Hajduk Split - Bringing Back The Glory Days

kiedude

Reaction score
Youtube searches of Hajduk Split fans will reveal incredible scenes of passion, unlike anything you'd see in Britain. This got me thinking. What happened to this club? Once a club in the Champions League quarter finals, now unable to get into the Europa League group stages

Upon further research I saw they got knocked out of this years Europa League playoff round by Metalist Kharkiv. Upon the full time whistle confirming the teams departure the players fell to the ground, but the Hajduk fans started chanting 'I love you Hajduk'

These amazing scenes of passion should be rewarded with quality, and titles, instead they have players which don't even take their wages, to help the finances of the club. The finances are not good. I'm no expert on Croatian football, but FM says they're £1.5 million in debt, which is double their estimated value in game.

So, can I bring this great clubs fans what they deserve and make them become the European force they once were again? Or will I spiral the debts out of control and become the worst manager since Ally McCoist? (Yep, I went there)

Pre season

Our results in the pre season were terrible, that's because I went on holiday, not as if could afford transfers.

View attachment 319314
Yeah, could've went much better...

As you can see, we drew Jelgeva of Latvia in the 2nd Qualifying round of the Europa League

Thought I'd show how bad my finances are.

View attachment 319313
Although, things are close to becoming good as young star Mimic is negotiating a contract with Feyenoord after I accepted a bid of £2 million up front, with potential to go up to £5 million.

Our squad is very promising, not a single player in their 30s

View attachment 319312
Next update will be a start of season update, where I'll review our Europa League games.

Sounds like a good story mate,
Will be following

August update + Europa League Qualifiers

A huge month for the football club, getting the Europa League group stages would be the first step in recreating the glory Hajduk once experienced.

Europa League Qualifying Rnd 2 vs Jelgava

Leg One

View attachment 319175
A decent result in Latvia, should finish it in Split

Leg 2

View attachment 319172
Easy victory.

Europa League Qualifying Rnd 3 vs Goteborg

A tougher game, should win though.

Leg One

View attachment 319170
Poor result, need much better back home.

Leg Two

View attachment 319169
That's more like it!

Europa League Qualifier Playoff Rnd vs Celtic

This is it. We faced the Glasgow Celtic. Winning would put us in the Europa League groups. Losing would plummet us out, at a huge cost for the club.

Leg One

View attachment 319168
Oh dear :( Shocking defeat. Work needed for the game in Split.

Leg Two

View attachment 319167
NO! We were 3-0 up and we blew it. Our young team didn't have the mental ability to cope with the pressure, and it came back to haunt us. We could really do with an experienced captain to help this.

League

Our league form was excellent (sorry about the screenshot showing the Europa League matches. Don't think you can filter what competitions to show on FMC)

View attachment 319166
Which led to me getting awards like this

View attachment 319165
And the team doing this.

View attachment 319164
Well, as long as we keep this up...

Finances and Transfers

The finances are looking much better

View attachment 319163
But, how did this happen? What got us £2M> in a month? Well, Milic happened.

View attachment 319162
View attachment 319161
He joined Feyenoord for £2M up front, we get £2M over 12 months, and we get £1M after he makes 50 league appearances. Not bad.

Next update will be September update, which unfortunately nothing exciting will happen (Unless a new chairman or something shows up, never say never.

Last edited: