chule

Reaction score
Hajduk 5-3-2 (CL'94/95) / Croatia 5-3-2 (Euro'96) 14.2

Dear FM fans, here is my very successful FM14 tactic, based on Hajduk Split from season 1994/95, quater-finalist of European Champions League. They have lost against that year Champions, and one of the best teams ever, Ajax Amsterdam (0:0, 0:3), but they have played very beautiful football.
View attachment 462078
[video=youtube;AX6HEFAD67I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX6HEFAD67I[/video]

Formation 3-5-2, or if you want to call it 5-3-2, with libero, was very popular in Croatia in late '80s, and trough all '90s, so our national team (3rd place at World Cup 1998), and most clubs played the same way.

For this formation, you need to find good Libero, player who is ''good with the ball'', because he is like midfielder in the phase of attack, and it would be nice that he has good pace, tackling and acceleration, because he is corrector of the last line of defense.
On the wings you need pacey players with good stamina and cross.
In the middle you need lots of creativity, and in attack you need players who knows how to put inside of the net everything what midfielders and wingbacks creates for them :D

And here is some screenshots of my first season:
View attachment 462075View attachment 462074View attachment 462073View attachment 462072View attachment 462071View attachment 462070View attachment 462069View attachment 462068View attachment 462067View attachment 462066
Results, transfers, tables, my best scorer, formation, table of my U19 team that used the same formation but I didn't controlled them, etc.

So in the first season, without signings till the winter break and than with 2 loaned players, with media predictions 3rd, I have finished 1st with more than 20 points advantage and played in semifinal of Europa League. I have lost some matches at the end of the season because of EL. I don't have a 'long bench'.
I have dropped Croatian Cup in early phase cause I used 2nd team against 1st division club Osijek, but that is the only black spot in the season.

I have tried this formation with Barcelona and Croatian NT and it works perfectly.

And here is tactic:
View attachment 462065

14.2. UPDATE
After great success with Hajduk Split, and 6 Croatian titles, 6 Croatian cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 2 World Club Championships and 1 European Supercup in 7 and a half seasons i have accepted AC Milan offer, and took over stumble giant. My Hajduk side was full of great regens so great results wasn't surprise, but this Milan is disaster, full of old and bad players, and after debut and extra time cup lost against Sampdoria, I can't lose a match, and I'm playing beautiful football.
Like you can see, I'm obsessed with recreations of retro formations, so this one is based on Croatia national team from quals for, and Euro'96 in England, with 3 creative, offensive players in the middle (Boban,Prosinečki,Asanović)
It would be good to have players like this:
1 GK (Dra?en Ladić) best GK you can buy
2 CWBr (Mario Stanić/N.Jurčević) speed, tackling, cross, stamina
3 CWBl (Robert Jarni) same
4 CDr (Igor ?timac) tackling, marking, header, jumping, strength, positioning...speed is extra
5 BPD (Nikola Jerkan/Z.Soldo) same. This position should be SW/Libero, but it work better this way
6 CDl (Slaven Bilić) same
7 APr (Aljo?a Asanović) creativity, passing
8 APl (Robert Prosinečki) creativity, passing, dribbling
9 AFl (Davor ?uker) scorer
10 BBM (Zvonimir Boban) creativity, passing, composure, stamina, tackling
11 CFr (Alen Bok?ić/G.Vlaović) scorer and creator
View attachment 439908this is AC Milan position before I took over them
View attachment 439906and this is now
View attachment 439905this is frustrating
View attachment 439903results (friendly before Sampdoria is my first match)
View attachment 439902formation

14.2. tactic:Croatia 5-3-2 (Euro'96).tac - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Last edited:
is this still working with the release of the new games? full version etc was using a formation that had wbs and the new patch basically wrecked it due to wingback being poor

I haven't tried full game yet, but it worked nice after that last beta update.

ill give it ago with my Gloucester side all else I try has failed considering starting agen tbh

wow, if this works its ealy oldCOOL!(not oldschool, but that 2 ^^)
Impressive work mister. If i ever get another save going im deffo going to try it. infact ill use it as my third tac so my atleticoteam can get used to it. never know when you need a new angle to turn a match :)

Pre season fitness for a week, than team cohesion with teamwork, and after that balanced, and match preparation depends of the match. When I'm favorite, attacking movement and when I'm outsider defansive movement or def set pieces if they are scoring much from set pieces.

This tactic deserves more attention. Great results at the moment. Good job

Wkdsol, you have a few screenshots in the opening post, down.
I didn't, and I still don't have a time for a new tread, and this tactic deserve a new tread. It don't have anything with that first one, that worked on demo version of the game, and after that was unuseful.

I didn't test it much, I have played just my Hajduk save in 2020, where I have a team full of brasilian and argentinian regens, so it isn't anything strange when I'm winning everything...but when I accept AC Milan job, and continue with a great results, I had to upload this tactic. Maybe after new year I found some time for a new tread, just for this new tactic, and with more screenshots, with more testing results.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw em sorry.

Tried the new one, team didnt fit or like it much.. :)

What team are you? I suppose that this work good with high level teams. You need good wingbacks and creative middle, so I suppose that would work great in Barcelona or Arsenal. But, what tactic wouldn't :)