balanced. I loaned Wellbeck from Man U and bought Darron Gibson - thats all.

My team is:
GK: Gordon (when fit)
RB: Oshea
CB: Brown
CB: Bramble
LB: Richardson
MR: Larsson
MC: Gibson
ML: Vaughn
AMC: Sessegnon
ST: Bentdner (as the attacking forward)
ST: Wellbeck (as the supporting forward)

This is all I done and as Sunderland I am doing very well. Surprising really as I did exactly the same in the demo and was near the bottom! I dont know how the game works things out but its working.

i like to play 442 but i struggle with team settings. i normally go balanced/control as i know its a popular choice. is it worth trying rigid/counter? what would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

ah you see when its written down in front of you it seems to make perfect sense. i guess im just tactically inept as i would never off thought of it myself.

my 1st season is coming to an end so i shall implement this for season 2

thank you very much

Well as Man Utd I would play a fluid, attacking/control. 4-2-2, and then get use to it, thats what i did and when you get into it, start editing the player instructions to get your players use to the tactic.

Back